**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Grandmaster Act 6

ubergamer11ubergamer11 Posts: 41
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Used around 1000 units and tons of potions, couldnt get him below 95%. I used 5* maxed Ageon, Hit Monkey and Colossus. Any suggestions.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    Do you understand the mechanics of the fight? Watch some videos on YT. Brian Grant has a good one. You have to do specific things in three diff phases. Can’t brute force it.
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Yea, i think have a look at some videos on YouTube.
  • ubergamer11ubergamer11 Posts: 41

this is a classic case of not ready .. its great to fly through content an oregress super fast .. getting to the end of act 6 shows you have decent enough skills .. but what i took away from your post is ypur lacking knowledge not just on the fight itself which you deffinately need . . thr knowledge of when its time to stop take a break an ease up on throwing units at a fight when it isnt working . once you burnt threw your stash is when if not earlier that you have a problem in that fight .. great lesson costly but great you now know unitman cant win every fight . . chin up op grind on

Calm down bro, its just game. But thanks. I will choose carefully content i play and enjoy. If i have gather knowledge and chin ups 😂😂 than that wouldnt be enjoyment at least for me. I am not frustrated or angry and i a query. So again calm down bro, its just a game.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★

this is a classic case of not ready .. its great to fly through content an oregress super fast .. getting to the end of act 6 shows you have decent enough skills .. but what i took away from your post is ypur lacking knowledge not just on the fight itself which you deffinately need . . thr knowledge of when its time to stop take a break an ease up on throwing units at a fight when it isnt working . once you burnt threw your stash is when if not earlier that you have a problem in that fight .. great lesson costly but great you now know unitman cant win every fight . . chin up op grind on

Calm down bro, its just game. But thanks. I will choose carefully content i play and enjoy. If i have gather knowledge and chin ups 😂😂 than that wouldnt be enjoyment at least for me. I am not frustrated or angry and i a query. So again calm down bro, its just a game.
    He is calm. There are just many people who struggle unnecessarily on this fight. If you can't get him below 95% I'm assuming that you are parrying when he bans parry, throwing light attacks when he bans light attacks, and the likes.

Or you just can't stay alive against him. In which case idk how you got through act 6. In terms of suggestions, youtube is the way to go. Become familiar with each phase. Know what is going to happen, and then have a goal to reach for.

In the first 5%, he is fairly aggressive. Use this to your advantage, intercept constantly, go in, do a combo, back out, light intercept. Light intercept is just so that he doesn't intercept you while you dash in against him BE careful though, he is going to ban light attacks then you must switch to mediums. You will be able to build up a ton of good (green) tokens that will boost your damage in his wounded phase.

If you end up doing light attacks, he will ban them. To prepare for this, tap deliberately each time you want to throw a light attack. I tend to just spam light attack when doing a 5 hit combo, although I tap deliberately (SoP Mr Sinister) when necessary. Once you have built up some tokens, get your tactics banned. Dex, light attacks, and parry.

He has a few more phases where you must complete prompts. Never be afraid to pause the fight at a safe spot and check the prompts for what you need to do. Same with the special one. In later phases the special one is thrown much quicker and you have less time to see the actions you need to perform.

I don't have more advice for the phases or anything, that's where youtube comes in. I hope you can get him down.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    I used a lot of units on that fight so I wouldn't be discouraged by that in and of itself, but using 1k units in the very first phase seems really excessive. Do you know the rules that you have to follow to damage him properly? It seems like you haven't even gotten him to his first Wounded stage, which is odd considering both the units you've spent and the time we can assume you've spent fighting him.

It is a hard boss, no question. In fact, it's the hardest boss I've ever fought anywhere in the game. I've never spent so many units in a single fight and it became painfully obvious that I went into it too unprepared. I just wanted to push my way into TB.

However, I still managed to chip him down revive after revive. That's, I think, why people are a little confused. It's a lot of units to spend on the (by far) easiest phase of the fight.

But yeah, there are a lot of good youtube videos that detail every phase. I watched a bunch and they really helped me understand the rules of the fight. While I still had to spend a ton of units and it took a week to get him down, I eventually did get him down despite not considering myself a top-tier player by any means.

I don't know if it's worth it to keep fighting him right now - you haven't dented him, so you're not wasting any progress by backing out now - but I wish you all the luck in the future. Beating him without spending a cent of real-world money is one of my proudest achievements in the game.
    Ercarret said:

I used a lot of units on that fight so I wouldn't be discouraged by that in and of itself, but using 1k units in the very first phase seems really excessive. Do you know the rules that you have to follow to damage him properly? It seems like you haven't even gotten him to his first Wounded stage, which is odd considering both the units you've spent and the time we can assume you've spent fighting him.

It is a hard boss, no question. In fact, it's the hardest boss I've ever fought anywhere in the game. I've never spent so many units in a single fight and it became painfully obvious that I went into it too unprepared. I just wanted to push my way into TB.

However, I still managed to chip him down revive after revive. That's, I think, why people are a little confused. It's a lot of units to spend on the (by far) easiest phase of the fight.

But yeah, there are a lot of good youtube videos that detail every phase. I watched a bunch and they really helped me understand the rules of the fight. While I still had to spend a ton of units and it took a week to get him down, I eventually did get him down despite not considering myself a top-tier player by any means.

I don't know if it's worth it to keep fighting him right now - you haven't dented him, so you're not wasting any progress by backing out now - but I wish you all the luck in the future. Beating him without spending a cent of real-world money is one of my proudest achievements in the game.

Thanks for the insight.
    DawsMan said:

He is calm. There are just many people who struggle unnecessarily on this fight. If you can't get him below 95% I'm assuming that you are parrying when he bans parry, throwing light attacks when he bans light attacks, and the likes.

Or you just can't stay alive against him. In which case idk how you got through act 6. In terms of suggestions, youtube is the way to go. Become familiar with each phase. Know what is going to happen, and then have a goal to reach for.

In the first 5%, he is fairly aggressive. Use this to your advantage, intercept constantly, go in, do a combo, back out, light intercept. Light intercept is just so that he doesn't intercept you while you dash in against him BE careful though, he is going to ban light attacks then you must switch to mediums. You will be able to build up a ton of good (green) tokens that will boost your damage in his wounded phase.

If you end up doing light attacks, he will ban them. To prepare for this, tap deliberately each time you want to throw a light attack. I tend to just spam light attack when doing a 5 hit combo, although I tap deliberately (SoP Mr Sinister) when necessary. Once you have built up some tokens, get your tactics banned. Dex, light attacks, and parry.

He has a few more phases where you must complete prompts. Never be afraid to pause the fight at a safe spot and check the prompts for what you need to do. Same with the special one. In later phases the special one is thrown much quicker and you have less time to see the actions you need to perform.

I don't have more advice for the phases or anything, that's where youtube comes in. I hope you can get him down.
    Thank you for the advice
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    1k for 5% ? That's rough. Do you understand what you have to do? Read his description, watch videos explaining him(Seatin's video is pretty clear) and do his missions. Trying to force through with Aegon will not only be expensive but also painful
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Youtube is the way to go ...

In old times (90s), I had to read the guides in word on gamefaqs and try to interpret it from there :D That was fun!

Ah good old GameFAQs. I think some of my old guides are there, as well as contributions to others works too. It's been a long time since I last visited it. What a nostalgic memory, thank you.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Used around 1000 units and tons of potions, couldnt get him below 95%. I used 5* maxed Ageon, Hit Monkey and Colossus. Any suggestions.

1. Understand what 4 phases are. Watch youtubers’ explanation. Jot down notes (I did so);
    2. Understand GM’s behaviour in each phase (e.g. what are those bans in Phase I);
    3. Understand what competence and blunder are;
    4. Understand what wounded / infuriated are;
    5. Understand what’s the 5 different challenges in Phase 2/3 are;
    6. Team building after you understand point 1-5, and nodes in each path of 6.4.6;
    7. Practice fights. No problem to spent units if you really know why you get killed each time, otherwise just restart entire path.