**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Nexus Cav Crystals

Comments

• Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Mr_Holl87 said:

YoMoves said:

Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

Everyone's doing incorrect math here.

Those odds are *per spin of the crystal*.

Each nexus spins *three times*.

Thus, it's a 1% chance three times. Therefore the average rounds out to be roughly the same as a regular cav, except you get to pick the best option available. How else did I get 6 5*s at a supposedly 10% chance?

3 rolls of 1% is mathematically worse than 1 roll of 3% just fyi. This is completely shady and misleading. If the intention was to make that the drop rates then that should have been made clear
    Still nothing shady or misleading. In fact, the odds are higher than advertised. If you bought it, that's on you. The odds were posted there and you chose to buy it without looking, man.

Again, I still argue that even without the cavs it was a perfectly fine deal. 2.5 6* crystals at below market value. All the same, I still think this is better as you get to pick the best option out of 3 picks, and my results showed as I only turned up a single 3* despite a supposed 50% 3* drop rate. Looked fine on my end, chief.
    The one player who got Kabam CEO luck is defending Kabam on shady business tactics during the worst player morale this game has ever seen. Not even ironic. Lol
    Let's do some math here. Bear with me.

The nexus spins three times, correct?

So, the odds of NOT getting a 6* on any singular spin is 99/100 on this particular crystal.

The nexus, therefore, has odds of not getting a 6* of (99/100)^3, or 99/100 three times.

This comes out to about 970299/1000000, or .970299. To put it layman's terms, 97.03%.

Therefore, the odds of *getting* a 6* ar 1-.970299, or about 2.97%.

Slightly lower, yes. But this is offset by the fact that you get to choose the best result of those crystals.

A 3* has a 50% drop rate per crystal, right?

(1/2)^3 is 1/8. You have only a 1/8 chance to actually get a 3* in this crystal.

Odds are deceptively much better than everyone is making them out to be here....
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

Thus, it's a 1% chance three times. Therefore the average rounds out to be roughly the same as a regular cav, except you get to pick the best option available. How else did I get 6 5*s at a supposedly 10% chance?

3 rolls of 1% is mathematically worse than 1 roll of 3% just fyi. This is completely shady and misleading. If the intention was to make that the drop rates then that should have been made clear
    Still nothing shady or misleading. In fact, the odds are higher than advertised. If you bought it, that's on you. The odds were posted there and you chose to buy it without looking, man.

Again, I still argue that even without the cavs it was a perfectly fine deal. 2.5 6* crystals at below market value. All the same, I still think this is better as you get to pick the best option out of 3 picks, and my results showed as I only turned up a single 3* despite a supposed 50% 3* drop rate. Looked fine on my end, chief.
    It is shady and misleading saying it's a nexus cav crystal and then not saying they cut the odds by 2/3.

And I have no idea where you got the idea that the odds are higher then advertised. Because even if they were you would have no idea bud
    No idea, huh? Check the math I just provided.
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

It is shady and misleading saying it's a nexus cav crystal and then not saying they cut the odds by 2/3.

And I have no idea where you got the idea that the odds are higher then advertised. Because even if they were you would have no idea bud
    A good chance of not getting a 3 star does not justify lowering 6 star drop rates period. I don't care how you try to back this move by kabam because 2.97 is lower than 3.0 no matter how you try to put it.
    That's your take on it. I personally was perfectly fine with it. You made an uninformed decision when the math was there-less chance of the big prize but much lesser chance of the booby prize. You're unhappy? That's your own fault at that point. If you had done the research, it was all there, and I see it as perfectly fair.
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

YoMoves said:

Mr_Holl87 said:

YoMoves said:

Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

The one player who got Kabam CEO luck is defending Kabam on shady business tactics during the worst player morale this game has ever seen. Not even ironic. Lol

So, the odds of NOT getting a 6* on any singular spin is 99/100 on this particular crystal.

The nexus, therefore, has odds of not getting a 6* of (99/100)^3, or 99/100 three times.

This comes out to about 970299/1000000, or .970299. To put it layman's terms, 97.03%.

Slightly lower, yes. But this is offset by the fact that you get to choose the best result of those crystals.

(1/2)^3 is 1/8. You have only a 1/8 chance to actually get a 3* in this crystal.

Odds are deceptively much better than everyone is making them out to be here....
    So it's 0.03% lower than the regular drop rates, and the regular drop rates are 3% 3 times, which have been around for months with no change? And the offer didn't specify that the cav drop rates are lower than normal? I don't care what way you spin it, that's either really shady or a big mistake
    ? Regular drop rates don't spin the *same* crystal three times.

Nexuses do, mate. Nexus cavs haven't been around for 'months' as you say-this is a very rare release. Regular cavs don't get the 'three times' treatment, as each nexus crystal is taking the individual odds and repeating it three times as opposed to one, then presenting the results for you to choose.

To couple with that, the offer DID have the information readily available. I've taken to clicking on the crystal in offers every time to check rates. It's not like they ever hid that information. It's like when people sell their soul in joke 'terms and service' agreements-it's not the company's fault that you didn't read an easily accessible bit of information.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    YoMoves said:

Crcrcrc said:

YoMoves said:

Mr_Holl87 said:

YoMoves said:

Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

So it's 0.03% lower than the regular drop rates, and the regular drop rates are 3% 3 times, which have been around for months with no change? And the offer didn't specify that the cav drop rates are lower than normal? I don't care what way you spin it, that's either really shady or a big mistake

Nexuses do, mate. Nexus cavs haven't been around for 'months' as you say-this is a very rare release. Regular cavs don't get the 'three times' treatment, as each nexus crystal is taking the individual odds and repeating it three times as opposed to one, then presenting the results for you to choose.
    I seem to remember nexus class cavs being released at the higher drop rate ages ago. Either way, 10 nexus cavs at those odds is literally worse than 10 of the basic cavs now
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

YoMoves said:

Crcrcrc said:

YoMoves said:

Mr_Holl87 said:

YoMoves said:

Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

I seem to remember nexus class cavs being released at the higher drop rate ages ago. Either way, 10 nexus cavs at those odds is literally worse than 10 of the basic cavs now
    At hitting the 6*? Possibly. But you will hit fewer 3 and 4*s at the same time over a general basis and hit more 5*s. It's not shady at all-if anything, you are getting more resources per crystal than a 10-set of cavs if the process were to be repeated a large number of times.

As my comment edit got sent to 'approval' purgatory, let's break it down a little bit more.

They didn't hide this information at all. It was all present from the offer screen for anyone to click on and read before purchasing. To not do so is like ignoring the 'terms and service' agreement and clicking agree. If you sold your soul somewhere in there, it's your fault for not informing yourself, legally speaking.

Perhaps a bad example. However, I don't see these as 'shady'. They weren't advertised as 'better than a normal cav crystal'-they were advertised as 'we spin these odds three times, then pick one!' The odds were presented for you to see and make a decision yourself. If you bought without checking, not their fault when they made it readily available, right?
  • Options
    AlmccarthyAlmccarthy Posts: 98
    grfvb said:

Crcrcrc said:

YoMoves said:

Mr_Holl87 said:

YoMoves said:

Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

So it's 0.03% lower than the regular drop rates, and the regular drop rates are 3%, which have been around for months with no change, and which are rolled 3 times for a nexus? And the offer didn't specify that the cav drop rates are lower than normal? I don't care what way you spin it, that's either really shady or a big mistake
    that's not what he is saying lol.. the math indicates the chance of pulling a 6* from nexus crystal is 2.97% comparing to regular cav 3% the slight drop is to compensate for the benefit of having 3x spins in nexus and choose the best option - nothing shady or mistake.. just bunch of people panicking and not understanding high school math - i am sure kabam will release a statement tomorrow with the same explanation yet people will still fail to understand
    Yes the math is correct but that's not the point, they released daily £5 deals before with class nexus cavs in with the updated drop rates. Why change it now without saying anything or making it apparent
  • Options
    Jaymix79Jaymix79 Posts: 233 ★★★
    It’s the old drop rates. The 3* rate is the same and the 4* rate is higher than normal Cavs. It’s incorrect.
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

A good chance of not getting a 3 star does not justify lowering 6 star drop rates period. I don't care how you try to back this move by kabam because 2.97 is lower than 3.0 no matter how you try to put it.
    That's your take on it. I personally was perfectly fine with it. You made an uninformed decision when the math was there-less chance of the big prize but much lesser chance of the booby prize. You're unhappy? That's your own fault at that point. If you had done the research, it was all there, and I see it as perfectly fair.
    grfvb said:

Crcrcrc said:

YoMoves said:

Mr_Holl87 said:

YoMoves said:

Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

So it's 0.03% lower than the regular drop rates, and the regular drop rates are 3%, which have been around for months with no change, and which are rolled 3 times for a nexus? And the offer didn't specify that the cav drop rates are lower than normal? I don't care what way you spin it, that's either really shady or a big mistake
    that's not what he is saying lol.. the math indicates the chance of pulling a 6* from nexus crystal is 2.97% comparing to regular cav 3% the slight drop is to compensate for the benefit of having 3x spins in nexus and choose the best option - nothing shady or mistake.. just bunch of people panicking and not understanding high school math - i am sure kabam will release a statement tomorrow with the same explanation yet people will still fail to understand
    So the cry

grfvb said:

Crcrcrc said:

YoMoves said:

Mr_Holl87 said:

YoMoves said:

Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

Yes the math is correct but that's not the point, they released daily £5 deals before with class nexus cavs in with the updated drop rates. Why change it now without saying anything or making it apparent
    Exactly this makes your point moot @YoMoves

The last time they released nexus cavs they had updated drop rates. So that would be considered the norm.

Why weren't you on here fighting for them to lower the drop rates last time they put out nexus cavs?
    This, I do see as an interesting point. However, as those aren't available *now*, I can't properly calculate the odds. If someone has a screenshot, I could look at it, but for the time being I figure the likeliest scenario is they still calculated joint odds on those and presented them as usual, or there was an oversight. To change it now would be a bit shortsighted, yes, though the standpoint is still that these are regular cav crystals as opposed to class ones. I recall actually having better overall luck on these than the class nexii, but that's merely anecdotal. I'd need to see hard numbers or administrative clarification at that point.
  • Options
    AlmccarthyAlmccarthy Posts: 98
    grfvb said:

grfvb said:

Crcrcrc said:

YoMoves said:

Mr_Holl87 said:

YoMoves said:

Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

i cant recall nexus crystals with updated drop rates tbh. so cant argue here.. i am assuming the drop rate in that small "i" icon is for a single spin.. but if it meant to be for the whole nexus i.e. all 3 spins
    then yeh could be a mistake - will see soon
    I can't remember when it was exactly but I purchased a few myself and they 100% had the updated drop rates in them
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

This thread is like salt in the wound. I got all 3*s and a daredevil og.

Thanks for the 2019 nexus crystals kabam your horrible.

Why did you not tell is the rates in advance or make the crystal a different color.

What makes you think you wouldn't have gotten all 3*s either way?
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

grfvb said:

Crcrcrc said:

YoMoves said:

Mr_Holl87 said:

YoMoves said:

Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

So the cry

grfvb said:

Crcrcrc said:

YoMoves said:

Mr_Holl87 said:

YoMoves said:

Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

Exactly this makes your point moot @YoMoves

The last time they released nexus cavs they had updated drop rates. So that would be considered the norm.

Why weren't you on here fighting for them to lower the drop rates last time they put out nexus cavs?
    This, I do see as an interesting point. However, as those aren't available *now*, I can't properly calculate the odds. If someone has a screenshot, I could look at it, but for the time being I figure the likeliest scenario is they still calculated joint odds on those and presented them as usual, or there was an oversight. To change it now would be a bit shortsighted, yes, though the standpoint is still that these are regular cav crystals as opposed to class ones. I recall actually having better overall luck on these than the class nexii, but that's merely anecdotal. I'd need to see hard numbers or administrative clarification at that point.
    There is also another thread on the forums now where they show a screenshot of a nexus phc that has it's updated drop rates. Why aren't they reduced to 1% like the cav?
    I was hoping you'd read my comment properly, but since you didn't, I'll reiterate.

"The likeliest scenario is they still calculated joint odds on those and presented them as usual, or there was an oversight."

However, since I'm not Kabam, I can't confirm that.

If that is the case, however, my point will remain standing. Until then, we can only wait for Kabam themselves to chime in. I would hold your anger until then, alright?

Let's keep debate civil and not refrain to name-calling.
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Where did I name-call someone lol

I could sense tensions rising. Best to de-escalate and preempt before things get out of hand, as I've seen forum posts do.
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

Zan0 said:

Where did I name-call someone lol

I could sense tensions rising. Best to de-escalate and preempt before things get out of hand, as I've seen forum posts do.
    Why did you then feel the need of calling someone chief lmao

Anyway I'm leaving this discussion here until we see an official response
    I use neutral nicknames like that when I'm trying to be civil amidst the chaos. I'd say things settled down a fair bit since the debate started, no? Since we've got everything wrapped up, let's just see what officials have to say....
  • Options
    CoolAPCCoolAPC Posts: 25
    edited August 2021
    @Kabam Miike this was a predatory offer. I was so tempted not to purchase due to the game being broken, but went for it anyway. Only pulled one five star and no six stars from the cavs… and now I understand why. I feel cheated and I don’t plan on spending money any time soon again on this game. Let me clarify, I’m not upset because I had bad luck… I’m upset because Kabam snuck in the old drop rates to a crystal that changed ages ago. This is incredibly shady.
  • Options
    ExHavokExHavok Posts: 518 ★★★
    They updated the Cavalier drop rates. It's now 4.5% , that doesn't mean if u open nexus you can just put old rates to cav crystals. If I knew those cav crystals had old rates I wouldn't buy the deal. I saw 10 nexus cavs and be like "woah that's a really, really good deal , let's take advantage", till I see MSD's tweet few hours ago , I had no idea.
  • Options
    flygamerflygamer Posts: 345 ★★
    3 5*s in the cavs and ronin for the 6*. Whoopee
  • Options
    CoolAPC said:

@Kabam Miike this was a predatory offer. I was so tempted not to purchase due to the game being broken, but went for it anyway. Only pulled one five star and no six stars from the cavs… and now I understand why. I feel cheated and I don’t plan on spending money any time soon again on this game. Let me clarify, I’m not upset because I had bad luck… I’m upset because Kabam snuck in the old drop rates to a crystal that changed ages ago. This is incredibly shady.

..so you KNEW the rates were what they were, bought it anyways, and now are mad about shadiness? Dude. That's ENTIRELY your own fault.
  • Options
    HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    The real mistake imo was not naming them Cavalier Nerfxus Crystals
    I'm kidding
  • Options
    CoolAPCCoolAPC Posts: 25
    YoMoves said:

CoolAPC said:

..so you KNEW the rates were what they were, bought it anyways, and now are mad about shadiness? Dude. That's ENTIRELY your own fault.
    Wait what? No! I didn’t know! I was confused with my bad pulls but just figured I had bad luck. I’m mad now that I am realizing from this forum thread that I purchased crystals with deceiving drop rates! I didn’t check them before purchase because the “new” cav drop rates aren’t new anymore and I didn’t even consider that they wouldn’t be the correct rates!