**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

When you broke parry...

What were you trying to do? Why is maintaining consistancy so hard? Were you trying to make fighting harder and just went overboard?

I am really curious what user story was presented in the dev cycle or scrum meeting that was so compelling that it made you sacrifice playability.

Comments

• LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    This was just brought up recently in another thread, and actually a lot of users are reporting that parry has gotten better and easier to pull off. I have also noticed this too. If you are still having issues with it, maybe you are having some device related issue or (not trying to say anything here) maybe skill related? :/
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    Im really poo at this game, like really really poo

But even I can get parry now, a lot as well

Seems much better to me
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,500 ★★★★★
    I think it is better than it was - and I'm not seeing it across the board as I was before. But yesterday in AQ (only for one fight) I was unable to land a single parry. It was like fighting stun immune (which is fine, if labeled as such).
  • Redwulf67Redwulf67 Posts: 55
    If it worked consistently either way I'd be fine. If parry didn't work all the time or worked all the time. But its not, its intermitten. The game either lags or changes the timing periodically and it throws it off.
  • TrackerX55TrackerX55 Posts: 45
    Parry is working much better, but it's working much better for both sides. I'm finding the AI is parrying specials much much more frequently regardless of where in the combo it's initiated. The AI is also able to break a special with a Heavy more often now as well. .
  • @Lightvayne - while it is possible I had a mild stroke and am unaware of it. But I play 5x5 high tier and use no resources. So barring an unknown medical issue, or my iPhone 7 suddleny being sub-par, etc. something has changed.
  • @Redwulf67 agreed. Consistency is all I want. Whatever it is, making it consistent.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Parry isnt broken....and imo it never really was. Havent had problems with parry in a long time. Work on your timing.
  • HatshipuhHatshipuh Posts: 146
    Lightvayne wrote: »
    This was just brought up recently in another thread, and actually a lot of users are reporting that parry has gotten better and easier to pull off. I have also noticed this too. If you are still having issues with it, maybe you are having some device related issue or (not trying to say anything here) maybe skill related? :/

There are videos around showcasing that parry is just not triggering in many cases, so no, it's not skill related.
  • Redwulf67Redwulf67 Posts: 55
    edited October 2017
    https://youtu.be/fwi-YFyBvyI

And they say its nebula who is broken and not parry.
  • HatshipuhHatshipuh Posts: 146
    More like Nebula shows clearly how broken parry is...