**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Tech class talk

Hello everyone.
With sop coming close to an end and with the expected nexus crystal + piled rank up resources ı had a decision to make.
and while looking to my options ı was realy dissapointed with the tech class.

ı think this class is the worst in all 6 and ı want to explain some of my reasons.

1.There isnt an easy way to straight up point the problem but every tech champ seems to lack gusto or practicality.(with some exceptions)

2.Bad tech options are realy BAD. there are some horrendous chars in this class with no purpose whatsoever.a good comparison can be visions and hawkeye. 3 old champs which drains power and does nothing else. both pending "hopefully soon" a redisgn. but hawkeye is miles better than visions.

3.and dmg of said tech champs are realy bad for the utility trade of. ı see a pattern of power drain+immunities+quirky playstyle =bare minimum dmg. psychoman redskull nebula or octavious ; ı cant see a reason for red skull to have anything put on him during heavy intercept. he does have some quirky and niche af utility coupled with hard and tempo dependant playstyle with the absolute worst dmg potential posible.

4. and if they dont lack dmg potential, these tech champs are generally gimmick/playstyle dependant. there are some examples to be made here. firstly ımıw; he has some insaely gimmicky ramp up method and an unpractical awakened abiility to couple it with.
or hulkbuster and ultron(buffed) if you cant bleed or shock the opponent you are done.

5.Core mechanics relying on debuffs for some reason is problematic in general.ı see this as an approach of kabam to tech classes. there are countless examples for this.(green goblin, dr octavious, hulkbuster, imiw, nebula ,sentinel,ultron and even mysterio)
the main problem comes from pary/stun beeing a debuff. its core to the game and messing with it can be very basic for a node and when your champ depends on these debuffs they are realy screwed.(and ı cant see the reason a tech suit debufing opponents rather then fortifying his own back)

6.and lastly top tech options have a huge gap to their lower options. ı think this comes from playstyle as well. Warlock has insane utility but thankfully has no necessity while using these. you just hit your ooponents and throw the desired special fit for the situation. same for g99. thats why they are some of the top options. we need more like these.

I think tech class NEEDS some direct champs like void,domino,corvus and aegon rather than more imiw and red skulls.(ı made tis comparison because they are all 2018 champs)
you need to be insane to chose a tech nexus over a mutant one.

lastly am ı the only one feeling this way or you guys find the tech insanely lacking too and what are the reasons you find it lacking if you do so.

Comments

• odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    Guardian has direct damage
    If you aren't immune to shock if you are oof
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    Yeah, the tech class is pretty lackluster. I do like quirky utility-heavy champs which is why I'm about to r3 my 6* Punisher 2099, but one reason I used a 1-2 rank-up gem on him is that there simply aren't too many alternatives in that class that I'd rather use it on. It turned out to be a fantastic choice in the end and I love playing him, but I'm not going to pretend that I would have used a 1-2 gem on someone like him in the mutant or skill class. Those have a much, much broader range of super useful champs.

I feel like the tech class is similar to the mystic class in that both of those classes are too bogged down in their own little niche to be truly interesting. Mystic champs nullify buffs and have power control, while tech champs have power and regen control and usually strong armor/immunities.

I would love to see something truly surprising happen within either of those classes where champs do something unexpected for once. Tigra and Mojo are the last two I can think of who did something like that, and Ghost before them. That's cool but not really enough.
  • StaphMemberStaphMember Posts: 337 ★★★
    I agree the tech class is lacking by a large margin. I see the class as a whole characterized by their defensive capabilities (armor, power control, heal block, etc) on this, for the most part, the class excels. However, there are truly only 4-5 champions that can match the satisfactory damage potential of most other classes and the others are FAR behind. I don’t feel that the utility mechanics of the class as a whole is a sufficient replacement for the diminished attack either.

I do feel that the changes they’ve made within the class have been incredible improvements. Hulkbuster can ramp up some serious damage and Ultron has more utility in that he can degenerate those immune to bleed. Howard the duck, vulture and Civil warrior are also considerably better than they were, but have not really risen to meet expectations or are still a challenge to maintain the rotation for their greatest potential.

Considering Guardian was the only tech champion released last year, I think it leaves more to be desired from the class moving forward. Perhaps Peni-Parker will be the star we want. For now, it seems she has the auto block utility and we’ll have to hold out for some damage output.