**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are we allowed to be in the ccp?

So I was just wondering if we are allowed to be in the ccp, because I’m having a hard time deciding if I should rank up this champ or not, and it would help trying them out on the beta. I wouldn’t even mind if you just restricted the champs allowed to play as the one you own, I don’t really care about trying new champs like Hercules or champs I don’t own as 5*s, just trying my champs as new ranks to see if it is worth ranking them up or not. If we aren’t able to, there should be one for everyone to be able to play as the champs they own and see how they are as the next rank to see if it is worth using the resources on, and only allowed to do content that they have already completed.

Comments

• Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Become a content creator.

Hit the requirements as listed in this post:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/164864/content-creator-program-overview-and-application#latest

You might get accepted. You might not.

That's the only way.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    Are you allowed to create content if you are selected for the 7.3 beta even if you arent in the ccp? I don't plan to but it would be good to know.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,024 ★★★★★
    DawsMan said:

Are you allowed to create content if you are selected for the 7.3 beta even if you arent in the ccp? I don't plan to but it would be good to know.

Yes you can but there aren't any rank up resources available to use to rank up champs to test. Just whatever you have in your inv and the champs you had on your roster when you signed up.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★

DawsMan said:

Yes you can but there aren't any rank up resources available to use to rank up champs to test. Just whatever you have in your inv and the champs you had on your roster when you signed up.
    K thanks. You can buy revives and pots tho which is v fun.
  • Options
    Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★
    I think OP's point is that members of the CCP have an unfair advantage of being able to experiment with their rosters without penalty whereas the rest of us only have one shot to do rank ups. We don't have the luxury of being able to try out rank ups to see whether we like them or not.
  • Options
    IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Yeah you are allowed.
    That is if you meet the requirements
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Man_Bat said:

I think OP's point is that members of the CCP have an unfair advantage of being able to experiment with their rosters without penalty whereas the rest of us only have one shot to do rank ups. We don't have the luxury of being able to try out rank ups to see whether we like them or not.

So do what it takes to get accepted
    There are a large population of players that are barred from participating in the CCP due to legalities, contracts etc. Easier said then done; not to mention that what needs to be done can be unreasonable to some so they’d rather suggest that all players are given the opportunities afforded to others.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,024 ★★★★★
    Man_Bat said:

It's called the Content Creator Program for a reason. They create content that helps the community and promotes the game. It's not called "I want rank up champs all day and not do anything productive" program.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Man_Bat said:

So do what it takes to get accepted
    There are a large population of players that are barred from participating in the CCP due to legalities, contracts etc. Easier said then done; not to mention that what needs to be done can be unreasonable to some so they’d rather suggest that all players are given the opportunities afforded to others.
    I would imagine his whole point is that it's "easier said than done." It is actually quite difficult to join the CCP and the idea is to give them a server to test things they can then relay back to the community. So they work hard, and even once in the idea is to not have to spend their own resources testing things that are intended to be for the community's benefit.

Of course, that's the idea but not always the execution. I get the frustration, but I also get the reason. I've always been a fan of a sandbox/playground type of element to the game beyond ROL.
    There isn’t much to imagine with such a short statement so I took it at face value and pointed out the flaws with the, imo flippant, suggestion.

I imagine that info could be useful for someone or just save Miike from posting the same on the one year anniversary of this post on the subject.

Yeah would be nice to have a server where I could spend resources relative to my account without actually risking resources on my account.

Now sure we’re people but the way some of these CCP videos come across are members who are only “testing” what is directly relevant to their account and not the community as a whole. There are members who’s content generated from that server is overwhelmingly or solely relative to how it impacts their live account.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Man_Bat said:

Spenders have an advantage. They give Kabam money, and Kabam gives them useful stuff in the game. Whether this is an unfair advantage depends on your point of view, but anyone who thinks this advantage is unfair probably shouldn't be playing F2P microtransaction based online games.

The CCP members contribute something of value to the game and the game community, as judged by Kabam. In return they are given resources that assist them in continuing those contributions, as that in effect ultimately benefits the game as the game operator sees it. Any advantage CCP members get for being in the program is received in exchange for contributing a significant benefit to the game, no different fundamentally than people who spend money on the game to keep the lights on get advantages as a result of that spending. Again, whether this is an unfair advantage or not depends on your point of view, but once again, anyone who thinks programs like this convey intrinsically unfair advantages probably shouldn't play online games with game communities supported by programs like this.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,020 ★★★★★
    Man_Bat said:

I don’t think anybody would argue that the CCP doesn’t provide an advantage to members, but I would disagree with the idea that it is unfair.

Content creators have to put in a substantial amount of effort to meet the listed requirements. We all benefit from their efforts as well, watching them experiment with new champions and synergies and unorthodox matchup and rank up choices. Beyond the actual time in game, they also need to do all kinds of editing and backend work on their various projects.

I’d say that the time and energy expended in putting these videos/podcasts/etc. together is more than enough to justify the edge they get from access to the beta server.
  • Options
    Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    If we all get ccp beta access what’s the point of having an account on main server. Nothing to look forward to when you can just rank up all champs and play them. I for one would probably stop farming resources and use my time else where.