**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why don't you straight up permanently ban cheaters?

The_Flying_Jew82The_Flying_Jew82 Posts: 71
edited September 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
I don't even work for kabam and I can spot cheaters from their YouTube channels, line groups, and facebook groups. I have a feeling you guys don't really want to stop these cheaters, it looks line you just want to slow the spread down.

Please explain why you give short bans instead of stopping the cheaters permanently.

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,186 ★★★★★
    I’m meant one can change with a ban even though then I’m rather hav them to restart the account. After the ban so if there still cheats after the first ban permanently is fine many wil disagree with me but I’m do agree if it the same person get ban it need to be permanently
  • Options
    rischiorischio Posts: 163

I don't even work for kabam and I can spot cheaters from their YouTube channels, line groups, and facebook groups. I have a feeling you guys don't really want to stop these cheaters, it looks line you just want to slow the spread down.

Please explain why you give short bans instead of stopping the cheaters permanently.

I doubt they go after individuals unless someone reports them, they run some sort of analytics bot and look for mass violations of the ToS. If you do this you have to account for potential innocent casualties so cannot permanently ban unless it's serial violations.

Those are my 0.02$.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    I think Kabam doles out bans based on what different algorithms find in players' behaviour, not "because they cheat". I think you can report someone for cheating and have their possible offense reviewed, but otherwise I think it's an automatic process.

I've personally been banned twice, neither of which was for cheating. The first time was due to me using an emulator - not to cheat, but in order to play the game when a medical condition made me unable to play the game on a phone. The second time I don't know why I was banned - I got no explanation except the standard "you've breached the TOS somehow" answer - but I think it may have been because I both tried out playing on several devices (since I couldn't continue on the emulator) and was hopping back and forth between different locations (different hospitals, due to my medical condition). I suspect that it triggered some kind of "he is allowing other players to pilot his account" automatic response from Kabam. If that's not the case, I have no idea what happened.

But regardless, my point is that it's perfectly possible to get caught up in Kabam's anti-cheat bans even if you're not cheating. I still breached their TOS (at least in the first case) but that was more...well...not exactly accidentally, but at least in a non-cheating way. As such, I appreciated that I wasn't instantly just permabanned for my offense. I got a warning and, after adhering to it, never breached the TOS again. I think that's how the system should be. If you continue to rack up bans or your cheating is especially egregious, you will most likely get a permanent ban eventually. However, until that happens, I prefer that Kabam give people the benefit of the doubt and give them the chance to change their ways.