**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Nexus Cav drop rates [Merged]

Comments

• Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,021 ★★★★★
    grfvb said:

Wicket329 said:

grfvb said:

YoMoves said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that these cav crystals are not the ones that were wrong.

I think it may have been the *class* nexii that were wrong.

I am still of a mind that the 4.5% drop rate on the nexus class crystals were erroneously placed there and that the original drop rate was supposed to be the 1.5% over three spins of a single crystal, exactly how the ones bought yesterday are currently. I am of the mind that someone at Kabam simply oversighted and did not properly do the math/adjust the rates properly on the last set, and that these are actually correct. In which case, this is a bevy of whining about absolutely nothing, and the only possible gripes would be with the class nexus deals (which, as I recall, most people were pretty happy with.)

But that's speculation. Can't know until someone who is paid to know lets US know. All I'm saying is don't jump to the worst possible conclusions and set the forums on fire searching for a scapegoat. If they messed up, given the (mostly premature at this moment) outrage, they'll likely come out and say it. If not, then you're likely going to get mad anyways, and I can't stop you, but know it'd be over nothing at all in that scenario...

agreed 1000x here mate.. giving 4.5% on single spin is ridic op
    4.5% is the current 6* drop rate for Featured Cavalier crystals per spin. These are basics, so it should be a 3% 6* drop rate per spin.
    yeh but that's too good no if it was nexus and u got 3 spins.. that's 8.74% chance of getting a 6*
    It

Kd101 said:

I have been thinking about this. So here is my analogy.

If I go to the store to buy a coke or Pepsi and I pay for it open it in the car and drink it. Only for it to taste weird. I then turn the bottle on to the back and in very fine print it says diet flavor.

Now the front package is identical. Would you trust you were getting a coke? And would it be your fault for not reading the back first to make sure it was regular not diet?

Cause these crystals were diet.

But that's not what happened at all. We all know where to check drop rates. They didn't try and hide it by putting the rates in a different spot or anything. They were there for everyone one to check.

It's not bait and switch. It's not even shady. I'm almost 100% certain Miike said in the past that Cav nexus crystals weren't going to be updated, but I am not certain. I feel this came up before.
    You are incorrect sir. It was not clear. It had to be researched. Hence it’s not clear. Clear would be stated on front of the advert. Old cav crystals for sale. Not new. And packaging was the same
    By "researched" you mean clicking on the icon in the deals screen and seeing the drop rates like you always?
    Did you not read up top? That is called fine print….. something one would be more likely to realize after everything is over and the mistake would have been made. The whole point is that something that simple and easy to neglect shouldn’t have been that way.
    Sure, call it fine print. Every single offer is exactly the same. The drop rates are never posted out in the open ever. You always have to click on the icon to see them. So there's no research. They didn't do anything out of the ordinary. You all are literally trying to fit a round peg in a square hole to support your conspiracy theory.
    I mean, my theory is just that somebody made a mistake. As conspiracy theories go, it’s pretty tame.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Kd101 said:

If I go to the store to buy a coke or Pepsi and I pay for it open it in the car and drink it. Only for it to taste weird. I then turn the bottle on to the back and in very fine print it says diet flavor.

Now the front package is identical. Would you trust you were getting a coke? And would it be your fault for not reading the back first to make sure it was regular not diet?

But that's not what happened at all. We all know where to check drop rates. They didn't try and hide it by putting the rates in a different spot or anything. They were there for everyone one to check.

It's not bait and switch. It's not even shady. I'm almost 100% certain Miike said in the past that Cav nexus crystals weren't going to be updated, but I am not certain. I feel this came up before.
    You are incorrect sir. It was not clear. It had to be researched. Hence it’s not clear. Clear would be stated on front of the advert. Old cav crystals for sale. Not new. And packaging was the same
    By "researched" you mean clicking on the icon in the deals screen and seeing the drop rates like you always?
    Did you not read up top? That is called fine print….. something one would be more likely to realize after everything is over and the mistake would have been made. The whole point is that something that simple and easy to neglect shouldn’t have been that way.
    Sure, call it fine print. Every single offer is exactly the same. The drop rates are never posted out in the open ever. You always have to click on the icon to see them. So there's no research. They didn't do anything out of the ordinary. You all are literally trying to fit a round peg in a square hole to support your conspiracy theory.
    So you're saying the crystal was meant to have the old drop rates?
  • Options
    Kd101Kd101 Posts: 122
    Kabam was within their rights but that won’t change players opinions of how it was a bit shady and misleading.
  • Options
    Clearly all offers aren’t the same if these were different…. If they were the standard we wouldn’t have a problem.
  • Options
    The standard being new drop rates ever since they were posted. I don’t believe it would be a bad deal if they just told us instead of making us figure it out for ourselves. People were trusting Kabam to buff cavs.
  • Options
    Duo_KulioDuo_Kulio Posts: 182 ★★
    Old cavalier crystals should not exist so someone who bought the offer was convinced that it was "normal" cavalier crystals and such a person may feel cheated
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    Kd101 said:

Kd101 said:

Dude this isn’t a standard… you think nexus cavs after a drop rate buff is normal and something that has set rules that everyone knows? No, it is something not done before and needs explaining. Especially since it has been so long since the buffed chances. If it was right after that then it would be another matter. Posted and having to check are too different things. Stop acting like the rates automatically pop up when you look at the generic cav. We have already discussed that these nexus cavs are still cavs just with nexus put before them. One still has to do research to figure out if they are different.
    I'm not acting like they pop up. I'm literally telling you they don't and never have. You all are claiming bait and switch or something shady. I'm saying it's not because the info is in the same spot it's always been like every other offer.
  • Options
    edited August 2021

Kd101 said:

Yes. That's exactly what I said. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Let me guess, this issue somehow effects your top 30 AQ alliance and you have people quitting because of it?
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

Kd101 said:

What I don't get about this argument is that it's utterly pointless until we know if it was a mistake. But then, when has that ever stopped anyone?
    Completely agree. All people are doing is speculating which is creating misinformation.
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 840 ★★★★
    I completely understand why people feel scammed by drop rates in the Nexus crystals. Against the backdrop of a game blighted by performance issues for many, especially those on iOS, it’s a strange move if intended.

On one hand I get why some would automatically assume drop rates would be same as the latest Cav crystals… but on the other hand I don’t understand why anyone would spend $50 without checking drop rates first.

Mixed feelings on this one…assuming the drop rates were intended I do think Kabam should have done more to make it explicitly clear the crystals had the old drop rates.
    But equally I think those who bought the deal have to take some responsibility for not checking before buying.
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★

Wicket329 said:

grfvb said:

Wicket329 said:

grfvb said:

YoMoves said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that these cav crystals are not the ones that were wrong.

I am still of a mind that the 4.5% drop rate on the nexus class crystals were erroneously placed there and that the original drop rate was supposed to be the 1.5% over three spins of a single crystal, exactly how the ones bought yesterday are currently. I am of the mind that someone at Kabam simply oversighted and did not properly do the math/adjust the rates properly on the last set, and that these are actually correct. In which case, this is a bevy of whining about absolutely nothing, and the only possible gripes would be with the class nexus deals (which, as I recall, most people were pretty happy with.)

But that's speculation. Can't know until someone who is paid to know lets US know. All I'm saying is don't jump to the worst possible conclusions and set the forums on fire searching for a scapegoat. If they messed up, given the (mostly premature at this moment) outrage, they'll likely come out and say it. If not, then you're likely going to get mad anyways, and I can't stop you, but know it'd be over nothing at all in that scenario...

4.5% is the current 6* drop rate for Featured Cavalier crystals per spin. These are basics, so it should be a 3% 6* drop rate per spin.
    yeh but that's too good no if it was nexus and u got 3 spins.. that's 8.74% chance of getting a 6*
    It

Kd101 said:

I mean, my theory is just that somebody made a mistake. As conspiracy theories go, it’s pretty tame.
    Well prof Hoff is making vids on it so brace yourself.
    What doesn't he make videos on?
  • Options
    SlumpGod said:

Clicking on the drop rate button counts as research?
    Yes. It was not advertised otherwise.
  • Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    Everytime I waste units on featured cavs now I expect the rates to be the new rates. I don’t check everytime because I shouldn’t have too. If I bought them one day and found out they changed the rates I’d be pissed. Yes the rates were probably posted by why need to continue to check a drop rate that should be consistent. Like did anyone check if the 6* offered was a 6* or like mentioned above and some weird version of it. No, no one checked because a 6* crystal should be consistent. As should a cav or cav nexus
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,303 ★★★★★

Rookiie said:

I'm not entirely convinced it's supposed to be the new Drop Rates. It was never specified. The Nexus is a different Crystal. There was only an assumption it would be thus far. We'll have to wait and see what they say.

It's the same crystal with 3 options. Why would it be any different? Because of the name?
    The drop rates have to do with it being a Cavalier crystal.
    The Nexus bit only implies that multiple options are provided.
    Well, the Announcement only mentions Generic and Featured. Nothing about Nexus.
    They charge a premium for a nexus not because of the odds but the choice between 3 different champions. If a nexus six star is better than a regular six star then it is implied that a cavalier nexus should be better then a regular cavalier. Not equal to or inferior to a regular cavalier. I did not purchase this offer but I can absolutely see why people are upset that the drop rates are lower than the regular cavalier crystals.
  • Options
    SlumpGod said:

Kd101 said:

SlumpGod said:

Clicking on the drop rate button counts as research?
    Yes. It was not advertised otherwise.
    Still, clicking a button doesn't count as research.
    Differing opinions then
  • Options

Everytime I waste units on featured cavs now I expect the rates to be the new rates. I don’t check everytime because I shouldn’t have too. If I bought them one day and found out they changed the rates I’d be pissed. Yes the rates were probably posted by why need to continue to check a drop rate that should be consistent. Like did anyone check if the 6* offered was a 6* or like mentioned above and some weird version of it. No, no one checked because a 6* crystal should be consistent. As should a cav or cav nexus

It was specifically announced. Cav nexus crystals were not.
  • Options
    grfvb said:

Wicket329 said:

grfvb said:

Wicket329 said:

grfvb said:

YoMoves said:

It

Kd101 said:

is he? great entertainment incoming then thought he was fine with it - even watched him calling it best daily offer ever?
    He has another one on the drop rates. I'm not clicking on the video because I don't want to give him the views.
  • Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    I check the drop rates of all the crystals I buy with units or otherwise,..just to make sure ( and sometimes cause I forget). I don’t even see the argument here , just a bunch of careless people crying about it and trying to blame the game developer for their carelessness…smh
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    So much arguing for nothing.

If you feel you got screwed over send a ticket. If you didn’t buy it/or were happy with it why are you trying to convince others it was their fault. Pointless arguments both sides.

Let kabam deal with it and move on. Absolutely nothing comes from arguing amongst each other.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,303 ★★★★★
    Catmanndo said:

Don’t feed the trolls, they’re ravenous 👋😈
    Once again, are you players defending Kabam purchasers of this TB DAILY CARD?
    I find it funny you’re debating mathematical statistics, ethics and legality, but why?
    Kabam is a big company and can defend itself, you’re just playing devils advocate to start drama, that’s obvious.
    This isn’t a player vs player issue, it’s a player vs Kabam issue.
    Thanks and have a nice day ✌️😬

Listen to this intelligent person. Follow his advice.
    I hope you keep posting on the forums. There is a shortage of intelligent people!! They are by far a very rare commodity over here.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

grfvb said:

Wicket329 said:

grfvb said:

YoMoves said:

It

Kd101 said:

What doesn't he make videos on?
    Facts.
This discussion has been closed.