Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Why lock summoner showdown to Thronebreakers?

ChikelChikel Posts: 2,060 ★★★★
So the actual summoner showdown (Gold difficulty) is locked to Thronebreakers which makes no sense since getting a 6* r3 is rng based and has nothing to do with skill. I thought the fight is supposed to be skill-based or is Kabam saying that people who have complete most if not all content in the game but don't have the luck to form a t5cc of a class they have aren't "skilled" enough for showdown?
This looks like a cheap move to me. A way of having more Thronebreaker content without you know, actually creating Thronebreaker content.
Cavs are quite capable of doing showdown like they have the last 2 years and this needs to be changed.

Comments

• Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Are you cavalier? @Chikel show us your 6*s and t5cc stash, also Tb players are generally better then cavalier players, as it shows the amount of content they have done.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,916 ★★★★★
    I totally get where he’s coming from, some people just have the worst luck in this game when it comes to 6 stars. For example my last like several openings have been disappointing, I wouldn’t r3 any of those lol.
  • Options
    And if you’re wondering if I’m TB I might or might not be.
  • Options
    DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 785 ★★★★
    I’m confused, we have Summoner Showdown? Where?
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

I’m confused, we have Summoner Showdown? Where?

https://playcontestofchampions.com/how-to-enter-summoner-showdown/
  • Options
    DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Unless you mean Summer of Pain...
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

I totally get where he’s coming from, some people just have the worst luck in this game when it comes to 6 stars. For example my last like several openings have been disappointing, I wouldn’t r3 any of those lol.

Then its a good thing only 1 r3 is needed for TB. In that case he should pick the best 6* in his roster and get the matching t5cc out of the bunch of selectors already available.
    Bad rng was an excuse when we had little to no control over what t5cc could be acquired.
    Now we've got enough selectors to pretty much bypass the entire thing.
  • Options

Then its a good thing only 1 r3 is needed for TB. In that case he should pick the best 6* in his roster and get the matching t5cc out of the bunch of selectors already available.
    Bad rng was an excuse when we had little to no control over what t5cc could be acquired.
    Nah if I only have a Dpx, groot, Im, sim, ip and other horrible champs like that I will not use my t5cc. I will hold on.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Nah if I only have a Dpx, groot, Im, sim, ip and other horrible champs like that I will not use my t5cc. I will hold on.
    Then that's your fault
  • Options

If you have only dpx, Groot, Im, SIM, IP then you've not opened enough 6* crystals to even be bothered with tb or are an extreme anomaly.
    Maybe he has 20-30 champs that are as useless as those champs. Idk what his roster is like.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,087 ★★★★★
    Yeah. What they said.
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

If you have only dpx, Groot, Im, SIM, IP then you've not opened enough 6* crystals to even be bothered with tb or are an extreme anomaly.
    Maybe he has 20-30 champs that are as useless as those champs. Idk what his roster is like.
    If he's got a roster of 20-30 champs and can't point out a SINGLE r3 worthy champs it's 1 of 2 things.
    His luck is so exceedingly bad that it can't be compared to the norm
    Or the more likely case of being picky with what he think is r3 worthy

• Options

If he's got a roster of 20-30 champs and can't point out a SINGLE r3 worthy champs it's 1 of 2 things.
    His luck is so exceedingly bad that it can't be compared to the norm
    Or the more likely case of being picky with what he think is r3 worthy

On this forum so many people act like there luck is so horrible lol. I’ve they ain’t pulling a top 10 champion in this game they act like there luck is trash lol.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,242 ★★★★★
    Come to my country and you'll get another reason to rant lol