**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Another Waste “Rant”

So excited that Kabam has decided to launch a new series of crystals for summoners to purchase with the hopes of obtaining a champion they may desperately need for 300 units. I’m sure I am not alone in the feeling one gets when they decide to roll the dice and buy one of these crystals for 300 units, the pit of despair in your stomach. I knew as soon as I hit the buy button on the Doom crystal today that I had made yet another tragic mistake. And as someone who has been playing this game for 6 years I know damn well the drop rates and the replies one will get when submitting questions to Kabam. Doom still eludes my roster, as do other content clearing champs such as Corvus. For now, I should be thankful that my 300 units scored me a sexy 3* punisher 2099. Thank you Kabam for awarding me with yet another champ that I will never use.

Comments

• Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

There was another guy who started a thread bragging about being a merc and asking Kabam to make it easier for him to merc legends and mythic runs (literally the worst kind, not that any are good obviously). He was so sure Kabam would take no action against him because they need him... I sure wonder what happened to him and the other people he ratted out.

This was the same guy. The exact same guy. I screenshot the post because I knew it would get nuked immediately.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

ItsDamien said:

Ebony_Naw said:

There was another guy who started a thread bragging about being a merc and asking Kabam to make it easier for him to merc legends and mythic runs (literally the worst kind, not that any are good obviously). He was so sure Kabam would take no action against him because they need him... I sure wonder what happened to him and the other people he ratted out.

This was the same guy. The exact same guy. I screenshot the post because I knew it would get nuked immediately.
    Ah, you're a smarter man than I am for grabbing that while you had the chance. Didn't realize it was the same guy but that's just beautiful.
    Honestly, this is one of the few things in the world I would frame and put on my wall as a reminder to never be that stupid 🤣
  • Options
    TesladonTesladon Posts: 339 ★★
    What’s a merc? Other than a mercenary. I know that much, but mcoc-wise?
  • Options
    Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    Tesladon said:

What’s a merc? Other than a mercenary. I know that much, but mcoc-wise?

Not sure either but I’m guessing it’s someone that will fight for you for money in order to progress.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

I wasted 3000 units trying to get doom and ended up with 10 duped 3 stars. I’m blaming nobody but myself for the stupidity, but the mcoc hashtag on Twitter has plenty of successful doom pulls so I thought, what the heck.

The timing of this offer does seem odd with July 4 just round the corner. Thankfully I’ve got plenty of units left and 2.5 million battlechips.

RIP
    Subtle roster flex.
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Sell something illegal in the streets and cops might not wanna bother. Sell it in the police station and you're an idiot.
  • Options
    Sasquatch_jkSasquatch_jk Posts: 3
    Well damn this post got a lot more traction that expected. I just saw another comment on someone else getting banned for being a merc and that person called out other high ranking players that were also Mercs. What a way to start the week!!
  • Options
    DopeDurianDopeDurian Posts: 3
    If you have been playing other game with similar system, you will notice MCOC doesn't have a pity system and that really sucks.
    I thought it was ok at first but when I started to play other gacha games, I'm now finding MCOC crystal pull is just a big scam.
    Not worth it
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,692 Guardian

If you have been playing other game with similar system, you will notice MCOC doesn't have a pity system and that really sucks.
    I thought it was ok at first but when I started to play other gacha games, I'm now finding MCOC crystal pull is just a big scam.
    Not worth it

MCOC does have a variant of a pity system built into champion duplication. If you're opening crystals of a certain rarity, any duplication of a champ not only increases the sig level of that champ, it also earns you shards for the next higher rarity. As a result, say, every 4* crystal is either a new champ, or a duplicate of a champ that earns you a fraction of a 5* champ. After 37 4* openings you're guaranteed to either get a new 4* champ or enough shards to form a 5* champ.

The duplication system is not as targeted as some pity systems, but it contains a feature many others don't: you can improve your pity results over time through progress. Because max sig champions generate max sig crystals, and most of those contain the same amount of shards as duplication does, over time the average number of higher rarity shards you earn per crystal opening increases. It takes 37 duplicate 4* champs to earn enough 5* shards to open a 5* crystal if none of your 4* champs is at max sig. If all of them are at max sig that number drops to 19 (really, 18 and a little more). So the rate at which crystals of one rarity help you earn champions of the next higher rarity gets higher over time.
  • Options
    Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Justiciar said:

Thankfully I’ve got plenty of units left and 2.5 million battlechips.

Well Whoop de doo for you. 🤨
    Oh, and spending 3000 units on trying to get a decent Doom ?
    It’s idiots like you with more money than common sense that skew this game into the pay to win nightmare it becomes. £100 to try and ( unsuccessfully) get a fake character, in an imaginary game, that is geared to forever be out of your reach.
    You do realise that what you’ve got here is NOT a fun hobby?
    It’s a serious addiction.
    Its peopke like him who spend on this game to allow us f2p peasants to keep playing this game. Kabam's only source of revenue is summoners spending on this game. Had they not be spending, the game would have been long dead, or they would have had to put in ads (which is worse than all the lags or bugs currently in the game IMO) or make the game Pay to Download.
  • Options
    Justiciar said:

Thankfully I’ve got plenty of units left and 2.5 million battlechips.

Well Whoop de doo for you. 🤨
    Oh, and spending 3000 units on trying to get a decent Doom ?
    It’s idiots like you with more money than common sense that skew this game into the pay to win nightmare it becomes. £100 to try and ( unsuccessfully) get a fake character, in an imaginary game, that is geared to forever be out of your reach.
    You do realise that what you’ve got here is NOT a fun hobby?
    It’s a serious addiction.
    It's people like you that take the fun out of a game. They easily could have gotten those units without having to spend. There's no reason to take the frustration out on them just because you can't do the same. Try looking at the brighter side of things and put more positive energy into the world.
  • Options
    WayntosWayntos Posts: 593 ★★
    6 years, me duce! You think you should know better. I also Doomless and without AA and Warlock the big 3 I'm looking for. These offers are a unit grab. notice how your so close to completing the side quest and the A.I goes all ULTRA COMBO on your ars and you have to buy a revive... but wait I have 260 4hr crystals. I'll open a few and get a revive after 130 opening you have 4000gold, 70 energy refill not the full ones and 30 health potion mostly 350 one, and only get a 20% revive. go back to match and block fail or dropped input.... you spend the units win the match move on..... working as intended......
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

ItsDamien said:

ElTioKurt said:

Agreed. I’m a merc and youtuber, I spent $100 on that Doom. Money came from my services so it didn’t feel the pain, but at least a nexus would be fine. Btw thanks kabam, gantlet gave me plus 80 works. Keep up the good work dropping that hard content, I can’t wait how much I’ll earn after summer of pain. But yeah that rate in your crystals sucks

Did you really just admit to being a Merc?
    I do not believe this was a wise decision.
    For sure. They didn't just ban them from the forums. They straight up deleted the forum account too by the looks of it.
    They did a lot more than that.
    I'm glad to hear it. I'm hoping that it involves something with their YouTube channel as well and some takedown notices perhaps.

Edit: Just saw they perma banned him. He's streaming on his channel right now. What an idiot. 🤣
    Unfortunately it probably doesn't make that much difference. He's just got his name out on here briefly and he'll still be in the line chats and if he's got people who come to him for Alliance stuff etc. they're still going to do that. He'll just buy another account off the black market. Ultimately it's not illegal, it's just against the ToS.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    That's how the RNG gods work, sometimes they are blissful and other times they are unforgiving.