Content Creator Program Overview and Application
Kabam Thel Posts: 58Administrator∙Moderator ›
edited October 2019 in Marvel Contest of Champions Content Creator Program
Greetings Summoners!With the huge amount of growth that we’ve seen in the content creator program since its inception, it's time to update the program for 2020 and beyond! Content creation is a cornerstone of this community and we are constantly working to empower all creators with the best tools and information to provide the best content possible to the community at large and celebrate the amazing content the Contest of Champions community creates on a daily basis.
We are always on the lookout for content creators of all types so if you create content and are interested in MCOC, keep reading because this is for you!
If you do any of the following, please don’t hesitate to apply!
- Stream on any major platform
- Make podcasts
- Run a website or unofficial community
- Make bots for Line or Discord
- Make art
- Direct access to Developers and other creators through a private Discord channel
- Preview access to new champions and content
- Audience development support
- Much more!
If you are a content creator whose primary platform is YouTube or streaming, here are the prerequisites you will be required to meet to be eligible for the program:
- An account in good standing with Kabam
- At least 30% of your content is related to MCOC
- 25+ average concurrent viewers on your livestreams in the past 30 days and/or 10,000 average video views in the past 30 days.
- At least 500 YouTube subscribers.
In addition to the above, applicants will also need to agree to a code of conduct. We work with several important business partners so it is important to ensure that the content created by the members of the content creator program meets certain brand safety standards. Program participants will need to ensure that their content follows the below code.
- Participants cannot engage in nor encourage racist, sexist, ableist or bigoted behaviour - whether in online discussions or in content they create. This includes making comments that could be perceived as reflecting policial, racist, sexist, religious, prejudice towards sexual orientation or other bias.
- Participants cannot be a part of harassment of other players. Or targeted harassment against other player groups online (this includes targeted harassment of Kabam employees, other Content Creators or fellow players).
- Content creators cannot encourage or provide instructions for hacking, cheating or any other terms of service violations.
- Participants cannot imply a formal working relationship or endorsement by Marvel or Kabam of their online content.
- Participants cannot engage in or tacitly encourage illegal activities of any kind.
- Content creators cannot disparage any person, business, place or group including Marvel, its employees or its competitors. Note that this differs from constructive criticism - which IS welcome and encouraged. It's important to foster thoughtful critical feedback that helps players and Kabam.
- Provide full disclosure to their audiences when they receive information or early access directly from Kabam.
- Clearly state they have no formal affiliation with Marvel or Kabam.
- Provide constructive criticism when applicable.
- Sign a Non Disclosure Agreement that will restrict the premature sharing of information until granted permission by Kabam.
- Follow any and all laws related to digital content creation set by governments in their own geographical locations.
Please also include a few sentences about who you are and why you think you would be a good fit for the program!
*Please note: All approved applicants will be subject to a 4 week probation period. If a member of the CCP is inactive for 30+ days without prior notice then that is grounds for removal from the program. However, creators will be able to appeal the removal and become reinstated.
The vetting process is manual so based on volume can take some time to complete.If I do not get back to you right away, don’t be discouraged. Based on the program, it's not always possible for me to admit everyone who applies right away. I like to provide feedback to all of the creators who apply so look for out for my responses when they come around. If for whatever reason you do not get in, there is a cooldown of 3 months to apply again. If you do not get in right away, it does not mean that you will not be admitted in the future!
Post edited by Kabam Kaylee on