**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So, about the July Solo Event....

Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 1,238 ★★★★
Hello all, I'll try to make this as short as possible. As we've seen, the new rewards system in the game seems to have shifted from "Uncollected and above" to "Uncollected and below." As a result, Uncollected is set to receive absolutely terrible rewards, and let me quickly steer this away from a rant post to explain why it's objectively a bad move.

I'm a newer player, having become Uncollected only recently in November 2020, and what I've observed in the game and the Forums is that Uncollected seems to be a separate tier of its own, a "transition state" between beginner and top tier players. This is the time they require the resources to start pushing for higher content, but not so many goodies that staying at Uncollected means a free supply of valuables.

Kabam seems to have forgotten that, and the "rewards" they've assigned to UC are simply useless. There's no need to even participate in the Solo Event, as the milestone rewards make no difference to anyone trying to push through Act 5. I mean, what's someone stuck on the Ultron Boss going to do with a 4* Nexus?

Likewise, grouping UC with Cavalier is also unfair to Cavs, as they've made a huge leap to reach where they are. There are several solutions to this issue, but somehow the worst possible idea was accepted to remedy this. Instead of nerfing an entire tier, they simply could've let UC and Cav work for the same milestones, but placed the best rewards on the last few milestones and locked out UC from accessing them. Uncollected doesn't require 6*s to get through Act 5, but they sure need more than 4*s to do so.

I'm sure that no higher-up is going to even give this post a second look, let alone actually try to make a change, but I thought this was a fairly serious issue that needed attention. First the July 4th offers, and now this. I understand that the company's goal is to bridge the gap between UC and beginners, but bringing the higher tier down isn't how you do it; make it easier for lower tiers to access more 4* Shards and Rank Up resources instead.

Uncollected required effort too. A beginner at Level 5 can't do what a UC player did. Stop grouping them together and help the Level 5 guy rise faster instead.

Comments

• MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

Better the UC suffer than the level 5 player

How about no one suffer and just help out the level 5 player instead.
    Because then level 5 players will become even more spoiled

And again, you aren't referring to my point at all. If the rest of the year is going to give UC similar rewards, how do they achieve Cav with a surplus of 4*s?
    Because the side event is not supposed to be the main source of 5* champions anyways... just a small slice in the large pie. And they still give 5* shards + rank up resources for 5* heroes as well

And again, you aren't referring to my point at all. If the rest of the year is going to give UC similar rewards, how do they achieve Cav with a surplus of 4*s?
    Because the side event is not supposed to be the main source of 5* champions anyways... just a small slice in the large pie. And they still give 5* shards + rank up resources for 5* heroes as well
    Look at July's Event. There are literally just 3.5k 5* Shards. If this is going to be the norm then it won't make an immediate change, but it'll slowly start making transitioning to Cav difficult. All the other solo objectives have been helping out significantly, be it Feb's event with massive amounts of ISO, or even June's with the AG and 5* Shards. Why is it that this sudden detrimental change is necessary?
    NO! Young man! Take a better look at the rewards in fact! Should you choose to recruit new champions into your squad and log in daily you WILL see that many 5* shards are available DAILY for Uncollected players! Side Event gives many 5* shards, many other places give many 5* shards not just side event which is not a main source! This change is because UC will become the new Conqueror. I am done. Goodbye.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    If that nexus contains a 4* medusa it would help an uncollected player quite a lot on the ultron boss.
    But I get your point. It would have been nice if they did a special objective for uncollected just like Cavalier+ to get a 5* from the side event. So they still feel 'appreciated'
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

Hoitado said:

4* Doom can help a lot

4* Magneto

The 4* Nexus isn’t useless.

The chances of pulling a game changing 4* (and even this game changer will only take you so far) out of a selection of over 200 characters really doesn't seem very realistic. And 4*s really won't help at a certain point. Just like how the meta shifted from 4*s and made 5* a necessity for higher players, it's now shifting towards 6*s and leaves UC and slightly above in need of 5*s to compete in increasingly complex challenges like SQs (which are the primary source of rewards in a month.) 4*s aren't useless, but they aren't going to help progressing players who've already beaten the Collector.

Well if you’re saying the chances of pulling a good champion are irrelevant than your whole argument is irrelevant because unless you had unit man. You would need good champions to progress further into Act 5.

Those 2 examples I gave were just a tiny fraction of Champions that could help you beat Act 5. Stop Acting like you need 5*s only. You’re not in Act 6 yet
  • Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★
    edited July 2021

Doesn't matter. Uncollected to Cav is easy.
    Better the UC suffer than the level 5 player, and soon UC will be easier than ever so better merged now than later.

Uncollected can be achieved by r4/r5 4*s. By the time one becomes uncollected they are focused on ranking up there 4*s. But when they get to Act 6 they are told that their 4*s are useless from this point onwards in Story Content. At that point they dont even have a well developed 5* roster. It takes time to develop a Good 5* roster to get atleast 3 r4 5* champions.
    Now tell me, how can a person develop a good 5* roster to get Cavalier if they are given 4* Awakening Gem, 4* Nexus and *only* 35% of a 5* from solo event.
    It also takes some time to complete the 6 quests in Act 6 which needs some specific counters for some fights.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    The mentality that 4 stars are useless for uncollected players is a little baffling. 4 stars are very easy to get for uncollected players now since the arena gives all the 4 stars in the milestones.

What I think is happening is people see the 5 star gate in act 6 and don't want to rank up 4 stars at all and wait for 5 stars so that they don't "waste" resources. But, you don't need to do that. You can acquire 4 stars and rank them up while continuing to acquire 5 stars, slow as it may be. 4 stars are perfectly usable to explore act 5 and some of the variants.

an thats exactly why they have chamged it ypu have been uc for 7ish months they want our player base to push foward so making uc relitively meh now will have uc olayers step out of ther middle zone comfort an go for cav an onto tb

That's neither for them nor you to decide though, is it? The decision of a player to step out of their comfort zone is purely said player's choice, no external party can, or should, force someone to do something just to stay in relevant content. They should either leave a system alone, or improve it if they want to bridge the gap. Unless something is objectively unfair, there's no reason to tamper negatively with it.
    Ah. But they can decide it since it's their playpen. You can also suggest how to improve them without forcing players to move. As it is, they are not forcing anyone. If you want to be competitive, you need to move. If you want to enjoy the game as it is, you can still stay where you are. But, the game does not stay the same just because you do.
    We have people who stubbornly don't become uc just because they like where they are. Well, they can stay there but can't expect the same kind of rewards as before.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

Hoitado said:

4* Doom can help a lot

4* Magneto

4*s aren't useless, but they aren't going to help progressing players who've already beaten the Collector.
    Bull___. I have used 4 star doom, quake in legendary sq, cav eq. This was at a time I was already Cav.
    Malreck04 said:

Hoitado said:

4* Doom can help a lot

4* Magneto

4*s aren't useless, but they aren't going to help progressing players who've already beaten the Collector.
    Bull___. I have used 4 star doom, quake in legendary sq, cav eq. This was at a time I was already Cav.
    That was a dumb mention, you need to be cav to access those things anyway
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    For the context I opened my totally FTP alt account around 45 days ago and became uncollected and completed one run of whole 5 in about 12-13 days but after that more than 30 days have past but i am not able to progress to become cavalier due to 5* restriction in act6. So my point is that if they have to group players than newer players are much closer to uncollected than uncollected players are close to cavaliers and so grouping new players with uncollected makes more sense.
    But I think they should not be grouping people like this and their should always be a difference between these 4 tiers namely collected, uncollected, cavaliers and thronebreakers.

Malreck04 said:

Hoitado said:

4* Doom can help a lot

4* Magneto

Did you use those 4*s in Act 6 to become Cav?
    No, genius, I used them in EQ, SQ and temporary content to get good five stars. I dunno what people do these days to get their first r5s, but I did the Omega boss rush to get materials to r5 quake, who I used in act 6. Completed act 6 a month back, now I can comfortably r5 champs, one every one or two months.
    Faseeh said:

Hoitado said:

4* Doom can help a lot

4* Magneto

And you think there's a 100% chance that it'll contain these champs? there's also trash champs in there
    Sure. But that is why you open more crystals to increase the chance of getting a good champ.

Malreck04 said:

Malreck04 said:

Hoitado said:

4* Doom can help a lot

4* Magneto

Did you use those 4*s in Act 6 to become Cav?
    No, genius, I used them in EQ, SQ and temporary content to get good five stars. I dunno what people do these days to get their first r5s, but I did the Omega boss rush to get materials to r5 quake, who I used in act 6. Completed act 6 a month back, now I can comfortably r5 champs, one every one or two months.
    Exactly, you got 5* Shards from temporary content. But if those rewards are being removed and placed mostly at a higher level than you can even access, then what's the point of it?

For example, the Languria Raid in June gave everyone 5k 5* Shards and a 5* AG, but if that's being pushed to Cav, a tier a UC player is trying to reach, then it's useless. The UC can't gain the 5* resources they need.
    It's almost like kabam wants you to complete all the other content and get cav asap. You get 1 5 star every month from exploring uc and master eq. That is what almost everyone from cav had before cav eq was introduced. It's the same complaint with cav players. They want t5cc offered everywhere to become Tb. But no one is willing to grind for the t5cc already available in the game.

Doesn't matter. Uncollected to Cav is easy.
    Better the UC suffer than the level 5 player, and soon UC will be easier than ever so better merged now than later.

Now tell me, how can a person develop a good 5* roster to get Cavalier if they are given 4* Awakening Gem, 4* Nexus and *only* 35% of a 5* from solo event.
    By doing other content using those 4* heroes, some 5* they already have, and picking the recruit side event :)