**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

MCOC/forum pet peeves.

IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
edited September 2021 in General Discussion
What are some pet peeves you have about the game and or forums/community? For starters, I don’t really like when people tag kabam mods in comments and posts. Something about it just irks me.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Mine is possible user error, although not always. It irks me when people will post in the wrong section. To be fair, they could be new or select the wrong section. My OCD goes nuts when I see something like a Bug Report in the Alliance Tab. Lol.
  • Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★
    When people say “get gud”…
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    I like this thread idea!

For me, disagree spammers, compensation threads, the game is dying, I'm quitting (i hate those the most). People treat this like facebook alittle to much.

I also hate constant crystal opening threads. Occasional or a champ you've been dying to get, a new champ those are great. But when i see people constantly doing it (especially the same people), its miserable. Heck i saw someone post about rolling a 4* nexus. whoop-de-freaken-do!
    Another one is "State of the Game" Threads. You see so many of them.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Disagree spammers who just put disagree for no reason. People ask questions, they provide evidence, or other things that people press the disagree button as a dislike button. You get an entire thread that has 1 disagree on 30 posts, it’s so obviously one person trolling.

This isn’t Facebook, the disagree button is for things you disagree with, not because you don’t like someone.

Kabam used to give warnings out to people who used the report Spam or Abuse buttons when they were a thing. I wish they’d give warnings out for people who spammed disagrees too.

For this reason it means nothing to me. If someone disagrees with my opinion, I welcome a discussion on why. To everyone else pressing the button… cool, I guess?
    I’ll rarely press disagree and leave it. If I disagree enough about something then I’ll tell that person why.

For all that we do disagree about, GW is probably the best example of disagree spamming. He puts jokes, unrelated comments or whatever and get disagrees everywhere.

People don’t get that it just undermines what they think. The agree/disagree buttons are to let the average reader of the forum and Kabam know what the people think. It’s a form of feedback. If Kabam see a good suggestion or point, and a bunch of people have disagreed with it because you don’t like them, it may be thought of as a bad point.

Not to mention that it doesn’t have the desired effect on the person you’re disagreeing with. I’d guess they want to either put your disagree count up, or to let them know they disagree with you.

I’ve had disagrees spammed, and I don’t give 2 hoots about my disagree count. I now also don’t know whether people disagree with me on some things genuinely, or if they’re spamming. So I just carry on posting. If someone doesn’t care enough about what I’ve said to actually write and disagree with me, I’ll assume it was a spam.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Every time there is any change players don't agree with, there are threads threatening Kabam that they are quitting and saying that the game is dying.

"most players are quitting"
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★

Every time there is any change players don't agree with, there are threads threatening Kabam that they are quitting and saying that the game is dying.

So many contradictions in those posts too lmao. Everyone asked to remove side quests because they were too long, so kabams solution was objectives, and many people hated it and called it boring.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Bruh why do I even try at this point
    "Elsa is...."
    Let me just stop you right there.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

"Elsa is...."

lol lets try to keep the thread nice....might stir some pots on that one
    Skiddy212 said:

"Elsa is...."

lol lets try to keep the thread nice....might stir some pots on that one
    I mean those conversations go nowhere. Lol.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

Disagree spammers who just put disagree for no reason. People ask questions, they provide evidence, or other things that people press the disagree button as a dislike button. You get an entire thread that has 1 disagree on 30 posts, it’s so obviously one person trolling.

This isn’t Facebook, the disagree button is for things you disagree with, not because you don’t like someone.

Kabam used to give warnings out to people who used the report Spam or Abuse buttons when they were a thing. I wish they’d give warnings out for people who spammed disagrees too.

There was a time when you could see who had tagged your post.

Bring that back and eliminate cowardly disagrees. And treat spamming reactions the same way spamming posts gets treated.

Dr. Zola
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Mine is possible user error, although not always. It irks me when people will post in the wrong section. To be fair, they could be new or select the wrong section. My OCD goes nuts when I see something like a Bug Report in the Alliance Tab. Lol.

always in recent discussion so i would never know