**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5* Classic Ultron (LOL)

Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
edited October 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
It’s been about 4-5 months since I last brought this up, so I will attempt to bring it up once more for consideration…

As a long standing player of this community (3 years original Beta in 2 weeks), I feel that 5* Classic Ultron from LOL, truly needs to be reworked! This champion is mediocre at best, taking into consideration how much most of us spent to beat LOL 100%, or how many items we’ve used in the task to do so. And, I also feel that those who also beat LOL 100%, kind of feel the same way.

Here are the cons:

It doesn’t seem or feel as if a lot of thought or love went into this characters creation, at all. His auto-evade is beyond broken. It’s too enhanced! He auto-evades many times mid-combo, which has the tendency to lead him to his death, while playing as him.

He is actually way too short in size, also. In the comics, Classic Ultron is much taller. In the game, Ultron Prime is taller than him. If anything, Classic Ultron should be equal size to Ultron Prime, if not taller. I remember when Ultron Prime was first released into the contest, he was the same size as Classic Ultron is now, then the Kabam team went back some months later to alter his size to make him taller, & gave him an actual more "metallic" look. Any thoughts of doing that again, but for Classic Ultron this time?

His poison stack while attacking & his heal block feature after conducting a special move, do not work in tandem. For example - I can have up to 3 stacks of poison on an enemy opponent, then activate a special, & all of a sudden his poison stack buffs are turned off, while heal block is applied. Don’t you guys at Kabam think the whole point in Classic Ultron’s heal block feature is to heal block an enemy opponent, while said enemy opponent has poison stacked against him? I mean, after all, that does make more sense. What are you heal blocking, if poison automatically turns off when heal block activates from doing a special move; air??? I personally feel that it should be replaced all together with the same bleed stack as Ultron Prime has, but then again, if this ability were to be altered in the same way as I just described above, it would make said feature a heck of a lot better.

Why doesn’t he have a self-repair (regen) buff, as his Ultron Prime counterpart does? I mean, it still is Ultron, right? Classic Ultron, in the comics & everywhere else, ALWAYS had self-repair! Why was it not incorporated into this version of Ultron, as well? Without self-repair, this version of Ultron is pretty useless. This buff should be part of his abilities, & made stronger than Ultron Prime’s self-repair buff, or of equal value, at the very least!

His prestige should be upped also. For a champion that is only available after fully completing the hardest content in the entire game, it is very lackluster. He should without a doubt, have the highest prestige of all 5 stars, considering where & how we have to attain him!

I think I covered everything from my end. If others who also have him, especially have him awakened & at R4 care to interject on what they feel is wrong with him & imply what they feel would make him better; then please do so!

I really hope that Kabam hears this plea & brings this back to the team for some heavy consideration, & decides to go back & make Classic Ultron a better champion…

Thank you

@Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_ @Kabam Commish

Comments

• Options
    @Sith_Lord You are 100% right about all of this. No regen, auto-evade, heal block without poison- all true.

As you said, for what it takes to get him, he should be much better than his current state.
  • Options
    Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    If he regened like the other ultron he be a decent champ.
  • Options
    BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    They released info about his abilities when LOL was announced, along with all the other prizes for completing and exploring it. Don’t see why they need to change anything. Everyone knew/knows what prizes they will get for completing the quest. If you don’t like the rewards, don’t do the quest.
  • Options
    RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    Mentioned this is another thread about titles for LoL. He's certainly not worthy champ for 100% LoL. Who would want to rank up an unworthy champ just to have him show up in your profile as evidence of your achievement.
  • Options
    Born wrote: »
    They released info about his abilities when LOL was announced, along with all the other prizes for completing and exploring it. Don’t see why they need to change anything. Everyone knew/knows what prizes they will get for completing the quest. If you don’t like the rewards, don’t do the quest.

Thank you for your insight, buddy. You sound like you speak from experience... :D
  • Options
    Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    I've got 2 opinions. For the motion and against it.

He shouldn't be buffed because

1. They already told you about his abilities when they released LOL, so before going to achieve him you are aware of his abilities
    2. Even players got thanos and kang (first 300) who are also poor in abilities and can't be used anywhere in quests but if they buff ultron then players would ask for them too.

He should be buffed because

1. Ultron's basic characteristics is his regen, even in movies he regenerate over and over, so i guess a one time regen should be added because he's a robot too

2. Lots of money has been spent to get ultron prime hence a small buff is not that unfair.
  • Options
    RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    Unlike yourself, I don’t expect Kabam to change a champ just cause you and a few others think he is useless, or maybe you awakened him, took him to 4/55 and now regret it as the Uktron prime is now a 5*.

I don't disagree with that sentiment, but since he is really the only recognition for having done the hardest content in the game, I think a reasonable trade-off is to introduce titles for the achievement.

Since they track progress of the event they could quite easily do this retrospectively as well. I don't see how anyone loses out here. Just whether or not they want to put any time into adding this. It's not like there isn't a precedent i.e. Avenger on call, SHIELD Agent titles.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Sith_Lord wrote: »

Thank you for your insight, buddy. You sound like you speak from experience... :D

Sure am. Fully explored it a while ago now. Didn’t rank ultron though, knew he was **** before I explored it. Didn’t do it for him, did it for the other prizes.

Unlike yourself, I don’t expect Kabam to change a champ just cause you and a few others think he is useless, or maybe you awakened him, took him to 4/55 and now regret it as the Uktron prime is now a 5*.

The force was not working then, for me to foretell the future. If it was, I would definitely not have awakened him & brought him up to R4. Very mediocre champ, but I didn't solely do it for him either, like you. You played it smart, dude. But, they should buff him up, & make him better, considering what it takes to get him. I know many feel this way also, but I guess it is what it is, brother.
  • Options
    TempestTempest Posts: 295
    I didn't actually rank or awaken him, but he looks sad sitting at rank 1 in the roster. It seems like such a waste. A little buff to make him comparable to the other ultron would not be unfair and actually make him viable rather than just a few arena points next to colossus and KK.
  • Options
    MisterNiceGuyMisterNiceGuy Posts: 184
    I get where you are coming from OP. Kabam seems pretty smart with selling minimal rewards for maximum effort. The rewards for most end game content look really sparkly and attractive but in reality...well not really worth the effort.
  • Options
    Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    -i agree on his evade -- must be nerfed
    -i agree on his prestige must be n1 in the game

-being taller than prime isn't good don't agree on that as the two of them were taking from the film (Avengers Age of Ultrons ) his just another extension of ultron not ultron and if so that will make ultron look stupid that's why they reworked ultron prime to be taller

-disagree on regen as he already have lots of things to go with (heal block..poison..fury.. reducing abilities a crazy armor and tanky.. .stun..) unless they remove these and that will make him the same as ultron prime not good again ** another cap and miss marvel **

-finally imo ultron classic was meant to be a defender that's why they made him like that
  • Options
    SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    I agree, definitely regret ranking him up considering they brought out the other Ultron about a month later after I 100%ed LOL, he’s the same exact thing as the other Ultron but doesnt have all the awesome abilities as the other Ultron. IMO he should blow the other Ultron out the water because of what it takes to get Classic Ultron
  • Options
    Live_Kree_or_DieLive_Kree_or_Die Posts: 7
    edited December 2017
    Player1994 wrote: »

-disagree on regen as he already have lots of things to go with (heal block..poison..fury.. reducing abilities a crazy armor and tanky.. .stun..) unless they remove these and that will make him the same as ultron prime not good again ** another cap and miss marvel **

So his regen could be different? Maybe only trigger 2.5% heal after using a special or a flat 20% over 60 seconds from the start of the fight.