**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I think I have got to the bottom of it!

I have been complaining and sending support tickets for over 4 months, many of you probably have as well, and some are seemingly not having our issue. I'm talking about this nonsense causing blocks to drop and combos to stop randomly. I have tried everything, clearing cache, clearing data, redownloading, u name it. BUT, today I noticed something, and it like those of u experiencing it to test it as well. I believe it's the BOOSTS. With how many different types there are, and how often they are used, it never dawned on me. Til today when I was running story quests all morning smoothly, no issues. Then, jumped in war and put a boost on, boom, block drops, combo drops. I switched to my alt account (no boost) without closing game or clearing any cache and the game ran smooth, then back to main (with boost) glitch. I have had other alliance members test and they are finding the same results. Anyone experiencing this, you know the frustration! Test it and post your results. If you havent had these glitches happen, your opinion on the issue is not needed. We know it works for you, but it doesn't for us.

Comments

• Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Seatin has a theory out now that it's from people pressing help button to help you interfering with your game
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Personally I think it's the line app or other chat appear, took line of my phone an loads less problems, seems when loads of msg are being posted it lags. Could just be us all trying to find answers in strange places to account for bugs that will not go away since 12.0
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    LINE is definitely a huge problem for me. Noticed that the line message notifications really mess up the game. My FPS will drop and when people post images it gets really bad. Line is definitely a huge part of the issues with this game which is why kabam probably has trouble reproducing it.
  • Fath3adFath3ad Posts: 27
    While I understand LINE and other messaging systems could be bogging down the game, I have to conclude it is not causing the problem. I quit the game for a month at update 14. I came back at 15 without LINE, and it still happened. Also, I'm on an S8+ and have disabled notifications during gameplay. I have now tested the boosts over 10 times with repeating results. It's ironic that the items to make you stronger get you knocked out.
    Thanks for the reply @Kabam Miike. I know that all of the background stuff going on can cause issues, but this was such a seemingly random thing. If I actually got to the bottom of it with the boost situation, send me a 6* duped starlord, please, and thanks in advance.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I think Seatin's theory is correct. I was playing arena flawlessly for a rotation, when I requested help (which took forever to do) then went back in the first fight was frozen for close to 4 seconds, right after the first parry to start the fight, and then super choppy frame rates for the rest of the round.

As long as I'm not requesting help everything is fine, and the more help requested and people clicking it the more it lags.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Drummer16 wrote: »
    LINE is definitely a huge problem for me. Noticed that the line message notifications really mess up the game. My FPS will drop and when people post images it gets really bad. Line is definitely a huge part of the issues with this game which is why kabam probably has trouble reproducing it.

Curious how much RAM you have. That may be contributing to that.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I have to say I've had some theories but nothing concrete. I've suspected that it's server-related, but not entirely because not everyone has the issue at the same time. Of course RAM affects how many programs we run at once. Processor has a part as well because the more weight on the Processor, the harder it is for it to work. I suspect it has to do with a combination of factors. I've noticed the game constantly sends and receives data, no doubt fueling the RNG as we fight. My experience is that the AI in full effect slows it down. I believe it may be a combination of high amounts of information sent and received, and the processing of the animations through the integration of the game and its interaction with the server. It seems that there are certain limits depending on the variables and the device. Of course, I have no idea for sure. It's been a question in process for me.
  • Well I have Galaxy 7edge and since I can't clean or optimize my phone do to what they told us here "KABAM " for us not to clean or optimize the ridicules extra data download well my parry , evading and blocking don't work especially in AW . But this is way off frustration now it a just boring to play at all specially do the none spender that work hard to get units and use them for AQ AND AW. Just remember back in Dec 2014 when this game was amazing u had blast playing u wouldn't even sleep cause it was so fun . No I got on and stuff like blocking and evading started giving problems I just exit and go to sleep .
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    Fath3ad wrote: »
    While I understand LINE and other messaging systems could be bogging down the game, I have to conclude it is not causing the problem. I quit the game for a month at update 14. I came back at 15 without LINE, and it still happened. Also, I'm on an S8+ and have disabled notifications during gameplay. I have now tested the boosts over 10 times with repeating results. It's ironic that the items to make you stronger get you knocked out.

Thank you for the theory! I've passed it on to the team to test. I do want to point out though, even if your notifications are off, your device can still be receiving the Pushes for the notifications, and that definitely does affect performance in not only our game, but any processor intensive application.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/27786/awful-game-lag-game-freezing-video-attached#latest

No notifications. No apps in the background Everything up to date and had just turned on my my device.
  • AliabAliab Posts: 138
    No. I use line and am in so many group chats that are constantly pinging and my game doesn’t get slowed down. I have the notifications turned off. I don’t know if boosts are causing the issue or the phone software(iOS 13). Cause the app even when you leave for a second now it restarts to loading page it’s such a drag and apps closing on their own including the game. Its definitely not Line though. Trying to blame it on Line cause Kabam is launching their own mcoc chat application. Although I am excited about that and pre-registered.
  • AliabAliab Posts: 138
    I think it’s more likely that the new iOS software has messed up pretty much most apps that I’m using on my phone. They all restart on their own without being closed, the screen glitches/slows down, and other issues. Since I updated, the game always restarts upon exiting, when I go for another arena run it shows I can only use one champ/will have to leave arena and enter again. And parry has been adjusted/nerfed? I have all the right masteries for it to trigger easily but sometimes feels like I have to press down extra hard on the screen for it to work.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Aliab wrote: »
    No. I use line and am in so many group chats that are constantly pinging and my game doesn’t get slowed down. I have the notifications turned off. I don’t know if boosts are causing the issue or the phone software(iOS 13). Cause the app even when you leave for a second now it restarts to loading page it’s such a drag and apps closing on their own including the game. Its definitely not Line though. Trying to blame it on Line cause Kabam is launching their own mcoc chat application. Although I am excited about that and pre-registered.

You can't say it's definitely not something cos that something could effect certain people an not others. And it ws me who first said line caused issues cos as soon I I removed it from my phone the issues stopped. Also kabam as not launching a chat app , it's a 3rd party app like line just developed solely for mcoc by mcoc players
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★

I believe I have discovered your issue. You are running a future version of iOS. No wonder MCoC does not run smoothly.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★

We're all living in 2017, while this guy already has iOS 13 in 2019.
  • TheremonTheremon Posts: 62
    I've had a theory that it's the number of masteries that cause some of the issues. I could play with my lower account just fine on my iPad mini 2, but when I loaded my main account when my phone battery was dead, it lagged so bad I couldn't play. One account is about level 40, the good one is 60, so masteries are the key difference. When you're doing AW or arena, you have twice as many masteries since you're fighting a player's account so that's a lot more calculations. Story & AQ only have yours.
    Well, it's seems it's not the boost! Lol. Continued trying tests today, and without boosts, I am getting block drops and combo drops. To be clear, the game doesn't lag, or glitch out, or reset. Block just stop working and combos stop while you are repeatedly pressing to attack. I know for sure that this isn't on all devices, and isn't specific to android or iOS. Many alliances mates have the issue, with many different phones. I really don't have the faintest idea what's causing it, but I really hope they have the whole team focus on this soon. It is extremely frustrating to get beaten by a Thor lol. Also, all of the revives and potions used from getting smacked in war and AQ have really added up over the last 4 to 5 months of this glitch.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    I think it’s more likely that the new iOS software has messed up pretty much most apps that I’m using on my phone. They all restart on their own without being closed, the screen glitches/slows down, and other issues. Since I updated, the game always restarts upon exiting, when I go for another arena run it shows I can only use one champ/will have to leave arena and enter again. And parry has been adjusted/nerfed? I have all the right masteries for it to trigger easily but sometimes feels like I have to press down extra hard on the screen for it to work.

What is the future of MCOC like? Are we at 8* champs by then?
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Theremon wrote: »
    I've had a theory that it's the number of masteries that cause some of the issues. I could play with my lower account just fine on my iPad mini 2, but when I loaded my main account when my phone battery was dead, it lagged so bad I couldn't play. One account is about level 40, the good one is 60, so masteries are the key difference. When you're doing AW or arena, you have twice as many masteries since you're fighting a player's account so that's a lot more calculations. Story & AQ only have yours.

This is a great theory actually. Seriously.
    I can't imagine the game calculations happening at that point:

Your masteries vs opposing champ masteries vs node buffs vs boosts vs individual champ utilities modifying all of it vs champ * rating vs difficulty level vs "last-run sequence" difficulty in story and monthly quests......

....Add to that any bugs in all of those calculation

....Add to THAT device specs, internet connection reliability and latency, player fault (often conveniently lost in the details)

Yup it's a world-wide programmatic multi-device mobile game with extremely complicated mechanics. That's the problem.
    Theremon wrote: »

This is a great theory actually. Seriously.
    I can't imagine the game calculations happening at that point:

Your masteries vs opposing champ masteries vs node buffs vs boosts vs individual champ utilities modifying all of it vs champ * rating vs difficulty level vs "last-run sequence" difficulty in story and monthly quests......

....Add to that any bugs in all of those calculation

....Add to THAT device specs, internet connection reliability and latency, player fault (often conveniently lost in the details)

Yup it's a world-wide programmatic multi-device mobile game with extremely complicated mechanics. That's the problem.

But, it's one of the highest grossing games on the market. So, they should have plenty of money to get a good team on fixing all these bugs.