**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Am I planning too many 5-star rankups or so I need to plan even more?

StarlordisWickedStarlordisWicked Posts: 295
edited September 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I'm significantly backed up on rankups because I've grinded out so many cav crystals on this one year-old account that I haven't farmed enough catalysts to keep up.  Currently I am trying to focus on maxing out my 5-star champs before focusing on the 6 stars because those are where my beyond-god-tier champs lie.  Below is a general plan for my 5-stars over the next year.   Should I be focusing on ranking up some 6-stars instead of so many 5-stars or should I stay the course?  Entering 6.4 in story mode so not that close to TB yet but have been selecting mystic catalysts to take BWCV as first rank 3 six-star eventually.  

Current 6 Stars at Rank2 :  BWCV
Current 6-stars at Rank 1:  Aegon (Sig 35), She-Hulk, Falcon, Havok, Sabretooth, Dragon Man, Longshot, Jubilee, DDHK, Invisible Woman, Howard, IMIW, Diablo, Heimdall, Omega Red, Sentinel, Cable, Nebula, Yondu, Superior Iron Man, Guillotine, CAWW2, Winter Solider

Current 5-stars at Rank 5:  CAIW, Ghost, AA, NF, Colossus, Hyperion, Apocalypse, Magneto
Current 5-stars planned for Rank 5 and current rank: G2099 sig 40 (r4), Captain Marvel Movie Sig 30 (r4), Professor X Sig 20 (R4), Cosmic Ghost Rider (r4), Human Torch sig 25 (rank 3), Domino Sig 25 (rank 3, and with all synergy partners as 5*)

Current 5-stars to take/keep at rank 4 and current rank:  Falcon sig 100 (r4), BWCV sig 20 (r4), Hit Monkey sig 20 (R4), Spider-Ham (R4), Magik Sig 100 (R4), Symbiote Supreme (R4), Venom Sig 40 (R4), Guardian Sig 185 (r3), Tigra Sig 110 (r2), Namor Sig 100 (r2), Thing Sig 50 (R2), Blade Sig 60 (r2), Stark SM (r2), GR Sig 20 (r2), Stealth SM (r2), Sunspot (r2), Emma (r2), DV (Sig 30)

Current 5-stars planned to take/keep at rank 3 and current rank:  The Hood sig 100 (r3), Wasp Sig 20 (r3)), She-Hulk (R3), Red Guardian Sig 40 (r2), Vison Aarkhus Sig 20 (R2), Havok Sig 20 (R2), Moleman Sig 20 (r2), Cull Obsidian (r2), HB sig 20 (rank 2), Gwenpool sig 20 (r1), Gladiator Hulk sig 20 (r1), Storm Pyramid X sig 20 (r1), Iceman (r1), Kinpin (r1), Darkhawk sig 20 (r1), Diablo sig 20 (r1), Crossbones sig 20 (r1), Medusa (r1), Ronin (r1), Angela (r1), Ultron (r1), Spider-Gwen (r1), Massacre sig 20 (r1), Red Hulk sig 20 (r1)

Am I planning too many 5-star rankups or so I need to plan even more? 12 votes

Stay the Course. You don't have enough rank 5 five-star champs yet
41% 5 votes
Focus even more on 5-stars and take some of the planned rank 3 and rank 4 higher
25% 3 votes
You need to rank up 1-2 6-star champs very soon
8% 1 vote
You need to rank up 3+ 6-star champs very soon
16% 2 votes
What a rank-up backlog. I am glad I am not you. Any choice will work.
8% 1 vote
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    Focus on champion acquisition. Play arena for shards. 5* are the core basic arena champ. I'm earning 4K 6* shards per week. Rank champs to help you complete content. 5* are still completing content.
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 536 ★★★
    How long are you planning on taking to do 6.4?
    If not too long, I would start looking at ranking up your 6* r1's, just because once you get to Act 7, you'll get bonuses for taking 6*s into the quests.
    If you're planning on taking some time to explore Act 6 before moving into Act 7, then I would rank up your high-level 5*s.
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 536 ★★★
    Also BWCV saved me so many units in 6.4. Her regen in bleed mode let her cruise through a lot of lanes with barely any health loss.
  • HudsonmanHudsonman Posts: 52
    My answer would not be one of the choices listed. R5 beyond god Tier 5* or God Tier champs that fill a utility roster need. Leave the other 5* champs at R1 R2 R3 wherever they currently are and ignore them in favor of 6* rank ups. Also I very much disagree with the champion acquisition post. You got the roster to complete everything from abyss to act 7.2. You need rank up materials and the good news is content also gives you crystal shards. I would stop buying cav crystals with the units you get from Arena and use them to complete content. Start by 100% variants 5/6/7-spicy rewards for relatively easy content. Get Act 6 completion done. Than 100% act 7.1 and 7.2 prior to trying to 100% act 6. And honestly if I had to do it today I'm not even sure i would 100% act 6. Act 7 is way easier and more fun IMO with much better rewards.
  • JaggedSacJaggedSac Posts: 56
    2StarKing said:

Focus on champion acquisition. Play arena for shards. 5* are the core basic arena champ. I'm earning 4K 6* shards per week. Rank champs to help you complete content. 5* are still completing content.

How are you getting those 6* shards from Arena?
  • I'd like to thank the board for a very interesting and detailed discussion. I had to restart the game, so I became uncollected in about 2 weeks thanks to a 4 star ghost and cavalier in about 2 months thanks to a 5-star one. But since then I've been treading water (slowly doing 6.2 and 6.3 only) while grinding so many units and shards to open up probably 150 cav crystals from grinding alone. . I was originally hoping to get a Dr. Room, Quake, and Corvus as a 5-star,-all of whom have alluded me. But I think I've gotten enough quality champs I should focus on progression and on clearing content instead of cavalier crystals . As has been noted, I need a lot of rank up materials, and it might be another 300 5-star crystals and 2000 cav crystals before I roll a 5-star Doom.