**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New Arena Structure Feedback v2.0

Comments

• Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I posted multiple times to just remove the 6 star basics and just have the 5 star basics. Keep the milestone at 4 mill for 5 star basic and 12 mill for 6 star featured. High roster players can go for 6 star featured, medium rosters can plug the holes in the 5 star rosters and players moving to medium level can just get the milestones. With this change, people with big rosters will just grind for 6 star featured over the weekend and 6 star basic over the week and get both easily.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I had concerns with the first adjustment. I'm cool with this.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    My biggest complaint is why in the world are you guys so stingy with units. Seriously... I understand you need to make money but there are a fair amount of players who don’t spend or who spend very minimally and use arena to get their units. 135 units for the work we put in for arena is such a joke. The system we have now is actually pretty good, yeah it hurts smaller rosters but you guys should have addressed that part not hurt the new arena. The new arena was perfectly fine, just address something for the smaller rosters and you would have been fine. Maybe add a feature 5 star or basic 5 star for smaller rosters where only 4 and 5 stars can be used.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,118 ★★★★★

@hungryhungrybbq

So basically you want the advantage of your BIG 6* roster, you have worked soooo hard for, over all the smaller accounts with less 6*.
    To make it way easier for you to get the basic 6* and expand your chances?!

These 98% of people underneath you have absolutely NO chance against these big 6* rosters because of the absurd points 6* normally give compared to the rest. Competition would be death for them before it even started.
    On the other side, with these changes, the 2% can still compete and get the basic champs, it’s just a more even playing field, with chances for a far bigger group of players to even get a basic champ.
    So what is the better compromise? Cater to 40% of the player base or to the top 2% and completely exclude the rest?!

I sure recognize you always talk about a "fair" solution for everyone but I haven’t read the smallest hint what this could be.
    Come up with at least something small ... anything.
    Talking about it is so easy but I can’t see a solution making it "fair" in your sense. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lol.. what is fair? I'll play this game with you... Let's just start here. How long have you been playing the game? And how long have you been playing arena? I've been playing for over 4 years. And spent years grinding arena with 3, 4 and 5 star already...I've already done this and I didn't complain while doing it. And I moved to using 6 star in arena a year ago. Now you want me to go backwards in time and start using 5 star again? In a NEW arena...that offers 6 star as the top prize? I'm sorry, but your position just sounds selfish to me. You don't mind if other people's value of thier roster vets nerfed if it means you will get better prizes more easily than we did.

Here's why it doesn't make sense. For 3 years (roughly the time 6 star have been in game?), veteran players were working to build their 6 rosters. In the beginning, we were earning like.. one (non-buffed) trash 6 star champ, idk..
    like every 3-6 months? Now, you think it should be easy to earn a fully formed version of guaranteed champ you want? You really don't see what's wrong with this?

You don't see how your progress in this game is supposed to mean something and have value? And how this essentially takes all the value you worked for and makes it useless. What is the point then, of the whole game?

As for my solutions or ideas to fix the existing system. Most of those were given in the original massive thread on this issue. Look them up if you wish. But, the short version is that I was floating the idea of a system where you have to choose a selection of a limited number of arenas you want to play in for each cycle. As a way to tune each arena to have the correct amount of units for the correct amount of effort. So that the milestones in the lower arenas can be increased for newer players without fear of adding "extra" units for veteran players. Like, a choose 2 of 3 or something. That's the short version. Or they will just have to scrap the 3 arena idea if they can't find a fair way to make it work for everyone.
  • Options
    Yale007Yale007 Posts: 39
    People complaining about their 6* being useless...
    Arenas aren't the only content in the game. Arenas help you gather resources to progress— be it units, shards or champions.
    Arenas are not progression.
    Also people complaining about not getting 6* champions with this new system, we’re talking about 100 people that are using resources, units & boosts, to get the champs anyway. People happy with these changes who will never have a shot at being a top 100 player number in the tens of thousands. Those 100 people are gonna spend resources anyway just like they always have before.
    All that being said, 6* cool downs should be brought to 5* levels.
  • Options
    iFilipowicziFilipowicz Posts: 41
    Pulyaman said:

I posted multiple times to just remove the 6 star basics and just have the 5 star basics. Keep the milestone at 4 mill for 5 star basic and 12 mill for 6 star featured. High roster players can go for 6 star featured, medium rosters can plug the holes in the 5 star rosters and players moving to medium level can just get the milestones. With this change, people with big rosters will just grind for 6 star featured over the weekend and 6 star basic over the week and get both easily.

So basically like now. 6* champs only for the top 2% and nothing really new for the rest. Great changes 😂
  • Options
    KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    edited June 2021

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

At a minimum if the 6* champs are getting the same points as a 5*, reduce their cooldown to be the same

This is only in the Basic Arena, which is an Arena they previously could not be used in.
    They could be used there though...

I'm referring to the Arenas before we introduced the 5 and 6 Star Basic.
    Why does kabam always do the same thing. I mean they change something, no one likes it and they have to put it back the same way it was but a little worse. It’s like you guys do this on purpose. So at the end you are not improving , you are just moving things around for at the end leave it pretty much the same. You have tried to improve the death matches and then you couldn’t so you went back to be the same, and now same thing you guys are going back with these “new arenas” to mimic the old arenas again. Dumb
  • Options
    iFilipowicziFilipowicz Posts: 41
    edited June 2021

Lol.. what is fair? I'll play this game with you... Let's just start here. How long have you been playing the game? And how long have you been playing arena? I've been playing for over 4 years. And spent years grinding arena with 3, 4 and 5 star already...I've already done this and I didn't complain while doing it. And I moved to using 6 star in arena a year ago. Now you want me to go backwards in time and start using 5 star again? In a NEW arena...that offers 6 star as the top prize? I'm sorry, but your position just sounds selfish to me. You don't mind if other people's value of thier roster vets nerfed if it means you will get better prizes more easily than we did.

Here's why it doesn't make sense. For 3 years (roughly the time 6 star have been in game?), veteran players were working to build their 6 rosters. In the beginning, we were earning like.. one (non-buffed) trash 6 star champ, idk..
    like every 3-6 months? Now, you think it should be easy to earn a fully formed version of guaranteed champ you want? You really don't see what's wrong with this?

You don't see how your progress in this game is supposed to mean something and have value? And how this essentially takes all the value you worked for and makes it useless. What is the point then, of the whole game?

As for my solutions or ideas to fix the existing system. Most of those were given in the original massive thread on this issue. Look them up if you wish. But, the short version is that I was floating the idea of a system where you have to choose a selection of a limited number of arenas you want to play in for each cycle. As a way to tune each arena to have the correct amount of units for the correct amount of effort. So that the milestones in the lower arenas can be increased for newer players without fear of adding "extra" units for veteran players. Like, a choose 2 of 3 or something. That's the short version. Or they will just have to scrap the 3 arena idea if they can't find a fair way to make it work for everyone.

Man, I started January 2017 with this game and played arenas straight from the start until today.
    My first real price from arena was 4* cap wwII or cable, not sure who was first.
    You make a lot of empty/worthless accusations and assumptions and you don’t have to explain the smallest part about the game to me, FOR SURE!
    So probably come down from your high horse.
    You are no "unicorn" because of playing for more than 4 years 😂😂🤡
  • Options
    Cop123Cop123 Posts: 129 ★★

@hungryhungrybbq

So basically you want the advantage of your BIG 6* roster, you have worked soooo hard for, over all the smaller accounts with less 6*.

These 98% of people underneath you have absolutely NO chance against these big 6* rosters because of the absurd points 6* normally give compared to the rest. Competition would be death for them before it even started.
    On the other side, with these changes, the 2% can still compete and get the basic champs, it’s just a more even playing field, with chances for a far bigger group of players to even get a basic champ.
    So what is the better compromise? Cater to 40% of the player base or to the top 2% and completely exclude the rest?!

I sure recognize you always talk about a "fair" solution for everyone but I haven’t read the smallest hint what this could be.
    Talking about it is so easy but I can’t see a solution making it "fair" in your sense. 🤷🏻‍♂️

fair solution is to put units in featured arena milestone so that whales can get full benefit of 6 stars and grind milestones while basic arena remains competitive. but kabam don't want to add more units.
  • Options

Man, I started January 2017 with this game and played arenas straight from the start until today.
    My first real price from arena was 4* cap wwII or cable, not sure who was first.
    You make a lot of empty/worthless accusations and assumptions and you don’t have to explain the smallest part about the game to me, FOR SURE!
    So probably come down from your high horse.
    You are no "unicorn" because of playing for more than 4 years 😂😂🤡
    All you've demonstrated here is when you downloaded the game. I could have downloaded the game in 2017 then played "casually" and wed probably be in the same place. Look, I don't know how many 6 you have or don't have. I really don't care either. But you're right, I made the assumption that regardless of the number you have, you feel like it's not enough?

I guess a better question for you would have been how much content have you done both temporary and permanent? Are you, or have you ever been in a competitive alliance? In other words, what steps have you taken to earn 6 star champs? That actually requires effort on your part.
  • Options
    None of that has ever mattered outside of more Champs mean more Points, as far as the Arenas are concerned. You put up enough Points, you get the Rewards.
  • Options
    Cop123 said:

@hungryhungrybbq

fair solution is to put units in featured arena milestone so that whales can get full benefit of 6 stars and grind milestones while basic arena remains competitive. but kabam don't want to add more units.
    With all due respect, what I'm saying is not all veteran players want to be told.. only the Featured arena is where you belong. The Basic arena which you were excited to play in has now been made exclusive for progressing players.. just go where you belong.. in the Featured. Which is what you are saying with that. I'm not a "whale" btw... but I've already spoken about this in a previous post enough.

I wanted to play the basic arena... without having my roster nerfed just so Kabam can remove the ability to grind 135 units "too easily". That's literally the only reason they are nerfing 6 star. I just think it's a drastic and uncalled just because they're worried about 135 units being too easy for end-gamers to farm. Who cares? As long as the total farmable amount is the same as it was... Why are we so concerned about some players getting their milestones faster because they have more 6? If they could get MORE total units, them yeah.. and agree that's a problem. But to nerf 6 star to the ground because of how quickly they can finish a certain set of milestones is a drastic and uncalled for measure IMO.

• Options

None of that has ever mattered outside of more Champs mean more Points, as far as the Arenas are concerned. You put up enough Points, you get the Rewards.

You're just running out of things to say at this point. What do you mean? The higher the rarity and rank of the champion, the higher the points they give. As a "player" of 5.5 years. I think you know this.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Pulyaman said:

So basically like now. 6* champs only for the top 2% and nothing really new for the rest. Great changes 😂
    No, lol... 6 star champs are for those who go and earn them by completing solo and alliance content. I have over 90 and none of them are from arena. Obviously.. as it's brand new. I started grinding 6 shards when the UC EQ was first introduced.. for example. And I've never missed a month since then. I've done All Variants including the dreaded V1. And the 100% the dreaded act 6 (pre nerf). Etc etc. I just recently crossed over the 90 threshold by doing the Gauntlet. It's gives like 4 full 6 star champs.... That's how I got them.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

No, lol... 6 star champs are for those who go and earn them by completing solo and alliance content. I have over 90 and none of them are from arena. Obviously.. as it's brand new. I started grinding 6 shards when the UC EQ was first introduced.. for example. And I've never missed a month since then. I've done All Variants including the dreaded V1. And the 100% the dreaded act 6 (pre nerf). Etc etc. I just recently crossed over the 90 threshold by doing the Gauntlet. It's gives like 4 full 6 star champs.... That's how I got them.
    You’re exactly where I am in game with content and same amount of 6*. 😂
  • Options

You're just running out of things to say at this point. What do you mean? The higher the rarity and rank of the champion, the higher the points they give. As a "player" of 5.5 years. I think you know this.
    I'm not running out of things to say at all. What content someone has beaten and all that bravado has nothing to do with the Arenas. It is, and has always been, a competition of who registers the most Points. If someone has enough Units at their disposal and time on their hands, they can compete with people twice their Roster size. Just because people have completed all content doesn't entitle them to a different Arena experience.
    dude everything in this game is based off what content people have completed. as people complete, rosters grow and expectations change. plus story titles exist uk and content is gated behind those including the two champion arenas behind uc. so people are getting different arena experiences based of the content they complete.

basically what you are is that when you guys are affected, it's okay to whine and scream about but then when others are affected they have to compromise.
  • Options
    Cop123 said:

I'm not running out of things to say at all. What content someone has beaten and all that bravado has nothing to do with the Arenas. It is, and has always been, a competition of who registers the most Points. If someone has enough Units at their disposal and time on their hands, they can compete with people twice their Roster size. Just because people have completed all content doesn't entitle them to a different Arena experience.
    dude everything in this game is based off what content people have completed. as people complete, rosters grow and expectations change. plus story titles exist uk and content is gated behind those including the two champion arenas behind uc. so people are getting different arena experiences based of the content they complete.

basically what you are is that when you guys are affected, it's okay to whine and scream about but then when others are affected they have to compromise.
    *sayin
  • Options
    Cop123 said:

Not at all. The Arenas have always been a place to compete with anyone, besides the Beginner and Intermediate Brackets. Just because they introduced Titles separating progress doesn't mean an entirely different game is necessary. There was a boat that was separated by Classes. It's currently at the bottom of the Atlantic.
    It's not "you guys against us". That ridiculous division is just preposterous. We are all Players. No one said either side doesn't matter. That was the whole point of these changes. To address the valid concerns from as many angles as possible. The reaction that if one side's concerns are heard, then the other is being ignored, is just childish. No one said the top doesn't matter. It's just that it's not the only voice that needs to be heard. Frankly, it's just plain poor sportsmanship to gripe because other people are being accommodated as well when they have everything they need to rock both Arenas.