Iceman or Archangel

I have both iceman and archangel at r4/40 unduped. I have 1 generic awk gem and 3 t4cc mutant. Who do i dupe and R5.

Comments

  • KumbieKumbie Posts: 9
    Leaning towards Ice as well . Also would be my first R5. Pretty excited
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 109
    I had the same dilemma. I went ice man. He even has his own song.
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 257
    AA needs the dupe more than iceman tbh with you. Iceman does fine without it, AA's damage output is insane. Iceman can use his frostbites and special attack coldsnaps. Only really needs the dupe if you can't fight the evaders as much until you can hit an sp1.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 330
    ForumGuy wrote: »
    AA needs the dupe more than iceman tbh with you. Iceman does fine without it, AA's damage output is insane. Iceman can use his frostbites and special attack coldsnaps. Only really needs the dupe if you can't fight the evaders as much until you can hit an sp1.

    This is true. I personally would still awaken AA but take up iceman as he probably benefits more being r5. AA has godtier damage output even at 4/40 I do steady WS kills around 170 hits.
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 472
    Archangel for bleed and poison.
  • RomyjartRomyjart Posts: 257
    IceMan definitely
  • wolfwolf Posts: 106
    Too many champions imune to bleed or poison, better to go on Iceman while nobody is immune to his coldsnap
  • HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263
    Kumbie wrote: »
    I have both iceman and archangel at r4/40 unduped. I have 1 generic awk gem and 3 t4cc mutant. Who do i dupe and R5.

    AA iceman doesn’t need to be duped to be good
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 868
    Huluhula wrote: »
    Kumbie wrote: »
    I have both iceman and archangel at r4/40 unduped. I have 1 generic awk gem and 3 t4cc mutant. Who do i dupe and R5.

    AA iceman doesn’t need to be duped to be good

    He does need to be duped to be god-tier attack damage because the neuro includes defense ability reduction. But like said above, that damage is tied to the AI's ability to bleed and be poisoned. It's like taking Thor up against stun immune. Without the debuffs, their attacks are middle of the pack.
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 257
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Huluhula wrote: »
    Kumbie wrote: »
    I have both iceman and archangel at r4/40 unduped. I have 1 generic awk gem and 3 t4cc mutant. Who do i dupe and R5.

    AA iceman doesn’t need to be duped to be good

    He does need to be duped to be god-tier attack damage because the neuro includes defense ability reduction. But like said above, that damage is tied to the AI's ability to bleed and be poisoned. It's like taking Thor up against stun immune. Without the debuffs, their attacks are middle of the pack.

    Bro he said iceman doesn't need it lol. He's agreeing with AA.
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 257
    edited October 13
    Look, trust me u have both AA(r5 4*) and iceman(both 4* and 5*). AA definitely needs the dupe more than iceman does. Iceman can do fine without the coldsnap in the beginning, let's say you're fighting nightcrawler, you can still switch his modes with skill (and a bit of luck with the timer lol). AA pretty much needs it for the ability accuracy reduction, he can shut anyone down that isn't immune to poison and bleed. Now his true weakness is bleed immunity, because there you can't stack bleed and gotta worry about getting poisons on... which is harder. But it's not the biggest deal, it really isn't.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 268
    I used a generic on archangel and regret it.

    Iceman ftw.
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 257
    DoctorJ wrote: »
    I used a generic on archangel and regret it.

    Iceman ftw.
    Something has to be wrong with you than lmao.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 162
    I got both of them recently from arena and had generics burning a whole in my account. Awakened both and I can tell you that AA benefits way more. Anyone you can bleed and poison, you can shred, used him to clear entire paths of the master mode quest and just use another champ for the boss fight.
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 784
    edited October 13
    Iceman all the way

    Until you actually spend a while playing him you really dont see how good he is. Coldsnap (obvs) armour so l3s just tickle, stops evade for first 12 seconds and then L1 will do that again for you. His L2 if it crits can do 30K+ damage easy, bleed opponents are like fighting babies now, same with incinerate and posion, frostbite (think thats what its called) is easy to apply to your enemy and just melts them non-stop, plus there is no champ immune to this in the game currently

    All in all, probably the best champ in the game. And mine is only 60 sig!!
  • JJ4302JJ4302 Posts: 26
    Who would you guys max sig if both r5?
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 257
    JJ4302 wrote: »
    Who would you guys max sig if both r5?

    Arch angel, you mostly just want the 1 sig for iceman to turn off evade, yes the damage is nice, but it's mostly for evade. AA needs all the sigs he can get, he can completely end a magik better than anyone else in the game, his neurotoxin damage is off the charts. I'm honestly surprised kabam let's him do all that damage... and then per neurotoxin it's like let's say, 35% ability accuracy reduction, that debuff can stop everything, let's say your facing magik you can stop her from not only getting limbo when she gains a bar of power, but also when she actives her special. AA is truly a god tier champ in here, his only weakness is bleed immunity because he can still do pretty nice bleed damage if you can't neurotoxin.
  • go with iceman for that utility or AA for that insane damage but he needs to be awakened to get some utility
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 254
    edited October 13
    Iceman
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 631
    YOU DO NOT want to awaken IceMan over AA. Seriously. Stop it. you can awaken Ice Man in every fight by applying an L1. AA becomes one of the highest damage output champions in the game when he's awakened.

    With iceman there's a workaround for his lack of awakening. There is no work around for sheer god tier like strength.

    Now the argument is AA better than IceMan is irrelevant here.
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 97
    Iceman
  • Yes. Either one.

    For the record: I have a 5/5 Iceman and often against a Spidey evader they will evade the L1 blast so it can be a bit more difficult to disable that evade using L1 than some of these posts would lead you to believe. SIg also enables his Ice armor immediately at the start. That said, he really is pretty awesome without it anyways.

    AA I got recently and am still leveling up, but with his current damaging abilities being as good as they are and these comments mentioning a significant improvement, I'd be tempted to use it on his for some serious opponent damage.
  • Iceman, he's a nasty defender especially when awakened. It's like being murdered by a sig 100+ 5* magiks limbo. Dirty and reliable.

    AA has more issues then just bleed/poison immunes. If you have DW maxed and other bleeders that benefit from that then I guess you can argue AA is the better option but otherwise Iceman for a number of reasons listed throughout this topic.
  • I have both at rank 5. Iceman is better in almost every aspect except dmg
Sign In or Register to comment.