**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Maybe solution to true sense and kabam’s intentions?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,760 ★★★★★
    My two cents:

Kabam evidently knows that there is a Ghost/Quake problem, which is why it seems like every endgame boss has some kind of anti-miss/evade/whatever node on them. That is fair.

However.

If you have a Ghost/Quake problem that you are constantly trying to solve by these counters in endgame content, why release new champs that rely on those same mechanics? They become as useless as Quake and Ghost becomes with those nodes.

That's fair as long as those nodes are spread out throughout the content just like every other node that makes things difficult for various other champions in the game, but if one fight in a 10-fight lane is going to have True Strike, we all know it's never Fight #2. It just always somehow ends up on the boss fight.

It's kind of like if bosses always had...I don't know...bleed immunity? Something that just cut of a decent swathe of champions' core mechanic. Suddenly every bleed champion is just useless in endgame content. If that's to be the case, why bother releasing new bleed champions at all?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    To be honest, I don't think it's Kabam seeing a Ghost and Quake problem. It's Kabam responding to the people I see post on a regular basis that something needs to be done because Quake and Ghost are making it past their Defense every War.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

To be honest, I don't think it's Kabam seeing a Ghost and Quake problem. It's Kabam responding to the people I see post on a regular basis that something needs to be done because Quake and Ghost are making it past their Defense every War.

huh? so you are saying it solely stems from anecdotal feedback? I can't even.
  • Options

huh? so you are saying it solely stems from anecdotal feedback? I can't even.
    Did I say that? They have the data to show the same Champs dominate the game mode. That doesn't mean it's necessarily a significant enough thing to address until enough people complain about it. Personally I think it's what happens regardless. There's always some Champ that ends up being the most preferred mode for Attack. In this case, they happen to be cheesy. Fair enough. We'll be back here with the same argument when the next Champ comes along that everyone uses for War. That IS the basis of the argument. People are getting past the Defense others put down.
  • Options
    Also, I don't even think Quake is that cheesy. She takes skill to use.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    “To be honest, I don't think it's Kabam seeing a Ghost and Quake problem.”.

“It's Kabam responding to the people I see post [this means anecdotal feedback] on a regular basis that something needs to be done because Quake and Ghost are making it past their Defense every War.”

Please never become a train conductor