**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Grandmaster preparation help.

IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
During both today and yesterday, I managed to complete 6.4.1 - 6.4.5. Now all that’s left is the grandmaster. I’ve watched a few videos, but was wondering what help people on the forums can provide. Which path should I take? What champs should be on my team? How many units, strategies, etc.

Roster-

Potions and revives- (you can also see my unit count as of right now)

Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    I would take tenacity with doom and claire, for other 3 spots bring cap iw, prof x for reverse controls, and maybe hit monkey for the damage.

Watch a couple guides on him KT1, Seatin, MSD, MCOC NOOB have some really good ones to watch, he is a very skill based fight, champions with easy access to DOT effects are really good here (Colossus parrying, Quake blocking count!) If you go in blind you will end up getting wrecked, so please watch the guides, it is important to learn about the phases (100% - 80%, 79% - 30%, 29% - 1%, 1%) and Tokens of Competence vs Tokens of Blunder and Wounded Phase.

The GM bypasses Evade and Miss, he also has a health pool of 9 million but do not be intimidated.

Phase 1 - 100% - 80% There are 3 challenges, Ban Parry, Ban dexterity, Ban light attacks, after you complete each of these challenges he will instantly gain a sp1 which you need to evade / block / get hit in any given order. Blue Icon = Block the beam, Red Icon = Get hit by the beat, Green Icon = Dex the beam. After the sp1 he becomes wounded for 8 seconds increasing your damage by 150% per each token of competence you have. You gain 1 token of competence charge for each successful intercept you make during the phase. If you ban a tactic then you do that tactic while it is banned you gain 1 token of blunder charge. After 5 tokens of blunder he gains a sp3 and game over, tokens of blunder reset after each phase or fight. Tokens of Competence reset after every wounded phase or fight. If you do not attempt an attack in 10 seconds then you will degenerate until you attempt an attack.

Phase 2 79% - 30% This is the easiest and the longest phase, After 5 successful "challenges" completed the Grandmaster is wounded for 7 seconds, these challenges include, "Perform an Intercept" "Gain a Buff" "Land a critical hit" "Inflict a damage over time effect" and "Whiff an Attack" If you fail to complete a challenge then you gain a token of blunder, after 5 he gains a special 3 and game over. During this phase the special 1 has the same 3 icons to either block/dex/get hit. But It can occur more than once so you can have 2 dexes in one special so you must pay attention. Although this phase may seem long it is by far the easiest. The GM gains power by combat power rate in this phase.

Phase 3 29% - 1% This is the hardest phase due to reverse controls, now you can bring a champion who is immune to reverse controls like Emma frost with Mysterio Synergy, Professor X or Mr Sinister and this phase will be quite easy, or you can practice inverted controls in 6.3.1 or 6.1.6. Champions with a psychic resistance, like magneto, juggs etc, are not immune to reverse controls so do not bring them specifically for that phase. After you complete 5 challenges he will go wounded for 6 seconds, you have normal controls for 25.5 seconds and then are in reverse controls for 8.5 seconds. If you do not feel comfortable with reverse controls then I recommend you spam dash back. Challenges in this phase include "Stand Still" "Strike My Block" "Dash back" “Knock me Down” and "Perform a perfect block" If you fail a challenge then you gain a Token Of Blunder, after 5 tokens It is game over. The GM has passive power gain in this phase, so he may be stingy with specials.

Phase 4 1% The GM is unstoppable for 18 seconds, after 18 seconds the Grandmaster is permanently wounded and can only be killed by a sp3 which you instantly gain after he is wounded. You can disable this unstoppable for 2.5 seconds if you successfully perform an intercept, if you do not like this method you can spam dash back in the corner.