**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

SUMM(confusiON)ER CAMP!

raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 521 ★★★
So this year's Summoner Appreciation is dubbed as A summONer camp.

Last few years It was:
Login-> automatically claim
This year it's:
(Login->10 wins->claim sunglasses -> claim Camp rewards -> wait for 7 days for token -> Go to shop and exchange tokens to finally get your reward) × 98!
(Additional Appreciation for paid customers)

This implementation could have been a lot better IMO.
If you really wanna have something to appreciate players then pls don't make them go through a long route. This is my opinion and feedback to kabam. If you guys feel same or anything different pls peacefully comment below

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

Last few years It was:
    This year it's:
    (Login->10 wins->claim sunglasses -> claim Camp rewards -> wait for 7 days for token -> Go to shop and exchange tokens to finally get your reward) × 98!

If you really wanna have something to appreciate players then pls don't make them go through a long route. This is my opinion and feedback to kabam. If you guys feel same or anything different pls peacefully comment below

While the implementation has some significant points of confusion which should be addressed, this also wildly overstates how much actual effort this takes once you actually get over the mental hurdles of understanding the event. What I would tell a player to do, which would be much simpler and would work out much better for them, is this:

Login every day and do at least ten fights. Then claim the solo objective.
    Occasionally claim the milestones (basically, before they expire out of the stash, just like any other reward in the game).
    Buy your stuff from the store before the event ends.

Waiting is not an actual step players have to do, unless you want to also claim the event has a step zero: wait twenty four hours for tomorrow to become today.
  • Options
    WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 780 ★★★

Last few years It was:
    This year it's:

I think it sucks but i do it anyway
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

Last few years It was:
    This year it's:

Except it's not summoner appreciation. The community has equated this event to the calendar but this was never called S.A ever by Kabam.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    My problem with this confusing system is if people spent tokens on the 4* shards not realizing that it would take away the more sought out rewards down the line. There’s no margin for error with the tokens.

Kabam should refund those tokens to people.
  • Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    Yeah I’m having none of it,..taking what rewards I get and couldn’t care less. Same goes for the side quest , although using my CAIW for so many fights sounds like a blast I’ve decided to pass.
  • Options
    whatitdobaybwhatitdobayb Posts: 40
    Honestly I feel like there was a much simpler way to do this event but trying anything simpler probably would’ve caused the game to doo doo on itself even more than it already has in the past few weeks.
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    It's an overcomplicated system that was introduced with zero-tolerance for error. Now we have enough tolerance for 7 errors (because we 'whined'), provided your error was missing the 'suspiciously incongruous objective notification'. Buy something without doing the proper mental gymnastics? RIP.

Luckily Kabam has provided us with more tolerance for error in this system that totally wasn't designed to trip you up! All you have to do is break out that debt card, lol.

This being the replacement for Summoner Appreciation (which it pretty clearly is) is tragic, and horrendous optically.

There's was no reason for this much bad blood when something like the Doubloons event was generally well regarded by most and probably brought in far more money than this... event, will approach.