**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New AW concept by WhiteMummy

PapdichaatPapdichaat Posts: 86
edited July 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
First of all I should explain that I have planned AW offense for 320 wars, defense for all 3 BGs so I have arranged defense for over 1000 maps and all in master bracket and here is what I am proposing based on what I know about the game mode

Why do we love alliance war so much and why it’s the most important aspect of the game?

First of all it’s the only real competitive part of the game but that’s not the main reason
All aspects of the game like story content in all its forms, AQ, monthly quests, side quests, they all get repetitive after doing them few times
What AW is, in fact it is a new content released every war that we also do it as a team.
Every time an alliance designs a map they create new content and new challenges, and that’s why they are exciting. It also results in creative placements and combinations that even Kabam have used some of them in their permanent content because of the interesting interactions.
Sometimes lack of good global designs and maps getting old makes AW repetitive too but I believe this map can last for a very long time as a tool to create new content in the form of AW maps.

Here are the main rules for this AW map while placing defense:

- 20 outer circle fights and 30 inner circle fights plus 3 bosses, total 53 defenders

- Every player places 5 defenders and officers can duplicate3 of the defenders and place them as 3 bosses, two of the bosses are visible by the alliance members and by the opponent when war starts but the main boss is hidden by the alliance members and the opponent until all 10 players in opposing team joins the battlegroup and lock in their attackers
This is to prevent spying on hidden nodes which have been happening in the past when we had hidden nodes

- then officers can ban one attacker for inner circle fights and another attacker for outer circle fights
This simple rule can create many interesting global like situations. Most of the times what AW global do is just stop using certain champions on offense but it gets repetitive quickly

Rules for offense:

- every player has 5 tickets that can use them to unlock fights
Two tickets for outer fights and 3 for inner circle fights
Any player can fight bosses and they do not require tickets to be unlocked

- players can reserve their assigned fights with the tickets at the start of war and do them in any order at any time with one rule that they have to finish outer circle fights first. This map doesn’t need any movements or AW energy

- 15x of inner circle fights give 5% health link to all 3 bosses and other 15 gives 2% attack link

- it would be great if we have a tool for officers to assign fights to players like when assigning players to different battle groups
Officers go in and click on each fight and a list of 10 players pops up and they can assign it to any of them. This way they also can see how many fights they have assigned to anyone and also can see which fights are remaining or being assigned
So the entire planing happens in game and officers just need to tell the players what team they have to bring

Some other points:

In the past when I started arranging defense it was more about which champion is harder for each node and just looking at the nodes individually

Then I realized that you can design paths instead of nodes and makes it harder for the opponent to plan it for 10 players

I always had a problem when arranging defense:
There was always some interesting placements but you would never do them because depending on the globals we had they were gonna get destroyed by quake CG or ghost
For example tech, mutant and evader defenders got better placements during protect global because they were not CG missions but last season you could not give them any nodes beside few anti CG nodes like Rage or Buffet
Another example is all mystic attacker after HT, they all get destroyed no matter where you place them but with this map you can simply invest on your mystic defenders in one of the two areas and ban HT
With a simple rule like banning one attacker for outer fights and another attacker for inner circle fights you have infinite possibilities to get creative regarding designing the map
And create fresh maps every war

Another point is when everyone in the alliance has to take an equal number of fights, alliances get more balanced in terms of skill. No longer we will have someone carry the BG and take 12 fights while someone else takes two fights and it will eventually shown the true potential of every alliance as a group

https://youtu.be/bqXRyDYBw14
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• It looks intriguing, but I dont see any way to make it less of a chore on officers.
  • WHITEMUMMYWHITEMUMMY Posts: 11
    It’s about having a balance between making it not too hard for the officers and preventing the game to become easy or boring
    With the in-game tool to assign fights and having more freedom because there are no paths it will not be harder than what we have now, but it will be more interesting
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    Alt idea: Keep maps etc the same. Don't allow any boosts, potions, revives, etc.
    I also been reading so much game theories to find a good tie breaker for alliance war, more suitable type of tie breaker for mcoc is a multi step tie breaker

Best solution I could come up with is first of all periphery fight will have a lower attack bonus than inner circle fights since they are gonna be easier
    so this alone will make a tie much more unlikely
    specially if the the AB point for inner circles fights is the periphery point + a number that you can’t divide the periphery amount with the that + number
    So the only way to tie in points is to have exact number of deaths in both sections of the map

Then since we have 3 bosses the tie breaker is number of boss solos which is also fluctuates more since they are the hardest fights to solo

If the number of boss solos are also the same the alliance with higher war rating wins based on their past performance
    I don’t think it will ever come to that
    I’m also currently working on the nodes and scoring system. But I wanna see if any of this can lead to anything meaningful
    Best scenario is to have a community effort so I appreciate any suggestions or criticism 🙏🏼🌿
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    This might be fine for the higher guys.
    At my level, P3 alliance, I definitely wouldn't want to spend so much time planning out the defense and offense that it becomes a job rather than a mobile game. Plus adding 3 bosses won't be fun for me atleast.
    Top guys might be fine killing 3, don't think lower guys want to see 3 bosses in war.
    Seeing the low numbers in top tier wars, you guys definitely deserve some changes to remove that. But I don't think that such changes should be spread all out the AW playing alliances.
    Just my two cents.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★

First of all I should explain that I have planned AW offense for 320 wars, defense for all 3 BGs so I have arranged defense for over 1000 maps and all in master bracket and here is what I am proposing based on what I know about the game mode

Why do we love alliance war so much and why it’s the most important aspect of the game?

First of all it’s the only real competitive part of the game but that’s not the main reason
    All aspects of the game like story content in all its forms, AQ, monthly quests, side quests, they all get repetitive after doing them few times
    What AW is, in fact it is a new content released every war that we also do it as a team.
    Every time an alliance designs a map they create new content and new challenges, and that’s why they are exciting. It also results in creative placements and combinations that even Kabam have used some of them in their permanent content because of the interesting interactions.
    Sometimes lack of good global designs and maps getting old makes AW repetitive too but I believe this map can last for a very long time as a tool to create new content in the form of AW maps.

Here are the main rules for this AW map while placing defense:

- 20 outer circle fights and 30 inner circle fights plus 3 bosses, total 53 defenders

- Every player places 5 defenders and officers can duplicate3 of the defenders and place them as 3 bosses, two of the bosses are visible by the alliance members and by the opponent when war starts but the main boss is hidden by the alliance members and the opponent until all 10 players in opposing team joins the battlegroup and lock in their attackers
    This is to prevent spying on hidden nodes which have been happening in the past when we had hidden nodes

- then officers can ban one attacker for inner circle fights and another attacker for outer circle fights
    This simple rule can create many interesting global like situations. Most of the times what AW global do is just stop using certain champions on offense but it gets repetitive quickly

Rules for offense:

- every player has 5 tickets that can use them to unlock fights
    Two tickets for outer fights and 3 for inner circle fights
    Any player can fight bosses and they do not require tickets to be unlocked

- players can reserve their assigned fights with the tickets at the start of war and do them in any order at any time with one rule that they have to finish outer circle fights first. This map doesn’t need any movements or AW energy

- 15x of inner circle fights give 5% health link to all 3 bosses and other 15 gives 2% attack link

- it would be great if we have a tool for officers to assign fights to players like when assigning players to different battle groups
    Officers go in and click on each fight and a list of 10 players pops up and they can assign it to any of them. This way they also can see how many fights they have assigned to anyone and also can see which fights are remaining or being assigned
    So the entire planing happens in game and officers just need to tell the players what team they have to bring

Some other points:

In the past when I started arranging defense it was more about which champion is harder for each node and just looking at the nodes individually

Then I realized that you can design paths instead of nodes and makes it harder for the opponent to plan it for 10 players

I always had a problem when arranging defense:
    There was always some interesting placements but you would never do them because depending on the globals we had they were gonna get destroyed by quake CG or ghost
    For example tech, mutant and evader defenders got better placements during protect global because they were not CG missions but last season you could not give them any nodes beside few anti CG nodes like Rage or Buffet
    Another example is all mystic attacker after HT, they all get destroyed no matter where you place them but with this map you can simply invest on your mystic defenders in one of the two areas and ban HT
    With a simple rule like banning one attacker for outer fights and another attacker for inner circle fights you have infinite possibilities to get creative regarding designing the map
    And create fresh maps every war

Another point is when everyone in the alliance has to take an equal number of fights, alliances get more balanced in terms of skill. No longer we will have someone carry the BG and take 12 fights while someone else takes two fights and it will eventually shown the true potential of every alliance as a group

https://youtu.be/bqXRyDYBw14

It seems interesting. It can make Aw fun and challenging but This will burden Officers and leader. It will not only consume time but put pressure on players.
    Also point where all 10 locks their champs ans then only final boss will be revealed can mess up entire BG. Backups are there for a reason
    I dont like ticket system. Let it be energy wise.
    These seems fun but it will be actually hard and players without deep roster can suffer in even at silver alliances as many big account relax at low Aw alliances. And rewards don't match the efforts
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    “Banning attackers” is a bad idea. It would be a cross idea on attacker diversity. Which will always be voted down by the masses, rightfully so. This game is about ranking up for many reasons. Stopping players from using what they invested in creates a bad environment, or another “why bother ranking up “X” champion when opponents ban that attacker all the time”.

Overall the idea is too much, overly convoluted and too much pressure on officers.
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Map and concept seems interesting!
    Yes!Some changes should be done to reduce officers stress but it can't be implemented on all tiers.
    There can be modified version of this map for lower tiers.
    Banning attackers on few paths always brings interesting stuff and we have already seen it's one version in Summoner showdown event.
    Overall I loved your concept and with few changes this map has great potential.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Also, making all 10 faces 5 fights might make the war balanced such that only 1 person isn't taking all the fights, but it discards the notion of a backup.
    And someone who is given prefight champs. At this point in war seasons, prefight champs like White Mags/Mr. F have become very useful and sometimes people are assigned just those champs to make matchups work.
  • Mr_Surfer1Mr_Surfer1 Posts: 30
    edited July 2021
    3 bosses seems like a bit much but your idea for the map is good. It requires tweaking so that it becomes more organized and easy to follow for both defenders and attackers. But banning specific champions is not a good idea. It places restrictions for certain fights that need certain champions.
    Defensive tactics usually make some champions useless and some players depending on their progression might have invested on those champions
    But when we ban one attacker in one section that champion still can get used in the other part of the map and we get to bring 3 attackers
    So it’s a way to make war more interesting without making any attacker completely useless
    And I agree that this map with the set of full rules is more suited for top100 alliances
    And we have to get different maps for AW for different brackets like we do in AQ
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra

I really appreciate your input as well if you can take the time and watch the presentation 🙏🏼🌿
    Good point
    Any other suggestions?
    I guess no one likes to read anymore :)
  • Jrtiger23Jrtiger23 Posts: 37
    Does anyone know when the new map would be presented for AW from Kabam? Or some updates on what is the plan since season was cut short?
  • Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    No paths? So one player can just take an entire side?
    No, there is a ticket system
    Each player gets 5 tickets for 5 fights
    2 outer circles and 3 inner circles fights
    So everyone takes equal number of fights
  • @WHITEMUMMY sadly looks like kabam does not want to give feedback. Good try though.
  • Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    The thing with this is due to the lack of lanes you’d have to wait longer for people to take their fights lol. Unless it isn’t circular

@WHITEMUMMY sadly looks like kabam does not want to give feedback. Good try though.

Thanks for the kind words