**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do Android users suffer parry, dex issue?

rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
I am sorry but this statement by Kabam lacks evidence. I've missed more parries in the last 2 months than I've done in past 2 years before the update. Either the animations are sped up or parry window is shorter, especially when the opposing champ is quite close.

Do Android users suffer parry, dex issue? 45 votes

Parry is a problem
11%
Sundance_2099Cage_1raviXsharmaCheefTacoKonstant45 5 votes
Dexing is a problem
0%
Parry, Dex both are ongoing problems
37%
BigPoppaCBONESonSonjdrum663WayntosLogan00GrinchhhDylanphileBugmat78No_oneukLattughinoGhostrunner01Bus82Thoye3TSR6225LBN1SurfinwalrusNihalFayaz 17 votes
Parry, dex fails occasionally
20%
kikiFurieuxGrootman1294ChampioncriticJimmyBScarXWeenerCaleb1705AndreEcaDerrek2021 9 votes
Parry, dex works well and fails rarely
4%
damianohmKerneas 2 votes
No problem on Android
15%
Total_Domin01Furious_Fighter1Jamnik78Ackbar67FenicoBrHunter67360magnus_xix 7 votes
I'm not using android
11%
ShaggyMCat_MurdockKen1378HoitadoGrassKnuckles 5 votes

Comments

• rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

A lot of people aren’t reading the full statement.

Read this response

What they’re saying is there are two issues.

The larger parry/dex timing issue is specific to iOS only. It literally hasn’t changed anything in the android operating system so there is 0 chance, nada, that the android users are experiencing the parry/dex timing issue. They have only updated the IOS unity version.

However, Miike also says that there is the secondary issue of lagging and stuttering, and they believe that this is what is causing android players to have parry dex issues.

The difference is that IOS players have the Parry dex issue. Android players have a Parry dex issue.

They hope to fix this stuttering and lagging in 32.3 and 33.0, which should take care of the parry and dex issues for android players if (as they suspect) the parry dex issues are caused by the stuttering and lagging. But for iOS players, the unity problem won’t be fixed for another few months.

They aren’t saying you don’t have any issues, they’re saying you don’t have THE issue.

The fix statement is this -

The problem here is the lack of proper testing because I can assure you I'm no arena grinder and don't play loooong sessions. My phone has 8gb RAM so I'm sure any memory leaks wouldn't come up immediately as I go into a quest.

Maybe it's due to stuttering and lagging but if I remember correctly this has been in the game for as long as 4 years. If you grind arena and have a semi new phone, you know.

This is different, it's not generic stuttering and lagging, but let's see what fix is coming up. Fyi, my phone doesn't stutter or lag, it's the parry, dex timing that's off
  • Caleb1705Caleb1705 Posts: 241 ★★
    Parry, dex fails occasionally
    I play on a Samsung S21+ and since July have pretty consistently had problems with dex not being input late as a parry, and parries and blocks not registering at all. Since the hot fix was pushed out there's also been a big problem with frames stuttering or the game freezing completely. From everything I've read on the forums this seems to be pretty standard
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Read this response

The larger parry/dex timing issue is specific to iOS only. It literally hasn’t changed anything in the android operating system so there is 0 chance, nada, that the android users are experiencing the parry/dex timing issue. They have only updated the IOS unity version.

However, Miike also says that there is the secondary issue of lagging and stuttering, and they believe that this is what is causing android players to have parry dex issues.

The difference is that IOS players have the Parry dex issue. Android players have a Parry dex issue.

They hope to fix this stuttering and lagging in 32.3 and 33.0, which should take care of the parry and dex issues for android players if (as they suspect) the parry dex issues are caused by the stuttering and lagging. But for iOS players, the unity problem won’t be fixed for another few months.

They aren’t saying you don’t have any issues, they’re saying you don’t have THE issue.

Fyi, my phone doesn't stutter or lag, it's the parry, dex timing that's off
    Ok, but they’re not saying you don’t have issues. They’re saying any issues you are facing simply cannot be caused by the unity update, because that only altered iOS devices. This isn’t an opinion, it’s a fact.

We will see if their fixed in 32.3 and 33.0 fix the issue you are facing, until then, please just accept that Kabam aren’t saying android users are imagining parry and dex issues, that’s misinformation
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

Read this response

Fyi, my phone doesn't stutter or lag, it's the parry, dex timing that's off
    Ok, but they’re not saying you don’t have issues. They’re saying any issues you are facing simply cannot be caused by the unity update, because that only altered iOS devices. This isn’t an opinion, it’s a fact.

We will see if their fixed in 32.3 and 33.0 fix the issue you are facing, until then, please just accept that Kabam aren’t saying android users are imagining parry and dex issues, that’s misinformation
    I'm sorry, are you saying that Unity engine update only happened on the iOS?
  • Hey there, as some have mentioned, there is already a post and a discussion thread going for this topic that include our full statements and go into much more detail on the matter. We would highly encourage folks to check these out so they can get the full context and information on this.
This discussion has been closed.