**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Miles Morales Buff Spotlight

Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,017 ★★★★★
https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-spider-man-miles-morales/

Here y’all go. Doesn’t sound like any animations have been changed. What’re y’all’s thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    They said they changed the animations
  • Options
    edited August 2021

I know they said they hoped to change it on Twitter a while back. But this spotlight doesn’t seem to bear that out. I hope I’m wrong, I’d love to see him get some visual love.
  • Options
    So he seems… alright. I’d need to play with him to make a decision
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

I know they said they hoped to change it on Twitter a while back. But this spotlight doesn’t seem to bear that out. I hope I’m wrong, I’d love to see him get some visual love.
    For the record they didn’t list in ddhk’s spotlight that his animations were changed but they did change then, so I think most likely they changed miles animations.
  • Options

They said VFX I thought? That's not the same as animations necessarily
    True, there could just be some more electricity in the air and the visual component for the spider-camo that is mentioned.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Probably some translucent spider camo that resembles invisible woman’s look
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I think he seems pretty good on paper
  • Options

They said VFX I thought? That's not the same as animations necessarily
    Could’ve sworn they said animations.

I’m cool if they don’t, I like his current special attacks
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★

Starky 2.0 minus power drain.

My thoughts exactly
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Also, do the passive furies from his signature ability stack? Like, if you line it up so that you complete three spider-challenges rapidly, can you get that fury to stack 3 times for a massive burst of sp2 damage? If so, then he could be extremely cool and fun to play with.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    Nothing really stands out as particularly exciting to me, but I'll reserve my judgement until we have the buff in hand. I have an r4 5* that I can play around with when it arrives.
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Another science champ who needs a high sig. You love the see it
  • Options
    ChitlinsChitlins Posts: 164 ★★
    To me it seems like he has a lot of ramp up each fight and is not very streamlined to have a lot of damage. Has some decent utility. Im also not sure if rupture and shock debuffs scale with AR? If so he might hit pretty hard, but in all honesty at full rampup otherwise, 15k from a sp2 is not that great... but will have to see him in use to have a final judgment.
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★

Another science champ who needs a high sig. You love the see it

Just so happens I've been blessed with a natural sig 80 6* Miles. My bad luck better pay off.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

Animations aside, he seems like there is potential on paper. I like that the sp2 damage boost is calculated off of debuffs triggered throughout the fight and not just debuffs currently active. Much less stressful, and once it’s ramped up you can just cycle it for maximum damage.

I also like that his missions are things that you would likely be doing anyway. You can go out of your way to do special things to get them done faster, but in most fights you’ll accomplish them within your normal rotation.

105% miss chance against unblockable specials is very cool. I like that a lot. As a defender, he’ll most likely complete 0-2 of his missions, so that’s a 14% evade chance at worst? Not terrible to deal with. A 21% evade safety net as an attacker is also very nice. I hope he has some decent block proficiency since you’ll be wanting to parry at least five times.

Love the taunt. It plays in well with his style of wanting the opponent to throw a bunch of specials so he stays in camo. He is going to be in camo a LOT. I do wish there was another way of triggering it besides heavies, but with proper spacing that can be managed against stun immune opponents.

He has 6 total debuffs in his kit, plus the parry stun for 7. So that sounds like his shock from the sp2 can get a 210% damage increase in a standard match without playing too much with masteries for him. So that’s an almost 15k shock, I believe. Seems neat.

Finally, I’m curious about his power sting. Will it persist across multiple specials from the opponent? It lasts for such a long time, I have a hard time thinking that it only triggers once.

If the power sting persists through multiple specials it would actually be very strong combo with taunt. I feel like it wont though. Do other champs have a persistent power sting?
  • Options
    Chitlins said:

Wicket329 said:

Animations aside, he seems like there is potential on paper. I like that the sp2 damage boost is calculated off of debuffs triggered throughout the fight and not just debuffs currently active. Much less stressful, and once it’s ramped up you can just cycle it for maximum damage.

I also like that his missions are things that you would likely be doing anyway. You can go out of your way to do special things to get them done faster, but in most fights you’ll accomplish them within your normal rotation.

105% miss chance against unblockable specials is very cool. I like that a lot. As a defender, he’ll most likely complete 0-2 of his missions, so that’s a 14% evade chance at worst? Not terrible to deal with. A 21% evade safety net as an attacker is also very nice. I hope he has some decent block proficiency since you’ll be wanting to parry at least five times.

Love the taunt. It plays in well with his style of wanting the opponent to throw a bunch of specials so he stays in camo. He is going to be in camo a LOT. I do wish there was another way of triggering it besides heavies, but with proper spacing that can be managed against stun immune opponents.

He has 6 total debuffs in his kit, plus the parry stun for 7. So that sounds like his shock from the sp2 can get a 210% damage increase in a standard match without playing too much with masteries for him. So that’s an almost 15k shock, I believe. Seems neat.

Finally, I’m curious about his power sting. Will it persist across multiple specials from the opponent? It lasts for such a long time, I have a hard time thinking that it only triggers once.

If the power sting persists through multiple specials it would actually be very strong combo with taunt. I feel like it wont though. Do other champs have a persistent power sting?
    I believe Yellow Jacket does on his sp3, but that’s the only non-node instance of it.
  • Options
    Chitlins said:

Wicket329 said:

Chitlins said:

Wicket329 said:

I believe Yellow Jacket does on his sp3, but that’s the only non-node instance of it.
    And idk why they would have it last 50 seconds if it didnt persist. Theres no way they would expect a taunted champ to hold a special for that long.
    That’s what I’m hoping. If it persists that long, it could result in some gnarly damage. Fighting against someone like Red Hulk or Venom where you just want to keep baiting the sp1, that would be a lot of fun. Could easily finish all of his challenges, stack three furies, and absolutely ruin the opponent
  • Options
    Also he will be #46 for prestige at sig 200 6* r3. Decent but not great.
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Chitlins said:

Wicket329 said:

Yeah, it won't re-apply but you can again if you use another sp3. His buff looks like a well balanced one imo. He doesn't look like an OP champ neither a waste. I will take mine to r3 just cos I love the character and I think at a decent sig level and the longer the fights he can do a lot of damage with his sp2. Quick question though: His sp2 shock potency scales with the number of debuffs apply within the fight, does it like resets to 0 after a sp2 and starts counting again or it continues, anyone?

Edit:
    Curious to see if they murdered his other stats like block prof. I pray they didn't but who knows it's Kaboom!
  • Options
    J0eySn0w said:

Chitlins said:

Wicket329 said:

Yeah, it won't re-apply but you can again if you use another sp3. His buff looks like a well balanced one imo. He doesn't look like an OP champ neither a waste. I will take mine to r3 just cos I love the character and I think at a decent sig level and the longer the fights he can do a lot of damage with his sp2. Quick question though: His sp2 shock potency scales with the number of debuffs apply within the fight, does it like resets to 0 after an sp2 and starts counting again or it continues, anyone?
    It reads to me like it persists, no reset after use.
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Doesn't look like anything special or exciting. I guess we will see how he plays out.
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

J0eySn0w said:

Chitlins said:

Wicket329 said:

Yeah, it won't re-apply but you can again if you use another sp3. His buff looks like a well balanced one imo. He doesn't look like an OP champ neither a waste. I will take mine to r3 just cos I love the character and I think at a decent sig level and the longer the fights he can do a lot of damage with his sp2. Quick question though: His sp2 shock potency scales with the number of debuffs apply within the fight, does it like resets to 0 after an sp2 and starts counting again or it continues, anyone?
    That's interesting, so it will run it's 50sec timer regardless of the number of specials the opponent use. Then they sure should should have included that in his strengths.
  • Options
    J0eySn0w said:

Wicket329 said:

J0eySn0w said:

Chitlins said:

Wicket329 said:

That's interesting, so it will run it's 50sec timer regardless of the number of specials the opponent use. Then they sure should should have included that in his strengths.
    This is Kabam we're talking about. We never really know how strong a champion is or how they work until we see gameplay footage.