**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

To Kabam: Please add MCOC to the amazon app store

StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
edited June 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
I realize you can sideload MCOC which i have done in the past but it would be nice if MCOC was available officially on the amazon app store. I much prefer the reward system on amazon's app store (in app purchases can be up to 20% off by purchasing amazon coins). Amazon has plenty of tablets that can run MCOC without issues. I think it is about time the game was officially available on the amazon app store. I would actually spend more money overall on in app purchases if this was an option because of the discounts.

There shouldn't be much work in having the app available on amazon devices other than perhaps having to implement the Amazon in app purchase API.

Any words on having the app available on the amazon app store officially kabam? @Kabam Miike
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Starhawk said:

I realize you can sideload MCOC which i have done in the past but it would be nice if MCOC was available officially on the amazon app store. I much prefer the reward system on amazon's app store (in app purchases can be up to 20% off by purchasing amazon coins). Amazon has plenty of tablets that can run MCOC without issues. I think it is about time the game was officially available on the amazon app store. I would actually spend more money overall on in app purchases if this was an option because of the discounts.

There shouldn't be much work in having the app available on amazon devices other than perhaps having to implement the Amazon in app purchase API.

Any words on having the app available on the amazon app store officially kabam? @Kabam Miike

The only reason I don't think they will do it, and the reason I wouldn't mind them doing it, is because of the new Windows 11 integration with android apps being used but only from the amazon app store.

I like the idea of being able to use my PC to play instead, but I also fully understand the issues with allowing this since bots are already a massive issue and this would just be giving them very easy access to continue doing harm to the game as is.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Starhawk said:

The only reason I don't think they will do it, and the reason I wouldn't mind them doing it, is because of the new Windows 11 integration with android apps being used but only from the amazon app store.

I like the idea of being able to use my PC to play instead, but I also fully understand the issues with allowing this since bots are already a massive issue and this would just be giving them very easy access to continue doing harm to the game as is.
    i'm not sure I see how the Windows 11 integration affects this. The windows 11 integration would have the same issue with Google play which Kabam currently use. They already ban people that use bluestacks and I am sure they will ban people that use Windows 11 directly.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    2 platforms are enough to keep up with as it is.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Starhawk said:

ItsDamien said:

Starhawk said:

i'm not sure I see how the Windows 11 integration affects this. The windows 11 integration would have the same issue with Google play which Kabam currently use. They already ban people that use bluestacks and I am sure they will ban people that use Windows 11 directly.
    Well the stipulation is that the game can only be played on platforms that natively support the app. If they added the game to the Amazon Android App store, Windows 11 natively supports that. People wouldn't need to use bluestacks anymore to be able to load up bot programs.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    ItsDamien said:

Starhawk said:

ItsDamien said:

Starhawk said:

Well the stipulation is that the game can only be played on platforms that natively support the app. If they added the game to the Amazon Android App store, Windows 11 natively supports that. People wouldn't need to use bluestacks anymore to be able to load up bot programs.
    Again how is this going to facilitate bot programs? I would love to hear the technical details because it would not.

you do realize it's quite easy to install google play on an amazon device and vice versa without rooting right (and i'm sure the same will be true for Windows 11)?

And to answer the person who said there was enough with 2 platforms you literally don't need to change any of the code to make gameplay work on amazon devices...amazon runs off of android and apps built for androids works on it. I literally have MCOC installed on my amazon tablet and have zero issues. Officially allowing MCOC on the amazon app store would allow cheaper purchases using amazon coins.

The only thing that would be needed is to implement code to hook in to the amazon API for purchases. If i can do it I'm pretty sure Kabam can do it. The only extra step every release is to publish to amazon's app...again that's very easy to do.

I can't see how anyone could be against this unless you are f2p. If MCOC was available on amazon devices you could go out and buy one of the devices and get 20% off your MCOC purchases....you can make your purchases using the amazon device and still use your phone to play mcoc. the device would pay for itself very quickly if you spend a decent amount of money on this game. Imagine saving 100.00 during the July 4th weekend if you spend 500? That would mean spending 400.00 instead of 500.00. That one purchase would be enough to pay for an amazon tablet.