**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Trading in Class Cat 4 Crystals Good deal or No?

LiquidkoldLiquidkold Posts: 192 ★★
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Just as the title says. Do you think this months deal to trade in 4 Class Cat 4 Crystals for 2% of a T5CC crystal is a good deal??? I am a little lost what to think. What is your opinion on this??
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    My problem is I have over 400 Class 4 crystals. I only open them when I need them and I usually have so many map crystals or other ways to get those resources. The only thing I want right now is T5CC. I think it is a bad deal but I want more r3. Just to have them. I do not need them. I already have 14 with 2 more T5CC to use currently. I have 2 more from summer of pain and almost ready to form one more. But it is the chase resource. This is why I Struggling on the deal. It seems bad but I still might get sucked into it for some of them.
  • Options
    Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    No, it’s horrible ngl. That’s the equivalent of selling 1 T4CC to get only 0.5% of a T5CC, and I’m very low on T4CC right now
  • Options
    Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    I need 3% mystic t5cc for thronebreaker so this definitely caught my attention. When does this go live?
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    If you have T4cc coming out your ears it’ll be worth it. If you’re trying to rank 6*s and t4cc are one of the rarer resources then likely not
  • Options
    Jeal79 said:

I need 3% mystic t5cc for thronebreaker so this definitely caught my attention. When does this go live?

LEGENDS TRADE-IN STORE

Start: August 23, 2021 @ 10AM (PT)
    End: August 30, 2021 @ 10AM (PT)

Don’t miss this limited time opportunity to trade in your materials for an upgrade!

For example:
    Trade 4 x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal for 1 x T5 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal (2%)
    Trade 5 x Gold Crystals for 1 x Uncollected Gold Crystals
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Imagine if it were only available to players with a legends tag.. lol
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Players who are close to TB (less than 5%) will be happy about this
  • Options
    ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    xNig said:

Imagine if it were only available to players with a legends tag.. lol

I thought that when I first read it and went man their is going to be some angry people.
  • Options
    yuwyuw Posts: 316 ★★
    3000 glory for 5% t5cc essentially
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,660 Guardian
    I really like the deal because I'm in your boat where I have 109 t4cc and I literally never open them. The only class I'm low on t4cc is mutant, all the others are pretty much maxed. I'm really excited for this because I have enough t4cc for pretty much half a t5cc which goes a long ways towards ranking up the champions I want to rank up to r3 but can't.
  • Options
    ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    To each their own but I'm not a fan of this deal. Sell all my t4c for t5c. Now can't rank my 6 because I got no t4c. I might think differently if I only needed one or 2 to finish a t5c but at the moment I need more than that.
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I guess you could call it a steal?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

Pikolu said:

I really like the deal because I'm in your boat where I have 109 t4cc and I literally never open them. The only class I'm low on t4cc is mutant, all the others are pretty much maxed. I'm really excited for this because I have enough t4cc for pretty much half a t5cc which goes a long ways towards ranking up the champions I want to rank up to r3 but can't.

109 is nothing. You will get to a point where you can regularly rank 6* and then you will see just how quickly t4cc is getting drained. Its about as bad a trade as you can ever do. 2% of a random class is nothing
    15 per rank 3 can burn them up quickly, and the day is coming when we'll be doing rank 4s which will take (starting from rank 1) probably at least 24 T4CCs per champ. 109 is about four such rank ups.

I used to think this as well, since I never opened T4CC. But once R3 became a thing, that equation has shifted. While I still have a lot of T4CC crystals, I've actually opened many of them to fill in catalysts I've needed. That resource went from being a net positive build up to a net negative drain. I now see the 175 T4CC unopened crystals I currently have as a non-renewable resource (I think the maximum I ever had was over 300).

I also have 3095 fragment crystals, but that's also down from over 4000. They are going down slowly, but they are going downward.
  • Options
    Let me rephrase what DNA said.

Let’s say you have 200 T4CC crystals sitting in your inventory, that’s a full T5CC you’ll be able to get since it’s 200/4 * 0.02 = 1.

It’s 45,000 fragments, over 6 classes, since you get them in 2% crystals. Divided down, it’s 7,500 T5CC fragments per class.

Will that make a significant difference to those ranking multiple R3s? Hardly.

The difference that it’ll make is when you run out of T4CC from ranking 6*s, you’ll sit there twiddling your thumbs and wonder why it is so.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    These are fragment crystals, so I won't waste my t4cc. If these were selectors I'd definitely get a few I need.
  • Options

Pikolu said:

109 is nothing. You will get to a point where you can regularly rank 6* and then you will see just how quickly t4cc is getting drained. Its about as bad a trade as you can ever do. 2% of a random class is nothing
    Bold of you to assume that I get enough iso to regularly rank up 6* champions. Seriously, I have Venonpool to r2 and r3, just got Angela as a 6* and also just got 5* herc and Angela is level 1, venompool is level 17, and I could barely get herc to r3. I also have rank up gems from beat 7.1 and 7.2 which I chose to not use because I have 19 t4cc in pretty much every class but mutant.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Pikolu said:

15 per rank 3 can burn them up quickly, and the day is coming when we'll be doing rank 4s which will take (starting from rank 1) probably at least 24 T4CCs per champ. 109 is about four such rank ups.

I used to think this as well, since I never opened T4CC. But once R3 became a thing, that equation has shifted. While I still have a lot of T4CC crystals, I've actually opened many of them to fill in catalysts I've needed. That resource went from being a net positive build up to a net negative drain. I now see the 175 T4CC unopened crystals I currently have as a non-renewable resource (I think the maximum I ever had was over 300).

I also have 3095 fragment crystals, but that's also down from over 4000. They are going down slowly, but they are going downward.
    I also happen to have the sigil because I really like sigil witch and trading in 50 fragment crystals for a t4cc is a really nice deal.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Pikolu said:

DNA3000 said:

Pikolu said:

I also happen to have the sigil because I really like sigil witch and trading in 50 fragment crystals for a t4cc is a really nice deal.
    You do know the fragment crystals give you 2% per crystal so 50 x 2% = 100%, meaning there’s no difference?

You won’t be stuck in an iso problem for very long as your roster deepens and you dupe more 4*s.

Anyway, it’s just our advice as end game players. Feel free to not listen to it. What do we know? 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    I have 50 or so t4cc crystals that are just collecting dust, so I can definitely spare a few. The t4cc crystals are nice to have if you ever do need specific t4ccs, though, so I don't want to trade away too many of them. Due to the RNG aspect of opening them, stocking up on a specific type of t4cc usually take quite a few crystals so when you do use them, you use a lot.

However, I really hope that there is some kind of similar trade-in regarding t4cc fragment crystals. I have over a thousand of those.
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Pikolu said:

15 per rank 3 can burn them up quickly, and the day is coming when we'll be doing rank 4s which will take (starting from rank 1) probably at least 24 T4CCs per champ.
    Rank 3 to rank 4 does not take any t4cc at all.

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I'm sitting on a hoard of them so I'm game.
  • Options
    Maltyo9Maltyo9 Posts: 270 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

DNA3000 said:

Pikolu said:

Just FYI, opening those t4cc fragment crystals helps your alliance for the weekly Summoner Advancement, but opening full t4CC doesn't...
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Maltyo9 said:

Pikolu said:

DNA3000 said:

Pikolu said:

Just FYI, opening those t4cc fragment crystals helps your alliance for the weekly Summoner Advancement, but opening full t4CC doesn't...
    They also take the patience of opening hundreds of them.
  • Options
    Maltyo9Maltyo9 Posts: 270 ★★★

Maltyo9 said:

Pikolu said:

DNA3000 said:

Pikolu said:

They also take the patience of opening hundreds of them.

Agreed, but when your alliance is on the cusp of hitting that next reward tier with 1 hour left, and you're sitting on 1400+ t4cc fragment crystals lol...
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Terrible deal, if you don’t have t4cc issues now you likely will in the future, not worth it at all imo
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

Terrible deal, if you don’t have t4cc issues now you likely will in the future, not worth it at all imo

You noticed that only the end game players are saying “don’t do it” while the rest are happy with being able to do so? 😂