**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What Counts as Alliance War Participation?

HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
I’m going to actually participate in an alliance for the first time since Uncollected and am wondering what counts as Participation in Wars?

Must I put defenders and Attack? Just one? I only put defenders in the last war and didn’t attack but still got Alliance War Victory Mail Rewards so I’m unsure

Thank You
-Dr. Zola

Comments

• HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

entering the map. do nothing, just enter.

Do I not have to put defenders? Also how many wars left?
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★

Hoitado said:

entering the map. do nothing, just enter.

Do I not have to put defenders? Also how many wars left?
    this is the 10th war i believe. and if you dont put defenders, they'll be put randomly when the placement phase expires. i dont think you can enter with 0 defenders, so that isnt a possibility. although you can just skip placement phase, enter attack phase, do nothing, and it still counts as participation.
    Oh, it is possible. We fought enemies with less Defenders or even no Defenders a few times (especially between Seasons when some are downranking). Kinda a free Win.

Participation … is any participation. Placing Defense counts, only jumping in for attack or doing both counts, too.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Does placement occur randomly if you don't place defender? I think they don't get placed at all.

OP. I think either place defense or join attack. If there are not enough members, I think you can join attack without placing defense. Either one counts as participation.
    xLunatiXx said:

So you want to "participate in an alliance" but don't want to put defenders or put minimal effort.. ok !

Wow, you’re that guy, huh?

@SpideyFunko and @xLunatiXx

I’m not “that guy” lol

I have a lot of responsibilities lately and am asking if I can still get rewards if I’m too busy to place defenders or too busy to attack. I’m fine placing defenders quite frankly I like it because I get to see innocent souls fail against them but sometimes IRL problems arise that make me not able to play when I need to.

Wow. You actually ARE that guy @Hoitado. You wanna leech off rewards while doing the bare minimum to help. Most of everybody in an ally has an outside life, but makes time to actually help. You do you though man, I can see why you didn’t join one before 🤷‍♂️

@BirthOfTheCool You didn’t read anything that I said did you? My alliance only has 2 Battlegroups and 20 people who participate in them. I am one of those 20 and because of responsibilities lately I haven’t been able to help my ally as much as I want to. I joined for rewards but I still want to help my alliance in any way possible so that we can maximize what we get. I asked a simple question and you just twisted my words
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,214 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Does placement occur randomly if you don't place defender? I think they don't get placed at all.

Now it does. It was changed few seasons ago.
  • LBN1LBN1 Posts: 186 ★★
    If you don't want to anger your Alliance mates, place solid defenders and then also attack. Doing 1 without the other, is quite annoying in my view.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,303 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    In order of preference:
    1. Place defenders and contribute on attack by actually helping explore
    2. Either place defenders/contribute in attack phase(if you for some reason cannot do option 1)
    3. Don’t place defenders and join attack and either don’t move/join attack after map is fully explored.
    Option 3 is least preferred and you may be at risk of getting kicked if you do it more than once.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    If fewer than 10 people place defenders in a battle group you can join in the attack phase even if you didn't place. This counts as participation. You will also have participated if you place but don't attack.
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    Hoitado said:

I’m going to actually participate in an alliance for the first time since Uncollected and am wondering what counts as Participation in Wars?

Must I put defenders and Attack? Just one? I only put defenders in the last war and didn’t attack but still got Alliance War Victory Mail Rewards so I’m unsure

Thank You
    -Dr. Zola

.... Is this post serious?...
  • JuggerNotJuggerNot Posts: 432 ★★
    Try both depending on how large your roster is.

-Dr. Zola
  • Stebo_79Stebo_79 Posts: 636 ★★★
    edited September 2021
    Doesn't really take much time/effort to place defenders and do a few fights in attack. Doing the bare minimum to get rewards is a bit of a **** move.

-Dr. Zola.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    We are Dr Zola
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Hoitado said:

Thank You
    -Dr. Zola

You can directly join attack phase and skip Defence but the alliance will gladly give you a golden boot for doing so
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Graves_3 said:

In order of preference:
    1. Place defenders and contribute on attack by actually helping explore
    2. Either place defenders/contribute in attack phase(if you for some reason cannot do option 1)
    3. Don’t place defenders and join attack and either don’t move/join attack after map is fully explored.
    Option 3 is least preferred and you may be at risk of getting kicked if you do it more than once.

4. Why be in an alliance? Just play without one.