**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

Oversight by the Devs in cav EQ!

Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

This is the tech quest in cav EQ. In every cav EQ since inception, the class opposing the one benefiting from the global buffs is always not present throughout that quest. This phoenix over there essentially isn't supposed to be here according to such format. Really hoping something like this doesn't repeat itself in future cav EQ, otherwise some placements are going to be absolutely ridiculous!

Comments

• Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    I've never noticed that the other class is not present. Even if that's always been the case, so far, why is it required? Is that mentioned in the dev notes or a sticky somewhere?

The TOS allows Kabam to change the game as they see fit and they're record shows they are hardly consistent. Like in RoL, they didn't change Juggs or Blackbolt, but did change Black Panther. Yeah, that makes sense.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

I was surprised to see her too, luckily it was just a Phoenix and not like Terrax or something obnoxious for these nodes.

Yeah exactly, probably not gonna be too long before the likes of terrax start appearing here.

Imagine someone like iabom in mystic quest, lol
  • Options
    Chikel said:

Kill_Grey said:

Wicket329 said:

I was surprised to see her too, luckily it was just a Phoenix and not like Terrax or something obnoxious for these nodes.

Yeah exactly, probably not gonna be too long before the likes of terrax start appearing here.

Or Torch
    Honestly, torch is doable with at least 2 or 3 mystics like incinerate immune purgatory, Ghost rider and Claire (gotta be lucky here); whereas iabom is a hard counter to literally every single mystic (I guess one could use Claire in poison curse, but fight gon' be long as hell).
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Haji_Saab said:

Kill_Grey said:

Chikel said:

Kill_Grey said:

Wicket329 said:

Or Torch
    Honestly, torch is doable with at least 2 or 3 mystics like incinerate immune purgatory, Ghost rider and Claire (gotta be lucky here); whereas iabom is a hard counter to literally every single mystic (I guess one could use Claire in poison curse, but fight gon' be long as hell).
    Mystics that can do ibom: Dormammu, Dragonman, Ebony Maw, Mephisto and Claire
    Oh yeah, I forgot about those :D

Regardless, opposing class placements shouldn't be present in cav difficulty.
    But why though? We often see the argument for the heal block in the skill chapter for suicide users to "just use a double immune". So why shouldn't people use a different class in this circumstance for one fight on a path?
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,169 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

Haji_Saab said:

Kill_Grey said:

Chikel said:

Kill_Grey said:

Wicket329 said:

Or Torch

But why though? We often see the argument for the heal block in the skill chapter for suicide users to "just use a double immune". So why shouldn't people use a different class in this circumstance for one fight on a path?
    It defeats the purpose of the format in the first place. Sure we could use a different class type, but then what's the point of a class-based boost system on the first place, if the opposing classes are also present in the quest? A lot of champs have abilities that are countered/neutered by fighting the opposing class.
    But your not only bringing in tech champs, right? For the quests I bring 1 or 2 characters for the path and 3 boss counters or general questers.
  • Options
    Haji_Saab said:

Kill_Grey said:

Haji_Saab said:

Kill_Grey said:

Chikel said:

Kill_Grey said:

Wicket329 said:

Or Torch

Phoenix is a pretty vanilla champ that gets nothing going for her against tech class.... I would rather see her than Magneto in the tech quest :D
    It's only a matter of time before he appears tho.
  • Options
    DawsMan said:

Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

Haji_Saab said:

Kill_Grey said:

Chikel said:

Kill_Grey said:

Wicket329 said:

Or Torch

It defeats the purpose of the format in the first place. Sure we could use a different class type, but then what's the point of a class-based boost system on the first place, if the opposing classes are also present in the quest? A lot of champs have abilities that are countered/neutered by fighting the opposing class.
    But your not only bringing in tech champs, right? For the quests I bring 1 or 2 characters for the path and 3 boss counters or general questers.
    Well, I have at least 5 5/65 champs in each class, so I can build a singular team of the benefited class around each cav EQ quest. Sometimes the bosses can be countered by a champ from one of those classes, so it's pretty safe. I'm probably a case of a small minority of players tho, so it's understandable that some people with smaller rosters than mine might be fine with such an occurrence as this misplacement, since they would most likely bring in alternative classes to augment their teams.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,062 ★★★★
    DawsMan said:

Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

Haji_Saab said:

Kill_Grey said:

Chikel said:

Kill_Grey said:

Wicket329 said:

Or Torch

Imagine DDHK in the science quest with Diss track and other node combos. You pretty much need Apoc or AA.
  • Options
    Chikel said:

DawsMan said:

Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

Haji_Saab said:

Kill_Grey said:

Chikel said:

Kill_Grey said:

Wicket329 said:

Or Torch

Imagine DDHK in the science quest with Diss track and other node combos. You pretty much need Apoc or AA.
    That's not true in the slightest, there are plenty of other champions who inflict multiple debuffs that aren't in the science category. NF for example. Sunspot. Warlock if you parry heavy.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Chikel said:

DawsMan said:

Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

Haji_Saab said:

Kill_Grey said:

Chikel said:

Kill_Grey said:

Wicket329 said:

Or Torch

That's not true in the slightest, there are plenty of other champions who inflict multiple debuffs that aren't in the science category. NF for example. Sunspot. Warlock if you parry heavy.
    Against Netflix DD? Sure man, would love to see your attempt.
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Chikel said:

DawsMan said:

Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

Haji_Saab said:

Kill_Grey said:

Chikel said:

Kill_Grey said:

Wicket329 said:

Or Torch

Against Netflix DD? Sure man, would love to see your attempt.
    Well considering he only shrugs non damaging debuffs I don't see what the problem is. You can absolutely parry him and attack before it shrugs.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,062 ★★★★
    edited June 2021
    ItsDamien said:

Chikel said:

DawsMan said:

Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

Haji_Saab said:

Kill_Grey said:

Chikel said:

Kill_Grey said:

Wicket329 said:

Or Torch

Remember the node that inflicts weakness on you if the defender doesn't have a non-damaging debuff on them? Sure it's doable but it's a long completely unnecessary fight.
  • Options
    Chikel said:

ItsDamien said:

Chikel said:

DawsMan said:

Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

Haji_Saab said:

Kill_Grey said:

Chikel said:

Kill_Grey said:

Wicket329 said:

Or Torch

Remember the node that inflicts weakness on you if the defender doesn't have a non-damaging debuff on them? Sure it's doable but it's a long ass completely unnecessary fight.
    Sure, but it's a 30% weakness compared to the original 50%, and even the Diss track node was changed so you don't even need 3 debuffs to deal damage.

Grey was making it out like the only 2 options against a DDHK on the science nodes would be Apoc and AA, which is just plainly false.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Chikel said:

ItsDamien said:

Chikel said:

DawsMan said:

Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

Haji_Saab said:

Kill_Grey said:

Chikel said:

Kill_Grey said:

Wicket329 said:

Or Torch

Remember the node that inflicts weakness on you if the defender doesn't have a non-damaging debuff on them? Sure it's doable but it's a long ass completely unnecessary fight.
    Sure, but it's a 30% weakness compared to the original 50%, and even the Diss track node was changed so you don't even need 3 debuffs to deal damage.

Grey was making it out like the only 2 options against a DDHK on the science nodes would be Apoc and AA, which is just plainly false.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that diss track nerf. Regardless, those options aren't even gonna work at all if it's the science node that inflicts poison. Warlock could (probably), but it would be a heck of a long fight. Plus not everyone has him.
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Chikel said:

ItsDamien said:

Chikel said:

DawsMan said:

Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

Haji_Saab said:

Kill_Grey said:

Chikel said:

Kill_Grey said:

Wicket329 said:

Or Torch

Oh yeah, I forgot about that diss track nerf. Regardless, those options aren't even gonna work at all if it's the science node that inflicts poison. Warlock could (probably), but it would be a heck of a long fight. Plus not everyone has him.
    Sure but then there are other options that can still do that fight, and even in your own example neither AA nor Apoc are poison immune, so the whole argument in a moot point.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Chikel said:

ItsDamien said:

Chikel said:

DawsMan said:

Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

Haji_Saab said:

Kill_Grey said:

Chikel said:

Kill_Grey said:

Wicket329 said:

Or Torch

Sure but then there are other options that can still do that fight, and even in your own example neither AA nor Apoc are poison immune, so the whole argument in a moot point.
    Pretty sure I wasn't the one who mentioned those tho.
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Chikel said:

ItsDamien said:

Chikel said:

DawsMan said:

Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

Haji_Saab said:

Kill_Grey said:

Chikel said:

Kill_Grey said:

Wicket329 said:

Or Torch

Yeah that's my bad. Point stands though, DDHK wouldn't be an issue on the science quest.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Chikel said:

ItsDamien said:

Chikel said:

DawsMan said:

Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

Haji_Saab said:

Kill_Grey said:

Chikel said:

Kill_Grey said:

Wicket329 said:

Or Torch

Yeah that's my bad. Point stands though, DDHK wouldn't be an issue on the science quest.
    But agent venom would be very fun...
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Chikel said:

ItsDamien said:

Chikel said:

DawsMan said:

Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

Haji_Saab said:

Kill_Grey said:

Chikel said:

Kill_Grey said:

Wicket329 said:

Or Torch

But agent venom would be very fun...
    Sure, but not impossible either.