**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

About the cav EQ nexus t5cc...

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
It is tough for me to decide whether it is enough to pick 1/3 rather than (hypothetically) a 1/6 selector. In other words, shouldn't there be a 10% any class selector for Cav EQ exploration? Here are pro/contra arguments:

Pro: Exploring Cav EQ is quite a lot of effort. Takes a lot of time and energy. The difficulty has definitely increased. It isn't very hard (with couple exceptions) but it is harder than it used to be.

Contra: Is it hard enough to award a full selector? Not sure since 100% Variants give 25% random.

Pro/Contra: T5cc more accessable? Here is the tough nut to crack: in order to become TB, one needs to do 6.4 and r3 a 6*. Act 6 completion allows a selection of 25% t5cc, which means players have to somehow obtain 75% more of that one class. Now, if cav eq gave the generic 1/6 selector, it would take 8 months to form a t5cc this way, which isn't that bad (with 1/3 and perfect rng, it'd be 16 months)

On the other hand, random pieces of t5cc pretty much drop from the sky these days and there is a random 10% t5cc in every side quest. Still, in order to form a t5cc based only on 6.4+monthly events, it'd take about 6 months to get the catalyst. However, if players got guaranteed selection, it could potentially break the game (new TB would emerge like locust swarms)

So yea, I am not sure whether to ask for more choice in this, or if it is better the way it is now. And that's why I post here, to ask what's YOUR opinion on this? Hopefully your insight will open me another pov.

P.S.: I do not mind waiting for TB, I do not complain and I do not hope to achieve any kind of change in the game. I have just been thinking about this while playing the game and it bugs me a lot lol.

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,144 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

It is tough for me to decide whether it is enough to pick 1/3 rather than (hypothetically) a 1/6 selector. In other words, shouldn't there be a 10% any class selector for Cav EQ exploration? Here are pro/contra arguments:

Pro: Exploring Cav EQ is quite a lot of effort. Takes a lot of time and energy. The difficulty has definitely increased. It isn't very hard (with couple exceptions) but it is harder than it used to be.

Contra: Is it hard enough to award a full selector? Not sure since 100% Variants give 25% random.

Pro/Contra: T5cc more accessable? Here is the tough nut to crack: in order to become TB, one needs to do 6.4 and r3 a 6*. Act 6 completion allows a selection of 25% t5cc, which means players have to somehow obtain 75% more of that one class. Now, if cav eq gave the generic 1/6 selector, it would take 8 months to form a t5cc this way, which isn't that bad (with 1/3 and perfect rng, it'd be 16 months)

On the other hand, random pieces of t5cc pretty much drop from the sky these days and there is a random 10% t5cc in every side quest. Still, in order to form a t5cc based only on 6.4+monthly events, it'd take about 6 months to get the catalyst. However, if players got guaranteed selection, it could potentially break the game (new TB would emerge like locust swarms)

So yea, I am not sure whether to ask for more choice in this, or if it is better the way it is now. And that's why I post here, to ask what's YOUR opinion on this? Hopefully your insight will open me another pov.

P.S.: I do not mind waiting for TB, I do not complain and I do not hope to achieve any kind of change in the game. I have just been thinking about this while playing the game and it bugs me a lot lol.

I’m rather safe my nexus tier5 cc when need because if it a sellcter u hav to open it right away
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,981 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

This is subjective due to the extremely wide player base that have access to this content. Those of use with lots of R2/3 6*'s aren't having a hard time at all and aren't using any resources.

New Cav players who are blazing through content and don't have developed rosters struggle with it. They think it's too hard but they're just not prepared.

Mid range Cavs are in the middle but probably still find it sort of hard.

New TBs are probably the same as mid to high range Cavs.

I don't think it's getting harder. I just think this months globals failed in terms of how they're supposed to help the attacker. But I've never understood why they want to make something difficult but give us all this help. I don't think Cav difficulty needs a full 10% selector.