**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How to Spend Tokens

Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
Hi all, does anyone have a chart, graph, a video recommendation on how to properly spend tokens so that you get every reward?

I DID buy the resort pass so anything that helps those that bought the pass would be great!

Thanks guys. Just want to make sure I get all the best rewards with the pass.

Definitely need better direction on something like this next time, very confusing!

Comments

• Options
    The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    I think it's best for you to find what you need. Be it catalysts, shards or gems. Not all have the same needs in the game.
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

I think it's best for you to find what you need. Be it catalysts, shards or gems. Not all have the same needs in the game.

Yes, but I’m terms of spending to unlock the next bunch, how do I do that
  • Options
    AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★
    Skiddy212 said:

Hi all, does anyone have a chart, graph, a video recommendation on how to properly spend tokens so that you get every reward?

I DID buy the resort pass so anything that helps those that bought the pass would be great!

Thanks guys. Just want to make sure I get all the best rewards with the pass.

Definitely need better direction on something like this next time, very confusing!

Do you have pass or just regular event?
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    What I would recommend is to NOT spend anything until the end ... or until all tokens available have been claimed. That way you can better grasp what's being spent. It's too easy to buy too many or too little of something and be out of what you really want.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Simple concept:
    1. FTP 14 / Pass 28
    2. 1st 4 categories: you need to make a choice as you can buy more than 1
    3. Thereafter: you can only buy 1 (thus pretty simple for pass owner)
    4. FTP's choice is only how much to spend in 1st 4 categories, which affects the subsequent (the better) items
    5. Thus for FTP/Pass: only spend 1 per each for 1st 4 categories appear to be the best option
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    When in doubt, follow these two rules by default:

1. Buy exactly one of everything in the store, one at a time, as they unlock (and as you earn tokens for the store).

2. If you can't buy something because it is progression locked and you don't qualify, buy another one of any unlocked items that use the same token. Then skip the progress-locked one and continue forward.

If you are free to play you'll get the first 14 items (if you qualify for them). If you bought the resort pass, you'll get one each of all 28 items.

If and only if for some reason you actually want more of an earlier item than a later item, you can do that also (pretend it is progress locked).

That's the simplest way to treat the store.