**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thronebreaker now or wait?

Currently I have 1 Mutant t5CC and 1 Skill t5CC and my best options for each class are BWDO and Cable.
Also, I have 7 points in the Summer of Pain event.

If I become Thronebreaker now, I can unlock the Thronebreaker objectives and reach the next milestone (currently I am at a 6 star Nexus and TWO 25% t5CC selectors, so this means I will receive the 6 star Nexus selector and THREE 25% t5CC selectors).

However, if I wait until compensation arrives, I should be able to get both the Cavalier and Thronebreaker compensation since it is based on progression. Hopefully both are insane.

So the question is:
Should I become thronebreaker now to unlock the next milestone in SOP and only get Thronebreaker Compensation...
Or should I stay at the current SOP milestone I am at but potentially be able to claim both Cavalier and Thronebreaker compensation later this month?

Any explanations/reasons why would be awesome!

Thronebreaker now or wait? 38 votes

Become Thronebreaker now!
92%
Spity68KDoggg2017fmussapTerraKossukoseQuikPikRahultripathiAgentDoom9Wicket329TheHoodedDormammuJakearoundMitriaxDenzel116No_oneukKRANꓘFenicoJohnDoe89PastorAmericaIronGladiator22SwarmOfRavens 35 votes
Wait for Compensation at the end of month
7%
Dfour24RenaxqqDraconic_12 3 votes

Comments

• StaphMemberStaphMember Posts: 337 ★★★
    I'm not certain compensation packages work that way. It seems the compensation will be dependent on your progression level at the time the package hits your inbox. They're not likely to send you another compensation package just because you reached another tier.

Are there videos of dual compensation packages in the past? I know it has occurred for Christmas, but I don't remember anything outside of that.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★

Do you have the champs you need to beat said objectives? If you do, I’d pull the trigger and get TB. I’d personally do cable if you have apoc, but if not you could also go with BWDO. Both are decent options. If you don’t have the champs you need to beat the objectives/can’t rank them up in time, I’d just wait and see what you pull from the rewards.

Unfortunately I do not have a 4* or higher Apoc so Im gonna wait on Cable. I have BWDO and Hitmonkey for the Merc objective so I will easily be able to reach 9 points and the next milestone.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★

I'm not certain compensation packages work that way. It seems the compensation will be dependent on your progression level at the time the package hits your inbox. They're not likely to send you another compensation package just because you reached another tier.

Are there videos of dual compensation packages in the past? I know it has occurred for Christmas, but I don't remember anything outside of that.

It happened to me last year when we got compensation for the game crashing and being down for days. I went from uncollected to cavalier at that time and got double rewards
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    What makes you think you will get both comp packages when they are released? Typically comp packages are given based on your title at the point they are mailed. You must be getting confused with double dipping the big sales day when you can buy both if you progress mid-sale.

I'd rank up BWDO, she's perfectly fine for a first R3. Then you can use her for the mercenary objective against Ghost.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    If you have apocalypse take up cable.
    If you don't then take up BWDO they're both great and worth taking up even outside of getting TB.

Compensation is coming sometime before the end of the month so there's no guarantee it'll be available before the final challenge is gone and that's also going to have TB objectives.

Plus we don't even know what the compensations going to have, just get the guaranteed value of 25% selector
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    edited August 2021
    People get excited about compensation about 100x more than I do.
    I don't give it a second thought. We all get what we get. (It's just free stuff).
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    I m pretty sure comp package will be one and the same for cav and TB, just to prevent scams like this one.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Zan0 said:

Searmenis said:

I m pretty sure comp package will be one and the same for cav and TB, just to prevent scams like this one.

They definitely can't have the same package for both titles without giving one of them either too much or too little. Either way they'd have pissed off the playerbase
    Well, every reward till now with few exceptions is for cav+, EQ, SQ, resort, etc, I don't think they ll do two different packages now just for the SoP.. Since I don't also think that they re going to give TB stuff anyway, the "gift" will be something big, not as big as something that gets you r4 6* materials. AQ mini packages for example where the same for everyone.