Options

Why are all the compensations geared almost exclusively towards alliance content?

gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 610 ★★★★
edited August 2021 in General Discussion
I have alliance revives and potions rotting away in overflow that I'll likely never use, because took a break from alliance to focus on single-player content like completing act 6 and variants. The issues don't affect me in alliance content, but they've been getting me wrecked everywhere else. I don't need anymore alliance items, it's single-player content where I've been burning units and revives because of dropped inputs, failed parries, and my game deciding to randomly pause in the middle of a fight.
Please don't make The revives and potions only alliance-based.

Comments

• Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    I think that it's simply easier to give out continuous compensation for stuff like AQ since that's a set event that everyone competes in. Sure, there are different maps but by giving out a hefty chunk of glory they still allow people to purchase what they need from the glory store, which is itself already tiered to progression level. I think people were by and large satisfied with that solution for AQ itself (even if many have bemoaned the lack of compensation elsewhere), so Kabam could just repeat the same compensation package every week and focus on other things.

It's probably a lot harder to calculate what resources are lost in solo content since that's a lot more individual, even among players within the same progression tier. If I don't do Variant 7 and another Thronebreaker does not do their 100% Abyss run, there's a huge discrepancy in missed rewards. You can also have a situation where I plough through Variant 7 despite the issues (guilty!) while that other guy decided to not plough through Abyss regardless simply because that would have been madness. Then you can't simply count "missed rewards" since I'd be in a situation where I lost out on resources spent on revives and potions rather than the exploration rewards.

It's most likely a huge mess to figure out how to compensate players for the trash fire that has been the game's solo content for the past two months or so, which is why they are taking their time with it and evaluating the situation only after the bug has been (somewhat) fixed. I think they could have been more generous with the ordinary revives and potions when it became clear that the issue was here to stay, but overall I understand why they aren't (can't be) swift about solo compensation.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,193 ★★★★★
    Because AQ was the one event they could not postpone.
  • Options
    JimmyBJimmyB Posts: 206 ★★
    DrZola said:

I got 16K gold for selling alliance potions for me last night. The relief was a nice gesture each week, and I tend to agree with most of what you say.

I’m just taking it as an overly gratuitous package that doesn’t really align with the way many of us play the game. But I do hope the big package (a) comes prior to the final week of SoP and (b) stuns me with its ridiculous generosity.

Dr. Zola

Regarding compensation and future comp for aq in case you didn't know.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/276481/update-gameplay-concerns-affecting-parry-and-dexterity#latest
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Why doesn't anyone who posts about compensation read their in game messages or dona google search for the answer before posting a new thread on a topic that's been discussed 10,000 times now.

Care to elaborate? I've read the official post and the in-game messages. What do you think you know about the compensation that the rest of us don't?
    Those exclusively mention that these packages are to compensate for alliance events and that you'll get your solo compensation later once they have assessed everything.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,581 ★★★★★
    Would appreciate some AW items also. It’s not like the game mode was shut down for a month.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,175 ★★★★★

Why doesn't anyone who posts about compensation read their in game messages or dona google search for the answer before posting a new thread on a topic that's been discussed 10,000 times now.

Care to elaborate? I've read the official post and the in-game messages. What do you think you know about the compensation that the rest of us don't?
    Those exclusively mention that these packages are to compensate for alliance events and that you'll get your solo compensation later once they have assessed everything.
    ^^^^ This

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,764 Guardian
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

I got 16K gold for selling alliance potions for me last night. The relief was a nice gesture each week, and I tend to agree with most of what you say.

I’m just taking it as an overly gratuitous package that doesn’t really align with the way many of us play the game. But I do hope the big package (a) comes prior to the final week of SoP and (b) stuns me with its ridiculous generosity.

Dr. Zola

Glad to see someone disagrees and hopes (a) we don’t get a big relief package before next week and (b) we get a relief package that is meager and disappointing.

Dr. Zola
    Someone disagreed with me when I said I didn't like to do homework in school. Divining the purpose of anonymous disagree flags is like trying to determine the tactical purpose of a mosquito bite in the never ending conflict between humans and the insect world.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Glad to see someone disagrees and hopes (a) we don’t get a big relief package before next week and (b) we get a relief package that is meager and disappointing.

Dr. Zola
    Someone disagreed with me when I said I didn't like to do homework in school. Divining the purpose of anonymous disagree flags is like trying to determine the tactical purpose of a mosquito bite in the never ending conflict between humans and the insect world.
    You still not used to it? lol
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,593 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    Well, mosquito bites have the dual purpose of nutrition source for the insect and disease vector for any microbes the insect may be carrying.

But at least directionally I think you are implying anonymous disagrees are akin to annoying pests who suck some of the life out of forums and potentially induce infectious content.

I’m probably on board with that.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    Well, mosquito bites have the dual purpose of nutrition source for the insect and disease vector for any microbes the insect may be carrying.

But at least directionally I think you are implying anonymous disagrees are akin to annoying pests who suck some of the life out of forums and potentially induce infectious content.

I’m probably on board with that.

Dr. Zola
    I was actually implying that mosquitos do things purposefully in the same sense that drinking birds do things purposefully, but that's also good. Let's go with that.
  • Options
    AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    Disagreed because the compensation package is based on progression level. Not sure if Thronebreaker will get more than Cavs, but SoP rewards will make a lot of people finally get over the ridiculous RNG-based progression hump. Myself included. These bugs also discouraged me from working variant exploration for the T5CC crystal. So who knows if I’d already be TB or not without the bug. So comp package after SoP rewards drop would benefit more people.
  • Options
    Adevati said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    Disagreed because the compensation package is based on progression level. Not sure if Thronebreaker will get more than Cavs, but SoP rewards will make a lot of people finally get over the ridiculous RNG-based progression hump. Myself included. These bugs also discouraged me from working variant exploration for the T5CC crystal. So who knows if I’d already be TB or not without the bug. So comp package after SoP rewards drop would benefit more people.
    That's problematic. But also a good reason why posting disagreements is better than just flagging anonymously. Flagging without explaining forces people to assume whatever the reason was, it was probably silly. But this is a reasonable objection. It is also wrong, and now I can explain why it is wrong. When Zola says "before the final week of SoP" he's referring to the last two week challenge. Getting the compensation package before that ends means players can use any potions and boosts within the package on that content. That's beneficial for the players.

You're assuming he meant before SoP milestone rewards are handed out. But that's impossible, because this is already the middle of week 9. It already is the final week of the nine week SoP fights. Zola could not have meant before that particular "final week" because its already here. And Kabam recently announced that SoP milestone rewards will be handed out right after week 9 ends, not after the final two week challenge ends. If you check your SoP milestone event timer, you should see it no longer reads 18 days or whatever, it now reads 4 days and change.

Compensation will come out after SoP rewards come out, because that's just days away. They can't come out a week before SoP rewards come out, because that is now less than a week away, and Zola couldn't have been suggesting that Kabam release them a week before, because that's now impossible.
  • Options
    AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Adevati said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    That's problematic. But also a good reason why posting disagreements is better than just flagging anonymously. Flagging without explaining forces people to assume whatever the reason was, it was probably silly. But this is a reasonable objection. It is also wrong, and now I can explain why it is wrong. When Zola says "before the final week of SoP" he's referring to the last two week challenge. Getting the compensation package before that ends means players can use any potions and boosts within the package on that content. That's beneficial for the players.

You're assuming he meant before SoP milestone rewards are handed out. But that's impossible, because this is already the middle of week 9. It already is the final week of the nine week SoP fights. Zola could not have meant before that particular "final week" because its already here. And Kabam recently announced that SoP milestone rewards will be handed out right after week 9 ends, not after the final two week challenge ends. If you check your SoP milestone event timer, you should see it no longer reads 18 days or whatever, it now reads 4 days and change.

Compensation will come out after SoP rewards come out, because that's just days away. They can't come out a week before SoP rewards come out, because that is now less than a week away, and Zola couldn't have been suggesting that Kabam release them a week before, because that's now impossible.
    He said both final week and another post said “before next week”.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Searmenis said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    You still not used to it? lol
    Just between you and me, don't tell anyone but every time someone flags me with a senseless disagree flag, Kabam gives me some gold to make me feel better.

Where's the "wow" reaction when you need it??!
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Because these compensations are aimed at alliance content, there will be others
  • Options
    DasilvanDasilvan Posts: 4
    edited August 2021
  • Options
    Searmenis said:

Where's the "wow" reaction when you need it??!

It isn't that impressive really. I'd like to think that when you... Oh hey look:

Ok, give it a second...

There we go.

Okay, so what was I saying again? Something something oh yeah, it is not a big deal really.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,593 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Adevati said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    That’s much better than a generic disagree and isn’t an unreasonable point. You should post your thoughts more often.

I consider the GM quest the “final” part of SoP, so I’d prefer to have revives (I will need them) in case the rewards for the “final” SoP challenge is over.

Like you, I also think the pRNG aspect of TB is poorly conceived. And I hope my Cav ally mates get as good a package as I get. And if you follow my posts remotely closely, you know I’ve been annoyed at the mechanics bugs.

But…good talk. Don’t post disagrees without explaining yourself. You make fair points.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,850 ★★★★★
    people have disagreed with me when I've stated out right facts. so *shrugs*

Anytime I get alliance pots in whatever compo package they send us, I just sell them for the gold, along with boosts, since I'm a. not in an alliance and b. never use boosts because I never remember I have the damn things. Last two lots of glory I just used to buy T1As...