**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mr. Negative - Heavy Chain Issue [Merged Thread]

Leediman39Leediman39 Posts: 64
edited September 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
Changed my phone to s21 ultra so not sure if that's anything to do with it but i can no longer chain heavys in the corner with Mr negative (tested on rol) which for Mr negative is a integral way to gain his furys . Tested with other champs and no problem. Have any changes occurred regarding his heavy ?
Post edited by Kabam Boo on

Comments

• Options
    AsimDXBAsimDXB Posts: 32
    Me and my fellow players are facing same issue of unable to chain heavies, after the recent game update.

@Kabam Miike Looks like an unintended change has happened.

Pls let us know. Thanks!
  • Options
    GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    I can confirm this issue on Mr negative but happened to me with other champions too. This has to be checked. @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    I’ve noticed that in the past 2 months, mister negative is no longer able to consistently heavy spam in the corner. This is the main source to his damage output as it allows him to build furies. This seems like a silent nerf because there was no mention of a change to the character
  • Options
    Definitely has to be fixed. Myself and others have taken him to rank 3 and to take away a vital part of his rotation is something that’s just wrong. Please fix this issue @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    nahhornenahhorne Posts: 76 ★★
    edited September 2021
    Now that we are unable to heavy spam in the corner, which is a playstyle that I chose to go with, we should have the choice to rank down that champion. I know that not everyone does that playstyle, but this is reminiscent of the old she-hulk nerf.
    Post edited by Kabam Boo on
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

It’s very much a pain, but I don’t think it’s been confirmed as a definite decision to stop him chaining in the corner. Hopefully it’ll sort itself out and Kabam fixes the timing issues.

And besides, I don’t think anyone ranked up Negative specifically to chain in the corner. It takes away almost nothing from his uses.

I would assume it's a result of all the timing issues currently in game. Granted we can't know that for sure but this is certainly not a time I would assume timings not working being intentional
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

It’s very much a pain, but I don’t think it’s been confirmed as a definite decision to stop him chaining in the corner. Hopefully it’ll sort itself out and Kabam fixes the timing issues.

And besides, I don’t think anyone ranked up Negative specifically to chain in the corner. It takes away almost nothing from his uses.

I would assume it's a result of all the timing issues currently in game. Granted we can't know that for sure but this is certainly not a time I would assume timings not working being intentional
    I wouldn’t be surprised, would be awfully coincidental timing if it wasn’t. After the timing issues have been sorted and if he’s still not able to heavy chain, that’s when I’d be a little worried something was up.
  • Options
    Typhoon said:

the fact that they did it without telling anyone is just more of the same from them.

Did you have any proof it was done intentionally?
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,751 ★★★★★

Typhoon said:

the fact that they did it without telling anyone is just more of the same from them.

Only proof I have is what is being shared. Parry/dex bugs have been going on for nearly 2 months... doesn't it seem a bit strange it magically just started happening?
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Is this possibly caused by the game engine issues?
  • Options
    Malreck04 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised, would be awfully coincidental timing if it wasn’t. After the timing issues have been sorted and if he’s still not able to heavy chain, that’s when I’d be a little worried something was up.
    * “Hercules is now working as always intended” flashbacks *
    I get the alarm, but it’s not really an ability change. If something was changed about his abilities, then I’d get it. But animations? People jump too fast to shout nerf, until confirmed otherwise it’s more likely it’s a timing issue. I mean think about it, we’re in the middle of one of the buggiest times in Kabam’s history in terms of gameplay timing, what’s more likely?
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Only proof I have is what is being shared. Parry/dex bugs have been going on for nearly 2 months... doesn't it seem a bit strange it magically just started happening?
    Not really, since they’re actively tinkering with the game to try to solve it. I wouldn’t be surprised to see all kinds of timing issues pop up and resolve as they work on this.

I have no idea if this Mr. Negative change is purposeful or not. I hope it resolves well for the players. I don’t have him yet but I really want him, and I hope he’s in the best state he can be when I do eventually pull him.
  • Options
    NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

This happened pretty much the same time these bugs started happening, I had mentioned this in so chats before and not much was paid attention to since it didn't make him unplayable.

There is no reason to think this is a nerf rather than bug atm.
  • Options
    Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

I ran into it a month or so ago, so did the guys in my Mr Negative line chat.
  • Options

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

In the past Kabam has changed characters like old man logan so that heavy spamming is not possible. With that said, the fact that they did it without telling anyone is just more of the same from them. Lack of transparency, cheap tricks.

You're assuming they did it on purpose. Do you have anything from Kabam, like the change log or a post confirming this a planned change? No, I didn't think you did. You're just out here spreading hate on purpose without any facts to go off of because you hate Kabam but then continue to play the game for some unknown reason.

They announced the OML. They did change to She Hulk and announced that.

Hercules to this day remains the only champ where an interaction was changed without it being in a change log or post. You're absolutely ridiculous.
    nobody likes you
    What I love about forums ^_^
    People resorting to personal attacks because they can’t figure out a way to respond to valid points?