**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who to R3?

CropDusterCropDuster Posts: 758 ★★★
edited September 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I have been holding off on using my Cosmic T5CC for months now and I have no clue who to rank up between the two options.
So who would be best as a R3 candidate?

Who to R3? 35 votes

CG (unawakened)
62%
SpeedbumpOliverJWColinJensen21LiquidkoldMoosetiptronicJuggerNotFluffyPigMonsterBugmat78Sarvanga1_Ewell65SSS69MauledPeke20RenaxqqBeastDadŘïdđhįmBollandraviXsharmaFlyGalaxyBombTJayDraconic_12 22 votes
Venom (unawakened)
37%
Haji_SaabrockykostonEtjamaIron_Patriot_is_litSpideyFunkoGogiNewlinstheoryScrubhanScarcity27WooptyfrickendooMurfi19Grulpo85MutantA___4444 13 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    CG (unawakened)
    Corvus and run
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Venom (unawakened)
    Corvus can do more but I find Venom more fun
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    1)Is your t5cc expiring?
    2)Will this get you TB?

If your answer to both the questions is no, then save it, otherwise, venom
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    CG (unawakened)

Corvus can do more but I find Venom more fun

I agree with this, but Corvus is the guy for me
  • Options
    GogiGogi Posts: 440 ★★★
    Venom (unawakened)
    I got Corvus at rank 3, and I would easily swap him for Venom. In your case you can't pick wrong with either.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,138 ★★★★★
    CG (unawakened)
    I'd say CG needs the extra health and attack more de to the limited glaive charges than Venom. Plus if you ever awaken him he will be even better. venom awakening doesn't do too much.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    I would probably wait for a better candidate. Corvus might benefit from the increase in attack but I honestly haven't used him in anything past early Act 6. The health pools just grew past him, especially before he is fully ramped up. I don't know if a single rank-up will change that. Maybe that + the Act 7 boost to 6*s? I don't know, I only have him as a 5*, and he's been sitting on the bench for the past year or more.

I haven't used Venom a lot either (unless I need to fight a spider-person) but he is a workhorse that always gets the job done fairly well. There are usually better alternatives but he is always a decent alternative. I have him at r2 as well and haven't been particularly excited about the prospect of ranking him up now that I'm closing in on a cosmic t5cc. Luckily I don't need to rank anyone up for TB so I can just sit on that t5cc until I have someone I'm comfortable with ranking up.

I would probably go with Venom. In the right circumstances and with the right synergy partners Corvus can be the better champion (especially awakened), but I just prefer Venom in day-to-day content.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    CG (unawakened)
    Corvus op
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    CG (unawakened)
    My rank 3 Corvus does a lot of heavy lifting, including in act 7, AQ and war (g2, tier 4/5).

Venom is better for EQ though