**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hercules immortality bug (or hotfix)

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

This was not a “bug”, but a nerf. Odin prefight stacking was a bug.

@Kabam Miike Poor communication and handling of the situation. This is enough to make me say goodbye.

Ign: Tap Tap Swipe

I'm curious. You have a sig 200 R3 Hercules. Would you rank him down if you could? When you first went for him, did you know he could tank 1 SP3? Is this why you went for him? I agree that Kabam handled this badly but that doesn't make it a nerf and I don't see how being able to tank 1 SP3 is that significant. Luke Cage can tank multiple SP3s and I don't see a lot of people ranking him. I have a 6* Herc but wasn't able to dupe him. But when I burned a lot of units on cavs to get him, I was unaware of the SP3 thing.
    Rankdown tickets won’t fix the situation. I genuinely did not come to the forums to debate whether it was a “bug” or nerf. We know it was a nerf. Yes, I was well aware of the ability prior to pulling the champ, using a generic ag and all of the stones. If tanking one sp3 was not a “big deal”, why nerf him then? Rhetorical question.

Btw, there are other champs besides LC that can tank…

Again, genuinely curious. Would you still have used the generic on him if you knew what you know now? I would use a generic on mine. Whether or not it is a nerf depends on whether or not you believe that the devs did not intend for him to be able to tank a SP3. I do agree with your rhetorical question. I don't think this ability was game breaking and they'd have done better to leave him the way he was. But he's still amazing and I don't think its this huge thing some are making it out to be.

I am aware there are others. Luke Cage was an example, not an exhaustive list lol
    Tbh I most likely would have saved the generic.

Not big on speculating what the developers intent was during the entire month of July (here we are August 17th) and doing so won’t change the fact that it was a nerf.

“Nerf (lowercase)Slang. (in a video game) to reconfigure (an existing character or weapon), making it less powerful.”
    It wasn't a reconfigure. It was never meant to be that "powerful" to begin with. It was a fix.
    I’m really confused now. The literal definition of reconfigure is to change. So are we saying he was not changed from how he was advertised and operated all of July? You guessed it…rhetorical question.
    You're using reconfigure too loosely. The configuration was intended to have the result we have now. That was something they *intended* to configure. If said configuration ends up having a different result, then that needs to be amended. He wasn't advertised to do that. His Spotlight was pretty clear. Whether people misunderstood it or not was a conversation that could have been had prior to this.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

This was not a “bug”, but a nerf. Odin prefight stacking was a bug.

@Kabam Miike Poor communication and handling of the situation. This is enough to make me say goodbye.

Ign: Tap Tap Swipe

I'm curious. You have a sig 200 R3 Hercules. Would you rank him down if you could? When you first went for him, did you know he could tank 1 SP3? Is this why you went for him? I agree that Kabam handled this badly but that doesn't make it a nerf and I don't see how being able to tank 1 SP3 is that significant. Luke Cage can tank multiple SP3s and I don't see a lot of people ranking him. I have a 6* Herc but wasn't able to dupe him. But when I burned a lot of units on cavs to get him, I was unaware of the SP3 thing.
    Rankdown tickets won’t fix the situation. I genuinely did not come to the forums to debate whether it was a “bug” or nerf. We know it was a nerf. Yes, I was well aware of the ability prior to pulling the champ, using a generic ag and all of the stones. If tanking one sp3 was not a “big deal”, why nerf him then? Rhetorical question.

Btw, there are other champs besides LC that can tank…

Again, genuinely curious. Would you still have used the generic on him if you knew what you know now? I would use a generic on mine. Whether or not it is a nerf depends on whether or not you believe that the devs did not intend for him to be able to tank a SP3. I do agree with your rhetorical question. I don't think this ability was game breaking and they'd have done better to leave him the way he was. But he's still amazing and I don't think its this huge thing some are making it out to be.

I am aware there are others. Luke Cage was an example, not an exhaustive list lol
    Tbh I most likely would have saved the generic.

Not big on speculating what the developers intent was during the entire month of July (here we are August 17th) and doing so won’t change the fact that it was a nerf.

“Nerf (lowercase)Slang. (in a video game) to reconfigure (an existing character or weapon), making it less powerful.”
    It wasn't a reconfigure. It was never meant to be that "powerful" to begin with. It was a fix.
    I’m really confused now. The literal definition of reconfigure is to change. So are we saying he was not changed from how he was advertised and operated all of July? You guessed it…rhetorical question.
    His advertised abilities is what's written in his kit. His kit has not changed. Anything outside of what's written in his kit is considered a bug. His kit says he can't survive sp3s or trigger immortality. It was triggering that. That's a bug. Has nothing to do with the CCP videos. His kit wasn't ever changed.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    The thing that is defined to be removed by sp3s is now being removed by sp3s? For shame!
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    What's to close? Kabam literally said what their intentions were and took responsibility for the misunderstanding with the wording. What outcome are you expecting? He's not going to be left OP. It's not hard to see how that isn't an intended outcome. It's unrealistic expectations. You want the Damage he does AND to remain indestructible AND tank L3s. You don't need a great deal of foresight to see that's cheesier than Velveeta.
  • Options
    GOODI3 said:

The thing that is defined to be removed by sp3s is now being removed by sp3s? For shame!

How can one remove something that is not yet there? That what we call magic!
    If something is not there he should die anyways.
  • Options
    GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

I would kindly refer you to reread his sig ability and FuzzyCat’s first post. The immortality buff applies on a knockout blow. If it has not been applied, it therefore cannot be removed.

With your logic, it not only applies but is then immediately removed…mind you all during one sp3. 😂 Funny I never see any buffs during the sp3 animations?
    1) if it isn’t applied it can’t prevent death.

2) The knock out blow of an sp3 is removing something defined as being removed by an sp3? Exactly.

3) special 3s that interact with buffs surprisingly interact with buffs.

4) status effects are not shown during sp3s.

5) finally his immortality buff was bugged upon release. It was not properly interacting with many abilities it should have, the sp3 being one of them.
  • Options
    GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

Jeal79 said:

I just wanna know how if it was so clear that sp3s were supposed to knock him out even before his vulnerability was triggered why neither GroundedWisdom or Demonzfyre reported it as a bug when it transpired from day 1 that it wasn't working that way.

It's already been pointed out that not a single person raised it as a bug since everybody saw the interaction and believed that was the way his kit worked.

It's no good coming back here with your smart talk about it working as intended if neither of you highlighted it as a bug in the first instance.

The burden of proof isn't on us. We're not the ones claiming that Kabam changed their intentions.
    This is not court…or is it??
    Apparently it's a Kangaroo Court. For real though, it can't bypass the thing that removes it.
    So when was it applied? It has to be applied in order to be removed. Hence he can only tank one sp3 (factoring out indestructible).

You cannot answer this question with any logic, because the truth is it has not yet been applied.
    If it isn’t applied it can’t prevent death. Ffs
  • Options
    GOODI3GOODI3 Posts: 22

GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

I would kindly refer you to reread his sig ability and FuzzyCat’s first post. The immortality buff applies on a knockout blow. If it has not been applied, it therefore cannot be removed.

With your logic, it not only applies but is then immediately removed…mind you all during one sp3. 😂 Funny I never see any buffs during the sp3 animations?

2) The knock out blow of an sp3 is removing something defined as being removed by an sp3? Exactly.

5) finally his immortality buff was bugged upon release. It was not properly interacting with many abilities it should have, the sp3 being one of them.
    1. By definition of his sig ability, it must be applied upon a knockout blow.

2. This is what we call magic, because it never applied.

3. 100%. Let’s just allow the buff to apply in the first place as defined by his sig ability.

4. Meh you clearly don’t understand sarcasm.

5. Stick to the facts. Many things can still affect it, nullify, stagger, aar, assassins for instance. I would not call that bugged, but a lack of knowledge and true understanding of the game.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

Applies on a knockout blow yes EXCEPT IS REMOVED BY SPECIAL ATTACK 3. He goes to zero health in SP3, immortality can't activate and he dies because it's an SP3.

This has been in his written abilities since day 1. This info hasn't ever changed.

Even to your point of "not seeing buffs during sp3 animations" it even calls out that it pauses during his SP3. Of course no buffs are show on SP3's because of the cut scene type of animation. Doesn't mean that they aren't there or have activated.
  • Options
    GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

3. 100%. Let’s just allow the buff to apply in the first place as defined by his sig ability.

5. Stick to the facts. Many things can still affect it, nullify, stagger, aar, assassins for instance. I would not call that bugged, but a lack of knowledge and true understanding of the game.
    Ummm for number 5, I would argue that coathanger has a way better understanding of the game than you do. Way, way, way better.
  • Options

GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

Ummm for number 5, I would argue that coathanger has a way better understanding of the game than you do. Way, way, way better.
    It appears they were right and that’s all you want to do.
  • Options
    GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

Those are the facts, Tigra and fate seal were not interacting with immortality. It wasn’t interacting in multiple ways it should have been like the special 3 per his written abilities.
  • Options
    GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

Applies on a knockout blow yes EXCEPT IS REMOVED BY SPECIAL ATTACK 3. He goes to zero health in SP3, immortality can't activate and he dies because it's and SP3.

This has been in his written abilities since day 1. This info hasn't ever changed.
    Oh okay thank you. I feel much better now after reading this.

Your comment literally adds nothing constructive to the conversation and is illogical. You simply cannot remove something that has not been applied per his sig ability. AND absolutely not how he operated and/or was advertised all of July.
    What's frustrating with you is that you are taking "how he operated" as that's how he was supposed to be vs what his kit says. You realize that's how bugs work right? They make the bugged thing not work correctly.

Again, he was never advertised as having a sp3 tanking ability. His spotlight is Kabam's advertisement of him and it's stayed the same.

It's sucks you can't read very well. It says it right in his kit of what happens.
  • Options

No matter what is said, or insight you give @ GroundedWisdom and @Demonzfyre are here to derail the conversation and get the discussion closed. If the discussion gets closed it can sink to the bottom of the page. Their arguments dont make sense their logic never connects the dots. You will never convince them they are wrong because their goal is to take the opposite view and derail the conversation. They truly make the forums a toxic place and are allowed to do it because to have these conversations closed benefits Kabam. My suggestion is to silence them, otherwise they win when the thread is closed, that is their only goal. They dont care and probably dont even play the game. No one would want these two tools in their alliance.

You're right. I don't play the game.....weird how you can look me up any time in game. You can look at all my discussions as well and see what i've posted. I've shown my profile many times and my roster. But you're right, I don't play the game.
  • Options

GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

Those are the facts, Tigra and fate seal were not interacting with immortality. It wasn’t interacting in multiple ways it should have been like the special 3 per his written abilities.
    Fairly confident I didn’t mention either of those in my examples. Feel free to reread. 🙄

Let’s stick to the topic though. Hercules, by literal definition, was nerfed. And to add to insult, in the shadows of Kabam HQ.

Maybe @Kabam Miike can tell us when they “knew”?
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Sean_Who said:

They key word is 'removed'.

Buffs can't activate during a special three, never have been able to.

How can you remove something that wasn't there?

If it wasn’t there how does it prevent death?

P.s. buffs activate during s3s. LC is an easy example.