SOP Week #9 (Ghost) - Domino taking too much damage back

YouTube video here

Domino takes massive 25K passive damage back from Ghost in this week’s Summer of Pain SOP fight. That’s unexpected.

Even if the Haunted node is causing Domino’s crit failure damage to be reflected, there is no way that Domino is dealing out 25K crit failure damage.

Domino also should not be taking that much damage back from her crit bleeds. When Ghost dashes back and purifies the bleeds, she is taking no damage and thus there should be nothing to reflect. Maybe there is some lag and Ghost reflects back the last few ticks of bleed damage? I don’t think that should happen, but even so, the bleed damage would be more like a couple of thousand … not 25K.

Device: iPhone 12
Connection: WiFi
Day/Time: 11-Aug-2021 4:00 pm US ET
Game mode: Summer of Pain Week #9
Affected champs: Ghost, Domino

Comments

• Revenge_of_the_NerfsRevenge_of_the_Nerfs Member Posts: 101
    I used 6* R1 Hit Monkey instead. He got me the Merc milestone. Took about 300 hits.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,427 ★★★★★
    Wonder why it’s only happening with domino. Hit monkey applies plenty of bleeds as well but it doesn’t take as much damage back. Only happening so far with domino. Definitely seems like a bug.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,949 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Wonder why it’s only happening with domino. Hit monkey applies plenty of bleeds as well but it doesn’t take as much damage back. Only happening so far with domino. Definitely seems like a bug.

The bleeds are purified in the process. The damage from domino sig ability isn't
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Member Posts: 988 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    This is just another reason that the ability to temporarily disable your Signature Ability is something I'd really like to see Kabam look into implementing. Not sure how difficult that would be to implement, but hey it's just a thought.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Member Posts: 894 ★★★
    I used her too and wondered what happened at least 2 or 3 times. Definitely kicked my own butt as much as Ghosts, but had the resources.
  • SgtPolitenessSgtPoliteness Member Posts: 27
    Was just coming here to see if anyone else reported this.
  • UnobtainiumClawsUnobtainiumClaws Member Posts: 204 ★★

Came here to see if it happened to anyone else.
  • SylarKanameSylarKaname Member Posts: 13
    I can confirm that my 6 star rank 2 unduped Domino barely got the crit bleeds reflected back and I also soloed her down to 2% before eating an sp3. It's def with the sig ability.
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    It could be because Domino's Crit Failure is scaled with her base attack. So when reflected back due to the node, it's reflected back based on Ghost's base attack, which could explain the insane numbers.

Regardless, it should be a bug.
  • PrezRio4PrezRio4 Member Posts: 84
    It happens to me too. It is clear what is happening is Ghost reflecting Critical Failure damage, but it is unintended too. It is not stated anywhere that the damage reflected scales with Ghosts modified attack.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Member Posts: 2,147 ★★★★
    Ha!! I wondered why mojo dies so fast when ghost dashes back, the same thing is happening to mojo; thought he'd be a great option for mystic and metal/villain at the same time.

But every time ghost dashes back and has just one or two passive degens, it takes off 20k to 30k health.