**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mephisto is unbeatable in the new challenge with the combination high regen and endless aura

Comments

• KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    @CapWW2 we didn't just get handed these champs man! My goodness, u have to earn it, months and years of work. We had to do the same thing.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    No everyone has a rank 4 5 star SL. Do itwith the 4 star then we can talk. Mephisto is just another move from kabam that made me retire

LOL you were the one calling for 6*, nerfed champs and harder content. This wasn't even hard.
  • I did it with 440s used a couple of team revives and mephisto was bs
  • ariebrkl wrote: »
    Mephisto is unbeatable in the new challenge with the combination high regen and endless aura.
    skill revives and units cant help
    what the hell?

Not true beatable and even video are available of him getting beat in that quest. You're just not ready for this level now but there is time so don't worry you can't get there
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Beat boss challenge with no revives and I don’t have a 5* r4 champ. I just have to stay away from him when his aura is up. I used a team of ghost rider, Hawkeye, quake, quake, and magik (did almost entire event with ghost rider; my quakes put in all the work against Mephisto basically)
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    @CapWW2 I totally agree with you. Morningstar and Mephisto are both scam champs.

I'm fairly rusty and I cleared this with a few revives but it doesn't change the fact that Mephisto and his aura of incineration is a laughable money grab.

I don't have Iceman or AA, so he needed to be beaten with a LOT of evading.

To people who don't have the time to grind for champs in arena (because that seems to be the only way I get the newer champs), toward the end I was just using the same technique I'd use on Spiderman. (For some reason, I have mastered every auto-evader except NC.) If you parry and drop two medium hits on him, you have a better chance of getting away from him if the aura pops up on the first hit. I used Ghost Rider and Vision mostly on him. If you get lucky with a heal block from Vision you can save yourself some extra work, but my personal opinion is that he's the money grab in the event.

My roster is strong enough to get to Morningstar with no revives. It's not strong enough to get through Mephisto.

Just do your best to drain the soul charges he has with your first champs. Remember, when you lose to him, he gains a soul and when the fight starts he steals your soul, so he will start with at least 2 souls every fight. If you can start a fight with him only having one soul, you've got a shot!
  • Ricardo60289Ricardo60289 Posts: 369
    OP is incorrect. Here's my selfie with the new Boss Rush awarded tittle. Skill + some revives and potions using my 4/40 Ice Man on Mephisto. cfbld77dcxa8.png
  • Chill510Chill510 Posts: 17
    edited October 2017
    Can someone tell me why Mephisto is not dropping soul’s after his L1 ? .... is this a bug. I obviously have Mephisto so I have an idea of how he works. But something doesn’t seem right. Check the video below

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlpMmcLFjpijxRH7zcP0kSntYbxC
  • RishRish Posts: 3
    So why is mephisto boss not losing soul charge when he hits sp1 ...he is supposed to use one with every sp1
  • Chill510Chill510 Posts: 17
    Scottryan wrote: »
    Rish wrote: »
    So why is mephisto boss not losing soul charge when he hits sp1 ...he is supposed to use one with every sp1

He does, if it hits you. He loses one when he places the debuff from his l1 on you. It has to hit to place the debuff

Ok got it. It’s does say that in the abilities description. Just figured they meant when he fires his L1. But it’s based off the debuff he places on you. Damn so I’m both pleased and pissed. He’s gonna be a awesome defender when I get him ranked. On the other hand it’s total **** that I gotta let the L1 hit me to deplete his souls.
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★
    Chill510 wrote: »

He does, if it hits you. He loses one when he places the debuff from his l1 on you. It has to hit to place the debuff

Ok got it. It’s does say that in the abilities description. Just figured they meant when he fires his L1. But it’s based off the debuff he places on you. Damn so I’m both pleased and pissed. He’s gonna be a awesome defender when I get him ranked. On the other hand it’s total **** that I gotta let the L1 hit me to deplete his souls.

Hes a good defender awake, asleep he is pretty easy. His regen is fixed so it doeant inflate based on nodes and boosts anymore making his regen pretty insignificant on defence
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★
    Chill510 wrote: »

Hes a good defender awake, asleep he is pretty easy. His regen is fixed so it doeant inflate based on nodes and boosts anymore making his regen pretty insignificant on defence
  • SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    I will never, EVER enter anything in this game that has Mephisto from this day on. And mark my words, every single master quest from next month on will have either: Mehipsto and/or NC and/or Juggernaut. And not only that, I will actively encourage everyone I know playing this Gdm not to spend a cent. All because of the **** claims that you're ``testing'' content by giving out a challenge that on ridiculous nodes that no one without bleed immune can pass. For the record I did this. And this will be the last one I ever do. Lag in controls, specials not firing, 20% aura chance and stacks 7 in a row. As far I'm concerned, goodbye.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    My Iceman normally would have been awesome against him but he does nothing about the regen. Scarlet was the real hero for me here. The aura is no big deal to evade and bait sp1. She nullified the heal eventually but not right off the bat.
    I did use 20% boost for my 4*s, 2 revives, and a few potions with no shame but Mephisto just kept coming back regen especially during aura until she got that heal nullified. Then he was done.

ol4dxsjrubp8.png
    qw9ggmr6whr7.png
    8cdxmpiujca8.png

I can't imagine how much easier this would have been with 5* champs. At least a few of the right ones.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    why is anybody complaining about morningstar? there are so many bleed immune champs available. if you don't have one, then maybe you aren't ready for this challenge.

i get mephisto being called a scam champ even though there are ways around it, but not morningstar.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    Qwerty wrote: »
    why is anybody complaining about morningstar? there are so many bleed immune champs available. if you don't have one, then maybe you aren't ready for this challenge.

i get mephisto being called a scam champ even though there are ways around it, but not morningstar.

some found it difficult things that some find difficult or takes them out there comfort zone so they find it easy to complain

think that makes more sense
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Well some champs have the ability to heal block in this game
    SlySly wrote: »
    I will never, EVER enter anything in this game that has Mephisto from this day on. And mark my words, every single master quest from next month on will have either: Mehipsto and/or NC and/or Juggernaut. And not only that, I will actively encourage everyone I know playing this Gdm not to spend a cent. All because of the **** claims that you're ``testing'' content by giving out a challenge that on ridiculous nodes that no one without bleed immune can pass. For the record I did this. And this will be the last one I ever do. Lag in controls, specials not firing, 20% aura chance and stacks 7 in a row. As far I'm concerned, goodbye.

I don’t even know how to respond to this...you are complaining because master quest may have a...nightcrawler or juggernaut??? Juggernaut has been in this game since I have started playing. And nc has been in this game for at least a year.

And you are correct. Someone without a bleed immune champ likely cannot get past blade. However, I have to believe that everyone who is “uncollected” has a bleed immune champ, right? Maybe they haven’t taken one to 4/40 or 5/50 (I have no clue why you wouldn’t take an immunity champ there so u have one...but okay).

But this isn’t the first event that has required champs with a certain ability. The Kamala khan event required a power locker or power drainer (I had neither, so I couldn’t complete it—Kamala boss was an “all or nothing”). The quake event had an ultron with a buff that inflicted poison (my only poison immune was a 3/30 cap marvel and I beat that event—I also didn’t have a duped bw who was the champ most used for Spider-Man).

Ultimately, I can’t figure out if you are complaining about people not having less immune champ (of which there are a lot in this game), or you are complaining bc you found this (pretty easy) event challenging.

Regardless, I could see complaining about champs like iceman, Mephisto, and dormamu. Maybe even electro. But not night crawler and juggernaut.
    How exactly is Morningstar a “scam champ?” Is it your view that abomination is a “scam champ” bc there isn’t much difference between him (use a poison immune) and her (use a bleed immune).
  • HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263
    Webslinger was harder than this lol and webslinger was easy as pie
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    People will always complain about champs they don’t know how to fight
  • HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★
    This was an easy challenge, you just need patience and skill for the last fight, the others are very easy fights.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @CapWW2 if you were trolling with those posts you got me lol. Thought you were serious. My bad.