**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Red goblin bug?

KirklinKirklin Posts: 149
edited September 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
So I using him on whats mine is yours path in map 7. For some reason spidergwen keeps evading me while he has 100% chance to stop pass evades vs spiderverse heros.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• DuramDuram Posts: 7
    Because it decreases it by 100% and if the evade is above 100% by a node or something it can still evade
  • KirklinKirklin Posts: 149
    All the node says is that her ability trigger 20% more often. Doesn't say anything about her evade being above 100%
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Kirklin said:

All the node says is that her ability trigger 20% more often. Doesn't say anything about her evade being above 100%

So basically that 20% chance ignores that ability roblin has.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Kirklin said:

That makes her Evade have a 120% Chance to activate, and as someone stated before Red Goblin only reduces that chance by 100%. Leaving her with a 20% Chance to Evade.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Ability accuracy and... ability chance are separate.

What is happening here, is that Spider-Gwen has 100% Ability Accuracy, and x% chance to Evade.

Red Goblin removes 100% Ability Accuracy, giving her 0% Ability Accuracy, and thus 0% chance to Evade... right?

The node gives her + 20% Ability Accuracy.

So, she now has (x/5)% chance to Evade, and not zero.
  • Hey there, just wanted to confirm that what other players said was correct. Red Goblin would reduce her Evade ability accuracy first, and the node would add on 20% Evade ability accuracy after that calculation.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Zibiit but what you are stating is

100% - 100% = 0% now the 0% has a 20% chance to trigger.

Because if roblins AAR starts first she insta has 0% and node says they trigger 20% MORE OFTEN so 20% for 0?
    edited September 2021

Hey there, just wanted to confirm that what other players said was correct. Red Goblin would reduce her Evade ability accuracy first, and the node would add on 20% Evade ability accuracy after that calculation.

It doesn't say it increase her invade by 20%. Its says she will trigger her abilities (evade) 20% more often. Not that she has a 120% chance to evade. @Kabam Zibiit
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    And btw it doesnt say it INCREASES her AAR by 20% It says it TRIGGERS 20% MORE OFTEN

And btw it doesnt say it INCREASES her AAR by 20% It says it TRIGGERS 20% MORE OFTEN

Thats whats im trying to tell them. She has 0 AAR so that 20% will do nothing. 0 x 20 = 0
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Zan0 said:

This node suffers from age. The description could and should be changed to what it actually does

But the node is working as intended that they gain AA

Yeah, the description isn't great.

I never realised how Ability Accuracy actually works until I had an Enhanced Abilities Spider-man evade my Falcon while under Lock-On and was like "wat" until I saw a topic about it and was like "Oh."

For another example, consider how Longshot has 300% Ability Accuracy.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★

@Kabam Zibiit but what you are stating is

100% - 100% = 0% now the 0% has a 20% chance to trigger.

Because if roblins AAR starts first she insta has 0% and node says they trigger 20% MORE OFTEN so 20% for 0?

The formula is this:

AA (as a decimal) × base %chance to trigger = actual %chance to to trigger.

Without the enhanced abilities node, the equation is this:

1 × 7% = 7%

With the enhanced abilities node and red goblin's AAR, the equation is this:

0.2 × 7% = 1.4%