**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kitty Pryde- A meta defining champ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

https://youtu.be/n9bSfvXTcO8

we all play differently guys. the power gain was never a problem for me and i solo'd her with DDHK every time. it was the fact that i could play her like i normally do that was the most important thing to ME. her power gain never came into play.

I see what you mean now, it seemed like you were saying "it's fine guys, you can just hit her while she's phased" but reading your message back now and watching the video, I don't think that's what the main pro of DD against her is, it's just a safety net so you don't get caught by her miss. Is that what you mean?

Plus, in that video I think he never intercepts, and only hits her phase a couple times, baiting out specials and heavies instead, so I think that's where the misunderstanding came from
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★

https://youtu.be/n9bSfvXTcO8

we all play differently guys. the power gain was never a problem for me and i solo'd her with DDHK every time. it was the fact that i could play her like i normally do that was the most important thing to ME. her power gain never came into play.

I see what you mean now, it seemed like you were saying "it's fine guys, you can just hit her while she's phased" but reading your message back now and watching the video, I don't think that's what the main pro of DD against her is, it's just a safety net so you don't get caught by her miss. Is that what you mean?

Plus, in that video I think he never intercepts, and only hits her phase a couple times, baiting out specials and heavies instead, so I think that's where the misunderstanding came from
    yes sir that's exactly what i'm saying.
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★

Then of course she benefits from true focus which I'm not the biggest fan of personally, but it means *nothing* counters her phase at all.

Nothing counters her phase so far* because you know we will get a node or champion that counters it’s eventually.
    New tech champion -
    While [insert character ability state] is active, attacks cannot miss. If opponent miss is prevented, drain x amount power and place [delayed blast type passive] that deals x amount of direct damage for each hit
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

Then of course she benefits from true focus which I'm not the biggest fan of personally, but it means *nothing* counters her phase at all.

Nothing counters her phase so far* because you know we will get a node or champion that counters it’s eventually.
    Her phase isn't counter by the same things ghosts phase is?
    Nope. Anything that counters phase still does no damage to her when duped, and the instead the hits give her extra power(250% more power when at max sig) all the while pausing her phase timer lol.
  • Options
    IcePick said:

(1) the top mutants like OR, Stryfe, Apocalyose and Magneto actually battle 10+ x-men at a time in the comics. And AA, Professor X, Iceman, etc are all very powerful mutants. But kitty is more like a jubilee or a rogue. Ridiculous to make her a top choice in terms of mutants

I never understand this objection in general, but I *really* don't understand this objection in this specific case. There are no ten on one fights in MCOC, and in a one on one fight there are few powers that would be more dangerous in a one on one fight than the ability to become intangible at will. And on a world where everyone is huffing Celestial dust to ramp up their strength a cosmicly weaponized Kitty Pryde would be far more hazardous than a lot of the more conventionally powerful mutants out there.
  • Options
    Hoitado said:

I just think it’s bogus that Kabam nerfs the “old meta champions” and the immediately adds a character that not only isn’t affected by the node but actually benefits from it.

IcePick said:

(3) kabam is starting to nerf ghost and quake with the new node. I’m ok with it, but not if they now introduce a new champ who is not only immune to that but actually BENEFITS from that new node. It reeks of self-interest.

Also, I have no idea why people keep mentioning this as if it is weird. This is what progressional games do. This is what all progressional games do. This is part of how progress is built into the structure of the game. Something always comes along that counters what came before. Something will always come along that counters that in the future. The top dogs eventually get pushed down, and new things come out that surpass them. This is not accidental. This is deliberate, and it is not going to change. This isn't something that sometimes happens in the game. This is the game.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,158 ★★★★★

Best mutant?
    Nah..
    We have Mag's,Apocalypse and AA
    Top 7 Yes

You think AA is better than kitty pride?
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    DawsMan said:

Best mutant?
    Nah..
    We have Mag's,Apocalypse and AA
    Top 7 Yes

You think AA is better than kitty pride?

AA is easily better than Kitty