**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Silver Centurion: What’s His Deal?

Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
edited September 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I just pulled him as a 6* out of the featured pool and was very happy to see him because I desperately needed a good tech champion, then realized I know basically nothing about him. I read his kit and he looks very solid on paper, but does anybody have any opinions on where he shines brightest or what his best rotations are?

Much appreciated!
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

If you can dupe him, he's way better. He rewards aggressive play style. Being duped, his plasma and shock are passive which is awesome. With an armor up, he's bleed and shock immune. He has huge DoT effects and he's incredible for tech Cav difficulty. He also has access to slow from SP1 and Sp3.

Isn’t the slow from heavy and sp3?
    yes, it’s on the heavy
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Appreciate that link @The_Sentry06, that was super helpful.

As of right now, this is what my 6* tech roster is looking like (with the new guy just offscreen):

I want to rank up a tech champ soon since it’s my weakest class with only Warlock and Guilly at r3. I’m gonna be going for the next featured crystal as well, mostly hoping for Peni Parker. If y’all were to compare the two, which would you prefer?
  • Options
    10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    I have 6* Silver Centurion at R3 and Peni will be next for Tech, most likely. So far I prefer Silver Centurion, but I am still getting used to Peni, so that may change as I get more familiar with her.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

If you can dupe him, he's way better. He rewards aggressive play style. Being duped, his plasma and shock are passive which is awesome. With an armor up, he's bleed and shock immune. He has huge DoT effects and he's incredible for tech Cav difficulty. He also has access to slow from SP1 and Sp3.

Isn’t the slow from heavy and sp3?
    Sorry, yes on heavy. My bad. Heal Block on sp1
  • Options
  • Options
    AstoundsAstounds Posts: 323 ★★
    I have mine at 5/65 200, he has a lot of utility and damage you dont really see (plasma and combos ending in medium). No big yellow numbers but the plasma when you sp2 and have 7 stacks and you end with a medium is really underrated damage. I use him sporadically when needed because his DoT damage isn't a debuff it's the passive so that's super useful. He can shock shock immune opponents since it isnt a debuff. Id give him like a 7/10. Above average. But not insane.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

As of right now, this is what my 6* tech roster is looking like (with the new guy just offscreen):

I want to rank up a tech champ soon since it’s my weakest class with only Warlock and Guilly at r3. I’m gonna be going for the next featured crystal as well, mostly hoping for Peni Parker. If y’all were to compare the two, which would you prefer?

IMIW is also good option for tech cavalier he gains 10 furies faster then any tech champ 🤣
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Civil god ftw
  • Options
    Thefire13 said:

Astounds said:

I have mine at 5/65 200, he has a lot of utility and damage you dont really see (plasma and combos ending in medium). No big yellow numbers but the plasma when you sp2 and have 7 stacks and you end with a medium is really underrated damage. I use him sporadically when needed because his DoT damage isn't a debuff it's the passive so that's super useful. He can shock shock immune opponents since it isnt a debuff. Id give him like a 7/10. Above average. But not insane.

you cant shock a shock immune champ even if its passive
    I think they meant effects. So if some one is debuffs immune, I can still place shock and plasma DOTs on them. Dr Doom is shock immune so I can't shock him. Similar to how Torch bypasses incinerate immune champs.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Thefire13 said:

Astounds said:

I think they meant effects. So if some one is debuffs immune, I can still place shock and plasma DOTs on them. Dr Doom is shock immune so I can't shock him. Similar to how Torch bypasses incinerate immune champs.
    I think he means that Centurion can still stack plasma on shock immune or incinerate immune champions, but I'm not 100% sure
  • Options

Thefire13 said:

Astounds said:

I think he means that Centurion can still stack plasma on shock immune or incinerate immune champions, but I'm not 100% sure
    I dueled a Dr. Doom and he was having the immune pop come up for shock but he's immune to shock effects. If he was immune to shock debuffs, S.C could bypass that immunity being duped since it's passive.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Thefire13 said:

Astounds said:

I dueled a Dr. Doom and he was having the immune pop come up for shock but he's immune to shock effects. If he was immune to shock debuffs, S.C could bypass that immunity being duped since it's passive.
    Yeah I'm not disagreeing with that fact.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I have him at R3 signature 180. He is a beast of a champ, and the damage is actually pretty ridiculous if you are going for maximum damage.

I mainly just use him to slow champs and get through content quick.

I think the biggest thing that he is lacking as a tech champ is probably the power drain that is available only on the SP3. He has everything else you need.

In my eyes here is the rank of champs in the class:

Ghost
    Warlock
    Silver centurion
    Ultron
    Howard the Duck
    Guardian