**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Which 5* Cosmic champ to awaken and max out?

Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips
This rank up is not a matter of prestige or AW. In the monthly cavalier quests, there's that one map that has cosmic grit. Where you need to use a cosmic champ that reaches a total of either 3 fury, armor up, or precision buffs to pass. I have Medusa, Odin, and Phoenix to work with, who all produce fury. I can instantly awaken, bring to a high sig, and rank 5. Need some help with this decision. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Odin
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,754 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    It depends. I think that Odin is the champ you should focus on ranking up since his ability to buff-up anyone on your team is really valuable, but I think Medusa benefits more from being awakened since it allows her to gain 3 furies (or 6, if you bring Black Bolt along). Not necessarily more overall, but more for that one node specifically.

I wouldn't bother with Phoenix, but if you do, she doesn't need her awakened ability to gain fury buffs.

• Options
    Ercarret said:

It depends. I think that Odin is the champ you should focus on ranking up since his ability to buff-up anyone on your team is really valuable, but I think Medusa benefits more from being awakened since it allows her to gain 3 furies (or 6, if you bring Black Bolt along). Not necessarily more overall, but more for that one node specifically.

I wouldn't bother with Phoenix, but if you do, she doesn't need her awakened ability to gain fury buffs.

Yeah, man. I was reading all of that in his abilities earlier. Very intriguing. I would really love a Hyperion, but Odin’s sp2 hits hard also.
  • Options
    walkerdog said:

Lol Hype is a much better champ if hes awakened. Parry heavy 2-3 times then fire an sp2, another heavy, wait .5 seconds and then another 5hit, then so2 again until they're dead.

I know! I’ve had a 5* cosmic awakening gem with 200 stones waiting for a 5* Hyperion for 2 years straight now. Watch me get him after awakening Odin and bringing him up to level 200. Always happens that way. Lol
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    You only need sig 40 for Hyperion. Mines at sig 35 and his awakened ability is 71.26%. max sig bumps that up only marginally to about 75%.

Of course, that's completely up to you, but his prestige is meh and beyond sig 40, the difference is pretty negligible.

When the day comes, maybe hold some of the stones for CMM or someone else who would benefit more from a higher sig.

I mostly use Medusa for cav monthly eq and she's great for it. After the first 3 furies she gets the node buffs and it's a regular fight from there, but with lots more damage building up. I actually use her more than Hyperion and CGR for the monthly eq, just because there's no special cycle or RNG and of course, she's even better for all of the robot matchups.
  • Options
    te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    i always use Odin with that node and he works very well! Dex and hit your opponent five times to reach 10 aptitude buffs then use your SP3 and start wrecking things; it's also easy to reach SP3 because he can increase his combat power rate just by using heavies. He is also really good for the last released set of nodes, the one where you need vigilance to counter miss ^_^