**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

thoughts on the July fourth deals?

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

I really want to do the unit deals to awaken my NF. But that's 18k units, which would leave me pretty much out of units. I think I'll need 3-6k for SoP based on what I spent for Gauntlet. I could use remaining units to explore 7.2 and maybe a lil Abyss.

Most of the other stuff in the unit deals is nice to have but no immediate use. Although those 4 featureds are tempting and I'll miss the opportunity to get a jump on R4 materials.

Am I making the right call here to save my units?

Very much so
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Hello all, this is the first July 4th in MCOC for me. Are these the final offers, or is there another offer in 2 days time?

This is it.
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★

I really want to do the unit deals to awaken my NF. But that's 18k units, which would leave me pretty much out of units. I think I'll need 3-6k for SoP based on what I spent for Gauntlet. I could use remaining units to explore 7.2 and maybe a lil Abyss.

Most of the other stuff in the unit deals is nice to have but no immediate use. Although those 4 featureds are tempting and I'll miss the opportunity to get a jump on R4 materials.

Am I making the right call here to save my units?

For what it worth I was on the same boat.. Decided to go for all offers, my thoughts was that I got enough time to get units for sop, and story quest and abyss ain't going anywhere.. So if u are playing arena u can go for both
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★

Hello all, this is the first July 4th in MCOC for me. Are these the final offers, or is there another offer in 2 days time?

They don't, same offers for the next 3 days and then it's done
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    These deals make sense for TBs that haven’t 100% Abyss yet. It’ll cost the average TB 20k units to 100% abyss and 18k units on deals will get you better rewards.
  • Ultraman27Ultraman27 Posts: 3
    The fact that this game penalizes and gives players less for the same amount of $$/units is and always has been lame. I’ll never understand it. If my 1000 Cavalier units won’t buy the same as Thronebreaker then I won’t spend them.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Ya not even tempted to spend on these. Feel like things were cheaper last year.
  • rdxevilrdxevil Posts: 231 ★★
    I'm still trying to figure out how the deals would help cavalier to become tb.. Kabam we should have few t5cc selector.. Atleast 5%/10% in 1k and 5k deals
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

The fact that this game penalizes and gives players less for the same amount of $$/units is and always has been lame. I’ll never understand it. If my 1000 Cavalier units won’t buy the same as Thronebreaker then I won’t spend them.

Playing a progressional game while holding a grudge that it rewards progress seems to be an extremely counterproductive use of your time.
    Not to mention the irony of the protest, considering Units is the in-game currency that belongs to Kabam.
  • N1nthcloudN1nthcloud Posts: 343 ★★★
    Im scared to buy the TB offers not only because they are not what i was hoping for.

But also because im already full on t2ac
    And im worried alot of it is going to go into the overflow and expire.

You would think kabam would have incentivized spending real money on items by giving them no exp date already.... i was honestly surprised "years ago" that wasnt the case.

If i buy 3 odins wtf am i going to do with all that t2ac...?
    Assuming i dont have the t4cc to utilize them?

If i buy almost all the offers i feel like im paying to just watch things slowly expire.

Listen to what im saying please. Its the same thing every year but this time looking at the offers im really feeling some hesitation.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Im scared to buy the TB offers not only because they are not what i was hoping for.

But also because im already full on t2ac
    And im worried alot of it is going to go into the overflow and expire.

You would think kabam would have incentivized spending real money on items by giving them no exp date already.... i was honestly surprised "years ago" that wasnt the case.

If i buy 3 odins wtf am i going to do with all that t2ac...?
    Assuming i dont have the t4cc to utilize them?

If i buy almost all the offers i feel like im paying to just watch things slowly expire.

Listen to what im saying please. Its the same thing every year but this time looking at the offers im really feeling some hesitation.

Resource management is part of the game. The game rewards players who manage bottlenecks better than others. If you have a lot of something you're worried is going to overflow and then expire, and the reason why is because of a shortage of something else, then you're supposed to direct your energy to obtaining what you're short of to balance things out.

A lot of people don't like this idea. They complain they shouldn't have to change how they play, resources should just be magically balanced for them specifically. Or they complain that they shouldn't have to spend anything to get resource X, because resource Y is "better" and spending any resources or effort on X is "a waste." Which, if X is a bottleneck, is just wrong. For example there are people who believe you should spend glory on T5B and T2A, and if you're short T1A or T4B that's the game's fault, because it is "wrong" to spend glory on T4B. It is actually they who are wrong, but that's entirely their choice.

I have no idea how you could be overflowing with T2A and unable to use it, because most higher Cavs and TBs don't have that problem unless they blitz through content and pile it up faster than they can use it temporarily. But if that's the problem you have, you should be prioritizing the stuff you need to balance out the usage of those catalysts. That might mean spending glory on lower cats, or it might even mean passing on some of the higher value cash offers and targeting the lower ones that have the stuff you need, instead of the stuff you just want.

No one is going to be upset if you pass on offers that contain resources you can't use. Not even Kabam. But you have half a year before the next big sale. Work on rebalancing your resources over time so you don't have this problem. Because otherwise you'll just run into it again, and not just when it comes to cash offer sales. The content is also like that, and will continue to be like that. If you blitz it without thinking about how you're going to use the rewards in it, you could find yourself losing those rewards, and then missing them later when you need them but no longer have them. It isn't just about the offers, it is about resource management in all areas of the game.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Close to TB these deals could have pushed me over, was willing to spend an Odin. Now? I'll spend nothing. Just my experience though I have seen other cavs spend units/money and be satisifed, but not me.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

@DNA3000
    Blah blah blah resource management.

Thats all fair and square except.
    This is real money we are talking about.

This isnt some bananna that you put on the shelf. and if you dont eat it fast enough it expires.

This is a cash deal offer on a digital good.

You dont create incentives to not spend money when your entire business model revolves around trying to get people to spend money.

And yet they seem to be doing pretty well without your business acumen assisting them.

For that matter, I think I'm doing pretty well without your banana-based game management strategies, so good luck to you, hope you find whatever it is you're looking for, somewhere.
  • Steel_Ball_RunSteel_Ball_Run Posts: 534 ★★★

lol
    Picked Beast since he might get buffed and Sinister’s in the featured pool that I’m going for

damn... seeing this screenshot hurts. sorry.

But where did you hear that beast will get buffed? Or is this more wishful thinking? I also have a 6 star beast so I"m very curious.
    Wishful thinking, his abilities are incredibly outdated so he’d be buffed sooner or later. And if/when he is, it’s most likely an overhaul/moderate, while Sinister’s is very likely a value only one

• BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    Had been saving up units (approx 8,100 units) in one of my alt accounts which is still at cavalier level and I have bought the 1,000 unit deal only. Shall save the rest for either the cyber weekend or will use on more content completion activities
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    Am I the only one who thinks the TB deals r not that bad???
    Do I wish they're better? Yes. But overall not too bad.
    I feel like the All Fathers Odin deals r leading towards 6* r4.
    If ur only interested in growing ur 6* roster, go for the $50 deal. 2 of those will give u 3 6*.
  • HailTheGreat1HailTheGreat1 Posts: 40
    Been spinning tech/cosmic crystals over a year now and still no Heimdal so no Thronbreaker yet. Oh well. Not spending to get less than someone else, that's a foolish way to spend money
  • rivetrivet Posts: 254

Been spinning tech/cosmic crystals over a year now and still no Heimdal so no Thronbreaker yet. Oh well. Not spending to get less than someone else, that's a foolish way to spend money

Why do you need Heimdall to get TB, I don’t have him and don’t see any roadblock to get TB