**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What We're Reading: America Chavez

Greetings Summoners,

With the full release of America Chavez in the Contest today, we thought some of you might be curious to learn more about her adventures, the teams she’s been a part of, and what really makes her tick. To help out with that, we’ve gathered a few of our favorite stories about her so you can see what we’ve been reading. Hope you enjoy them!

America Chavez: Made in the U.S.A. (2021)
While some folks prefer to keep things in chronological order, I think America’s latest series is a good jumping on point for new readers interested in learning about her, her origins, where she’s at now, and where she’s headed. It's a smaller, more personal story for her than her usual dimension hopping adventures plus, as of the posting of this, you still have some time to get caught up before the final issue comes out!

West Coast Avengers (2018)
If you’re looking for some more of her classic adventures, hero team-ups, and land shark fights, you can check out her run in the West Coast Avengers!

The Ultimates (2015)
If, on the other hand, you’d like a more cosmic-scale story, it doesn’t get much bigger than this. See her team up with Captain Marvel, Blue Marvel, Black Panther, and Spectrum to deal with the fallout of the reconstitution of the Multiverse, interdimensional threats, and the Eater of Worlds himself!

Contest of Champions #7-8 (2015)
That’s right folks, this month’s event quest isn’t the first time that America (or at least a version of her) has kicked her way through the Contest! All the way back in the 2015 Contest of Champions comic, the Ultimates confront the Grandmaster, break into the Battlerealm, and fight their way through some of the first Symbioids!

Those are some of our favorite America Chavez stories, but we'd love to hear from you. If you have any arcs or issues featuring the newest Champion of the Contest that you'd like to recommend to your fellow Summoners, feel free to drop them in the comments below!
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    would definitely recommend Made in the USA , it’s far better than her other solo run (which I also own)

The first is… a mess, but Made in the USA is a solid run that I enjoy a bunch

Edit: and the 2013 Young Avengers run. She's in that and the whole thing itself is great
  • PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    Thanks for the recommendations! This is a great idea. Please do this for all new champs!
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I think this is an excellent idea to do for all new releases, especially the more niche champs. My knowledge of the Marcel universe doesn’t stretch much beyond the MCU and that’s mainly from getting stuck on one of those weird YouTube loops real-time listening to someone like ComicsExplained and still having no real idea.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    So what you’re saying is, we’re getting Spectrum and Blue Marvel in the contest eventually too???

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Maestro's head is unbelievably tiny on that cover.

• Interesting but at same time would appreciate doing same for old heroes, as well as introducing old Original comic characters in game now too, no offence but the storyline for this character isn’t that great smh,kinda forced and some people made it unnecessarily politicised
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    I heartily endorse the WCA, Ultimates (and Ultimates squared) and Contest comics recommended here. They're brilliant.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★

Interesting but at same time would appreciate doing same for old heroes, as well as introducing old Original comic characters in game now too, no offence but the storyline for this character isn’t that great smh,kinda forced and some people made it unnecessarily politicised

Just because YOU don't like that character or storyline doesn't mean others don't. Your free to skip it and see what comes next.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I thought it would be a response to the comments of her underwhelming performance. But hey, one can only hope!

I might look her up, but I just don't have the time to read comics, nor are there any available in Europe.

• Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★

I thought it would be a response to the comments of her underwhelming performance. But hey, one can only hope!

I might look her up, but I just don't have the time to read comics, nor are there any available in Europe.

dude, you can buy the trade paperbacks or get Comixology and read them digitally.