**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Things to look out for as alliance leader?

ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
I was talking with some of my officers today after the message about how Kabam will take action against cheaters. We aren't about anything like that, so we talked about how we could make sure to not get dragged down - as an alliance - if there were cheaters among us. I'm not concerned about any of the longtimers but we've had a few openings lately and a lot of newcomers coming and going. One in particular indicated pretty clearly in their username that they were two people sharing the account.

Since neither of us had any real answers to the question we were asking each other, I thought I'd ask the wider community about tips on how to handle things. Do you have any experience with cheaters in your alliance? How do you spot anything like that? Are there any particular red flags to look out for? Are there steps that you can do - as an alliance, an officer or a leader - to prevent cheating within your own alliance?

Comments

• Options
    Alright, thanks @Ghostboytjie and @DoubleDelta. I'll keep those things in mind. However, it does sound from your replies that these issues are more prominent in high-end alliances. If so, we're probably fairly safe since we're nowhere near that level. I just wanted to check in with the rest of the community since we got a little spooked by a dodgy member joining right as we got that message about alliances potentially facing repercussions for "harboring" cheaters.

So I'm really thankful for your answer. They were really helpful.
  • Options
    Hm, interesting suggestion. I'll keep that in mind!
  • Options
    2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    Not always, non-communication could be a sign, especially non or limited response to direct contact. Sure there are people who just don't want to talk. I feel someone not responding to what I consider simple communication is a problem.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    ZERO tolerance. you cheat. we boot. period.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    We also have some new recruits but they died in the war many times, I suppose we're fine.

Other than that, talking to them about progression. What they want to do, how they want to do it helps know them better.

A cheater will cheat no matter what, it's very difficult to pin point. Hire slow, no more than 1 or 2 people at a time.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I've never had cheaters in any alliance I've been in as far as I know. When I have been the Leader, the thing I looked out for most was someone to take over as Leader as quickly as possible lol.
  • Options
    Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    Easiest thing period, have them record fights and send them to you before adding to ally.
  • Options
    Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    Takes care of the bought accounts and blue stacks (or whatever) at the same time.
  • Options
    RahultripathiRahultripathi Posts: 233 ★★
    Look at the stats of player.. there are cheating player in global chat all the time and one thing in common is their PvP fight, quest fight won and Quests complete will be always be low. Most if not all p2p or f2p TB or 6 star rank3 player will have PVP fights above 10k.
  • Options
    Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★

Depends , Our ally knows a cheater when we see one.

It can depend on HOW FAST your member progresses , especially if he doesnt have counters on specific content. You look at titles and you look how he preforms in War and AQ.

Similiar Name thing is not that bad , I have 2 accounts with near same name that I run in ally (officer on 1).

This 1 time we spot out a cheater , he had completed The Sabertooth LoL Carina Challenge AND Loki Challenge Within a 20 Minute Window , so what we did was Narrow down ALL the thronebreakers , we saw the rewards so we let them all put their Champ + 4* + rewards on Ally Champion Board. Everyone did EXCEPT 1.
    All the sudden he "couldnt" log in and "forgot password" so he got kicked.

You can NEVER be sure of cheaters and its NOT easy to spot them (if they dont make it obvious ofc)

Let me note down that technique damn that's good one
  • Options
    Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★

Depends , Our ally knows a cheater when we see one.

It can depend on HOW FAST your member progresses , especially if he doesnt have counters on specific content. You look at titles and you look how he preforms in War and AQ.

Similiar Name thing is not that bad , I have 2 accounts with near same name that I run in ally (officer on 1).

This 1 time we spot out a cheater , he had completed The Sabertooth LoL Carina Challenge AND Loki Challenge Within a 20 Minute Window , so what we did was Narrow down ALL the thronebreakers , we saw the rewards so we let them all put their Champ + 4* + rewards on Ally Champion Board. Everyone did EXCEPT 1.
    All the sudden he "couldnt" log in and "forgot password" so he got kicked.

You can NEVER be sure of cheaters and its NOT easy to spot them (if they dont make it obvious ofc)

1. How do you know how long it took him?

2. What do you mean by their Champ + 4* + rewards?

3. What's an ally champion board?