**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

About Things Protection

7h3wh173r488177h3wh173r48817 Posts: 20
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
I was testing champs against SoP rogue and thing occured to me as a possible counter because of his protection whenever an attack would deal 300% of their attack. However it fails to trigger not just on parries but on all blocks, which doesn't make sense since invade grants 300% attack and 100% block penetration.
Anyone have any idea why this is?

Comments

• 7h3wh173r488177h3wh173r48817 Posts: 20
    DawsMan said:

I was testing champs against SoP rogue and thing occured to me as a possible counter because of his protection whenever an attack would deal 300% of their attack. However it fails to trigger not just on parries but on all blocks, which doesn't make sense since invade grants 300% attack and 100% block penetration.

Thing's protection triggers when the opponents attack exceeds 300% of their attack. This includes modified attack I believe. Additionally, at max sig he reduces it by 80% and must have 20 rock stacks to fully negate damage. When rogue hits into your block, her attack gets +300% attack, so she is exceeding her base attack, but not her modified attack so his protection isn't triggering.
    I'm assuming by modified attack you mean the +900% attack and health node.
    If I understand correctly then you're saying that the 300% attack only applies to her base attack and not the modified attack. How would the damage dealt be calculated in this case, since she still has 900% attack, and is definitely dealing damage greater than 300% of her base attack.

Also why does things protection trigger in higher zone incursions if his ability does include modified damage(I think it does but I'm not really sure).
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★

DawsMan said:

Thing's protection triggers when the opponents attack exceeds 300% of their attack. This includes modified attack I believe. Additionally, at max sig he reduces it by 80% and must have 20 rock stacks to fully negate damage. When rogue hits into your block, her attack gets +300% attack, so she is exceeding her base attack, but not her modified attack so his protection isn't triggering.

Also why does things protection trigger in higher zone incursions if his ability does include modified damage(I think it does but I'm not really sure).
    Because that is base attack, not modified.
    Opponents there just have tons of base attack
  • 7h3wh173r488177h3wh173r48817 Posts: 20

DawsMan said:

Because that is base attack, not modified.
    Opponents there just have tons of base attack
    @Eb0ny-O-M4w Then they wouldn't be dealing 300% of their attack as damage since their base attack is just that high right? I still don't see how that would trigger protection.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★

DawsMan said:

I'm assuming by modified attack you mean the +900% attack and health node.
    If I understand correctly then you're saying that the 300% attack only applies to her base attack and not the modified attack. How would the damage dealt be calculated in this case, since she still has 900% attack, and is definitely dealing damage greater than 300% of her base attack.

No I meant the invade node that is increasing block pen by 100% AND attack by 300%
  • TeraTera Posts: 14
    I have tried thing in Grandmaster quest, I was hoping that could trigger thing’s protection. But, it didn’t. Please see it in my discussion. I think this could be a bug for thing. Maybe we can report this to Kabam. Or its description isn’t clear
  • Kabam LotoKabam Loto Posts: 1,997
    edited June 2021
    Hello @Tera. Thank you for a call-out on this problem. Please do so! You may want to use this link to file a ticket.