**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How to work around True Sense with Ghost

JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
Recently, Kabam has started adding True Sense nodes to a bunch of content, and this is really frustrating for some players because champions like Ghost, Quake, and Mister Negative and all becoming unusable. I just rank 5d my 5* Ghost, but with true sense, she can't do much for me in newer content. However, there is a way to play Ghost effectively against True Sense and champions that negate miss.

Basically, you'll want to play Ghost normally. However, when you phase, instead of letting the opponent hit into your phase (and get combo-ed into oblivion), intercept their dash. This allows you to play Ghost almost normally because True Sense only makes it so that the opponent can hit you when you're phased. If you don't get hit, you'll be alright.

Unless Kabam adds in Mighty Charge or something.

M-L-L-L-Dash back-M(Intercept)-L-L-L-Dash Back-M(Intercept)-L-L-L-Dash Back (Repeat)

Also be sure to watch the opponent's power meter.

Comments

• Options
    B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    “ If you don't get hit, you'll be alright.”

Basically the idea of the game.
  • Options
    Warlord5386Warlord5386 Posts: 245 ★★
    Honestly I can still use ghost even with true focus active. True she loses her miss ability which helps her to gain power faster and create openings but you can live without that. I just soloed sop emma with a 5/65 ghost so yes she still can work. Her DoT shrug off, evade counter, High damage output etc are still very much present and can easily be accessed when needed.

Tbh I don't like this True focus node because it is a shadow ban to quake and ghost but in doing so they are nerfing a lot of characters like Mr Negetive, Tigra, Hood etc. It also affects champs like professor X and stealthy to lose their safety net. They should try to not ruin other champions just to shadow ban ghost and quake
  • Options
    JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★

Honestly I can still use ghost even with true focus active. True she loses her miss ability which helps her to gain power faster and create openings but you can live without that. I just soloed sop emma with a 5/65 ghost so yes she still can work. Her DoT shrug off, evade counter, High damage output etc are still very much present and can easily be accessed when needed.

Tbh I don't like this True focus node because it is a shadow ban to quake and ghost but in doing so they are nerfing a lot of characters like Mr Negetive, Tigra, Hood etc. It also affects champs like professor X and stealthy to lose their safety net. They should try to not ruin other champions just to shadow ban ghost and quake

Very true
  • Options
    TheEducationTheEducation Posts: 93
    Depends on how well you can play either, where you're at progression wise, what's next for you, and how well you can predict what the Devs will do next. I've maxed both as 5s and Ghost as an undupd 6. I only regret the latter since I'm kinda trash with Ghost.
    Both have helped me tremendously in some permanent content but I do feel like maybe, for my skill set, they reached the end of their rope.

Using Ghost as an Emma SoP option was never in the cards for me.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    What's stupid about adding in True Sense into AW is that it doesn't even impact one of Ghost's most important abilities in AW and that's being able to tank sp3s with no damage. So long as you take Hood with you, you can tank sp3s with the True Sense node and still not take damage. She's still a great option for Hazard Shift too.