**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Arena Structure Feedback v2.0

1171819202123»

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

ItsDamien said:

Zuko_ILC said:

ItsDamien said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

ItsDamien said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Top 100 is way too low. 140m cutoffs aren't healthy for the players. Should be 200 at minimum.

The 6* rewards in the Basic and Featured arena are competitions. It is up to the competitors to decide what is and is not reasonable effort.

Plus, 140 million today is on the order of 700 rounds. That's a lot, but people have been grinding on that level since forever. When Nightcrawler showed up in the 4* arenas five years ago there were maniacs putting up similar levels of effort to guarantee landing him. And right now it takes on the order of 25 million to get the 1-5% bracket for 1000 6* shards. That is equivalent to 10000 6* shards being worth about 250 million points of effort. Few people can do that, but those that can are getting better value for their time than I am grinding 25 million for the lower bracket rewards. So that's not an irrational choice.

That's why I also don't find it surprising that the basic cutoff for 1-5% has risen from 7 million to 10 million. It is simple arbitrage. If 1-5% is costing 25 million points of effort in the Featured, it should cost about 12 million points of effort in the Basic, because that's roughly the same amount of actual effort. The fact that it was lower meant there were players who were stubbornly playing in the Featured arena and falling just short of 5%, when identical levels of effort would have gotten higher rewards in the Basic arena. People are figuring that out over time, and that is causing the effort expended in both arenas to roughly equalize, at least for comparable rewards.

I assume that the approximately 100 players competing for the top 100 spots are adults who know what they are doing. That level of grind is hurting, at most, about one hundred players who are voluntarily taking on that task. Everyone else is doing far less effort.
    140m isn't 700 rounds. I have a huge roster and am in top 50 for total base hero rating and 150m was over 950 rounds. The player base has increased. There is no chance for a free to play player to even compete. How many 6* arenas have you won?

I was winning the 5* arenas with half the output. If there goal is to just let the mercs grind for half the spots then its a poor business decision.
    140m with only 6* R2/R3 averaging about 70k points per win, so 210k per round, is 666.666666 recurring rounds.

So 700 rounds doesn't seem unlikely but only if you're using 6* R2 and above.
    Yes that score is possible if you only run 6* r2 and up. So since there aren't enough 6*s and materials for it. It currently isn't possible to put up that score in 666 fights unless you are refreshing and spending money. The math is right but it's not possible.
    A free to play arena grinder has an additional option besides doing more rounds or spending cash. They could use the units they are generating from grinding arena to refresh champions in targeted arenas. This would also allow them to get more benefit from arena boosts, which ordinarily have a minimal impact on very long grinds unless you're refreshing the champs that have been boosted, which magnifies their benefit.
    Stop it. The whales do the same thing and use more units. Free to play can't compete at all.
    I'm sorry, but you seem to be having a conversation in your own head or with someone else. I can only respond to the part you end up typing. Is your thesis that 140 million is unhealthy, or is it that free to play players cannot compete in the Featured arena? I said you could do 140 million in 700 rounds of time, and you replied that no, because you do more rounds, which is a non-sequitor (as I made no claim about how many rounds you take, only how many it can take).

Then you said it was impossible for a free to play player to do that because refreshes cost money, to which I replied that actually, refreshes cost units, which is a currency hard core arena grinders, free to play or not, tend to have in large supply. Now you're saying whales can also refresh and they can use more units, which is true, but why is that relevant? Are you saying it is impossible for a free to play player to reach top 100 in the featured arena, or only that free to play players are at a disadvantage in the featured arena. Because if you're saying they are at a disadvantage, I agree, but people with disadvantages still win all the time. If you're saying it is impossible, I'm saying that's false.

I'm also saying none of this is relevant to the question of whether 140 million points is "unhealthy" or not. You said you did 150 million with 950 rounds. Was that "unhealthy?" If so, why did you do it?
    Personal attacks get you blocked and ignored. It's unhealthy for the game. It deters people from even trying and eventually they give up and lose interest. Look at the revenue numbers dropping since January. But you know it all even without doing it so I'll defer to your expertise on the subject as it is far superior.

I'd like the game to go on for as long as possible and these arena grinds are unhealthy for the longevity of the game.
    Are they unhealthy for the game? If the cutoff is 140m that means there's a driving engagement that people want to go for. That doesn't show a decline in activity, that shows an increase.

It's fine, you can believe the game is dying or whatever you want, but that doesn't make it true in the slightest. Saying revenue is down is exactly like saying that Global Warming was down in the same period from 2020, there was a massive reason why both of these things happened.
    How many 6* arenas have you gone for the champ? And what was your highest score?
    0 because I have no interest in doing so. I do however put up 30 mil in the featured so I can get 1k 6* shards every time and it doesn't require me to do any more than logging in when my champs refresh. Whatever your supposed argument is meant to be here is weak.

If you don't want to grind to get a 6* then don't do it. If you want a particular champ, then put in the time and units to get that champ. This is a you problem and your mentality on the effort you want to put in.
    Thank you for proving my point. You have no desire to even play arenas to win champions. You don't even grind for 5*s.

I've always been amazed by people with opinions on topics when they've never done it. Zero experience always wins the discussion.

And this is a Kabam issue. As a whale in this game it's in their best interest to listen to top competitive players who spend a lot of time and money. They asked for feedback. I'm providing my. The way they move forward will impact my spending decisions.

You are arguing with my experience and feedback while having none to compare with. Win a 6* champ in the arena and then give me your feedback.
    Because I'm not impatient and I can wait for the newest champs to come out. If I wanted to I could absolutely grind to get a champion in the arena, but I have no NEED to do that.

Your opinion on the matter is worth absolutely no more than what mine is for anything regarding the game, so step off your high horse.

If you want the newest things first, expect to put the time or money in. Other people are.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Zuko_ILC said:

ItsDamien said:

Zuko_ILC said:

ItsDamien said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

ItsDamien said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Top 100 is way too low. 140m cutoffs aren't healthy for the players. Should be 200 at minimum.

The 6* rewards in the Basic and Featured arena are competitions. It is up to the competitors to decide what is and is not reasonable effort.

Plus, 140 million today is on the order of 700 rounds. That's a lot, but people have been grinding on that level since forever. When Nightcrawler showed up in the 4* arenas five years ago there were maniacs putting up similar levels of effort to guarantee landing him. And right now it takes on the order of 25 million to get the 1-5% bracket for 1000 6* shards. That is equivalent to 10000 6* shards being worth about 250 million points of effort. Few people can do that, but those that can are getting better value for their time than I am grinding 25 million for the lower bracket rewards. So that's not an irrational choice.

That's why I also don't find it surprising that the basic cutoff for 1-5% has risen from 7 million to 10 million. It is simple arbitrage. If 1-5% is costing 25 million points of effort in the Featured, it should cost about 12 million points of effort in the Basic, because that's roughly the same amount of actual effort. The fact that it was lower meant there were players who were stubbornly playing in the Featured arena and falling just short of 5%, when identical levels of effort would have gotten higher rewards in the Basic arena. People are figuring that out over time, and that is causing the effort expended in both arenas to roughly equalize, at least for comparable rewards.

I assume that the approximately 100 players competing for the top 100 spots are adults who know what they are doing. That level of grind is hurting, at most, about one hundred players who are voluntarily taking on that task. Everyone else is doing far less effort.
    140m isn't 700 rounds. I have a huge roster and am in top 50 for total base hero rating and 150m was over 950 rounds. The player base has increased. There is no chance for a free to play player to even compete. How many 6* arenas have you won?

I was winning the 5* arenas with half the output. If there goal is to just let the mercs grind for half the spots then its a poor business decision.
    140m with only 6* R2/R3 averaging about 70k points per win, so 210k per round, is 666.666666 recurring rounds.

Yes that score is possible if you only run 6* r2 and up. So since there aren't enough 6*s and materials for it. It currently isn't possible to put up that score in 666 fights unless you are refreshing and spending money. The math is right but it's not possible.
    A free to play arena grinder has an additional option besides doing more rounds or spending cash. They could use the units they are generating from grinding arena to refresh champions in targeted arenas. This would also allow them to get more benefit from arena boosts, which ordinarily have a minimal impact on very long grinds unless you're refreshing the champs that have been boosted, which magnifies their benefit.
    Stop it. The whales do the same thing and use more units. Free to play can't compete at all.
    I'm sorry, but you seem to be having a conversation in your own head or with someone else. I can only respond to the part you end up typing. Is your thesis that 140 million is unhealthy, or is it that free to play players cannot compete in the Featured arena? I said you could do 140 million in 700 rounds of time, and you replied that no, because you do more rounds, which is a non-sequitor (as I made no claim about how many rounds you take, only how many it can take).

Then you said it was impossible for a free to play player to do that because refreshes cost money, to which I replied that actually, refreshes cost units, which is a currency hard core arena grinders, free to play or not, tend to have in large supply. Now you're saying whales can also refresh and they can use more units, which is true, but why is that relevant? Are you saying it is impossible for a free to play player to reach top 100 in the featured arena, or only that free to play players are at a disadvantage in the featured arena. Because if you're saying they are at a disadvantage, I agree, but people with disadvantages still win all the time. If you're saying it is impossible, I'm saying that's false.

I'm also saying none of this is relevant to the question of whether 140 million points is "unhealthy" or not. You said you did 150 million with 950 rounds. Was that "unhealthy?" If so, why did you do it?
    Personal attacks get you blocked and ignored. It's unhealthy for the game. It deters people from even trying and eventually they give up and lose interest. Look at the revenue numbers dropping since January. But you know it all even without doing it so I'll defer to your expertise on the subject as it is far superior.

I'd like the game to go on for as long as possible and these arena grinds are unhealthy for the longevity of the game.
    Are they unhealthy for the game? If the cutoff is 140m that means there's a driving engagement that people want to go for. That doesn't show a decline in activity, that shows an increase.

It's fine, you can believe the game is dying or whatever you want, but that doesn't make it true in the slightest. Saying revenue is down is exactly like saying that Global Warming was down in the same period from 2020, there was a massive reason why both of these things happened.
    How many 6* arenas have you gone for the champ? And what was your highest score?
    0 because I have no interest in doing so. I do however put up 30 mil in the featured so I can get 1k 6* shards every time and it doesn't require me to do any more than logging in when my champs refresh. Whatever your supposed argument is meant to be here is weak.

If you don't want to grind to get a 6* then don't do it. If you want a particular champ, then put in the time and units to get that champ. This is a you problem and your mentality on the effort you want to put in.
    Thank you for proving my point. You have no desire to even play arenas to win champions. You don't even grind for 5*s.

I've always been amazed by people with opinions on topics when they've never done it. Zero experience always wins the discussion.

And this is a Kabam issue. As a whale in this game it's in their best interest to listen to top competitive players who spend a lot of time and money. They asked for feedback. I'm providing my. The way they move forward will impact my spending decisions.

You are arguing with my experience and feedback while having none to compare with. Win a 6* champ in the arena and then give me your feedback.
    Because I'm not impatient and I can wait for the newest champs to come out. If I wanted to I could absolutely grind to get a champion in the arena, but I have no NEED to do that.

Your opinion on the matter is worth absolutely no more than what mine is for anything regarding the game, so step off your high horse.

If you want the newest things first, expect to put the time or money in. Other people are.
    You clearly stated you don't have any experience in my discussion so you have no valuable input. My comment doesn't pertain to you, you don't play competitively therefore you can't relate. Again you are comparing your experience which is limited to a highly competitive account. So your feedback is irrelevant to my discussion and feedback on the top 100 only getting the 6* champ.

Talk about the milestones but you don't have the credentials to discuss top 100.

And yes to stay at the top you do NEED the new champs so again you wouldn't understand.

You are the type of person that gives your mechanic and doctor pointers on how to do their job.

Best to leave it to the professionals.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

ItsDamien said:

Zuko_ILC said:

ItsDamien said:

Zuko_ILC said:

ItsDamien said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

ItsDamien said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

You clearly stated you don't have any experience in my discussion so you have no valuable input. My comment doesn't pertain to you, you don't play competitively therefore you can't relate. Again you are comparing your experience which is limited to a highly competitive account. So your feedback is irrelevant to my discussion and feedback on the top 100 only getting the 6* champ.

Talk about the milestones but you don't have the credentials to discuss top 100.

And yes to stay at the top you do NEED the new champs so again you wouldn't understand.

You are the type of person that gives your mechanic and doctor pointers on how to do their job.

There are no professionals in this game, stop sniffing your own flatulence and pretending it's rose scented.

If you don't want to stay at the top and compete then you're more than welcome to stop, but those who want to will absolutely continue putting up 140m or more. No one is stopping you from either continuing or quitting. The top spots in arena are dictated by those who have the drive to stay at the top, and I'd you don't like it, you can stop.

You have absolutely zero idea of what my "credentials" in this game are, so you can stop your arrogant self proclaiming holiness and preach to someone who gives a damn about your worth.

I'm done with you, you're not worth the waste of oxygen.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★

@theham said:

Reference said:

theham said:

rivet said:

I don’t quite understand people complaining needing more effort to get 1-5% in 6 star basic arena, the cutoff score is around 9M in 6 star basic, which means around 95 rounds if you use your r4 and r5 5 stars, in the previous system, the cutoff is around 24M, using 6 star, you may need 120 rounds or so, so the effort is less. Only loss is you get less units from milestones, but that is the unit distribution between the 3 arenas, which is a different point

I missed the top 5% even after hitting 9m+ in the basic.

And the effort isn't less since summoner trials used to take 60 rounds for 2.15m but now needs 120. I have a whale roster and doing more work for less rewards now. Very discouraging for players who grinded for years building their 6 star rosters.
    On one hand I agreed with you that you can't hit top 5% with 9mm+ score in basic arena now, cause many players also think they can and thus many stop at around 10mm, turn out making a cutoff up-shift.

Whilst I disagree about the summoner trials. Under old 4* arena, I normally need to fight 120 rounds in order reach ~2.2mm score for a 4* champs. Now you can have 4mm point with similar rounds, their scoring system adjusted. (note: I didn't break any streak)

You must have used 4* boosts. I ran only r5 4* unboosted and it takes 120 rounds.
    No. I used boosts and shorten the rounds to 80 only.
    If you divided 4.4mm by 96, you got 45k. It is the normal score with r5 4*. Just depends on how many you have. I almost collected the entire champ roaster in 4* btw.
    How many points can you obtain in the first 12 rounds (cumulative)?

What are the points impact using suicides?
    I don't use Suicides mastery and I don't how much more points per round.
    For the first 12 rounds, I can only get to ~330k, since it is Kang / Thanos from round 6 onwards using 4-Star max rank champs.

I have been using 3*s in the kang thanos fights.

One max 4*
    Max 3* using it 3x boost
    Max 3* using 3x boost
    ItsDamien said:

Zuko_ILC said:

ItsDamien said:

Zuko_ILC said:

ItsDamien said:

Zuko_ILC said:

ItsDamien said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

ItsDamien said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DNA3000 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

There are no professionals in this game, stop sniffing your own flatulence and pretending it's rose scented.

If you don't want to stay at the top and compete then you're more than welcome to stop, but those who want to will absolutely continue putting up 140m or more. No one is stopping you from either continuing or quitting. The top spots in arena are dictated by those who have the drive to stay at the top, and I'd you don't like it, you can stop.

You have absolutely zero idea of what my "credentials" in this game are, so you can stop your arrogant self proclaiming holiness and preach to someone who gives a damn about your worth.

I'm done with you, you're not worth the waste of oxygen.
    Says the guy arguing with someones feedback. It's not hard to look up your account so yes I know your credentials. I know where you place in aq/aw and arenas with your stats. You don't have the credentials or experience to discuss my topic, with my personal feedback that you can't relate to. You're just here trolling arguing against people's own experiences trying to get a rise out of people and acting all high and mighty because you're opinions are more important. They aren't especially with the lack of experience to discuss the topics.

Win a 6* arena then provide feedback. I'll wait......gonna be here a looooong time!
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    @Zuko_ILC @ItsDamien

Can you two please stop quoting your entire chain of arguments with each other each time you reply? It is extremely annoying having to scroll down through all of your previous posts over and over again on a phone every time you reply.
    Crine60 said:

@Zuko_ILC @ItsDamien

Can you two please stop quoting your entire chain of arguments with each other each time you reply? It is extremely annoying having to scroll down through all of your previous posts over and over again on a phone every time you reply.

Check your settings.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    Is it safe to assume that since they unpinned this thread they are no longer "interested" in our feedback?
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    I know this has not been the main priority given the recent bugs and other issues that have been in the game. Just wondering about how are people liking the new arena structure. It's been about 6 months now.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,806 ★★★★★

I know this has not been the main priority given the recent bugs and other issues that have been in the game. Just wondering about how are people liking the new arena structure. It's been about 6 months now.

I like it. If one of the both arena cycles each week would be the 16 mio arena, it would be a nice refresher, but all in all it’s fine to me