**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Drax or Angela to Rank 5 and why

_ASDF__ASDF_ Posts: 1,807 ★★★★
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
Which would you chose and why please? I have no plans to wait on a Hyperion and need a good cosmic ranked up. Thanks.

Drax or Angela to Rank 5 and why 61 votes

Drax and why?
22%
Erza_ScarletSpity68YellsomeXillymanunknownTROUBL3DDarkNemesisRotellyAnonymous346buttersSgtAnime1G0311TurbulentUrFaceWinterSpider112 14 votes
Angela and why?
77%
StavelotXoteShrimkinsDrakon56FuzzylumpsTBJ1118Haji_SaabTheLazyKingMarzGroovebloodyCainSaiyanSkyNemesioJank39AfridLethaldosesupergokuScottryanadqqedfyvrVision_41Speedbump 47 votes

Comments

• Options
    KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    Angela and why?
    Amazing damage and regrn
  • Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Liked the test so I did it mine with both champions 4* R4/40, Angela unduped, Drax duped LV20, same fighting style as @bloodyCain

Synergy - Mutants
    Drax 117 Hits - 142.107 Damage
    Angela 117 - 141.763 Damage

Synergy - None
    Drax 117 Hits - 99.118 Damage
    Angela 117 Hits - 110.413 Damage

So I agree with @bloodyCain and I have to add the Angela was basically at full health at the end of the fight
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Angela and why?
    I did 2 minute dps tests a while back, angela is slightly ahead of drax, except the times when drax just has amazing rng and the furies stacks, the bleeds lay down.

Drax benefits from crit teams greatly, therefore if teams do not have beefed up crits, angela pulls ahead more
  • Options
    bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Angela and why?
    bloodyCain wrote: »
    Did a test run of my Angela and Drax, both are 4* R3/30.

Strategies:
    1) Fight against ROL Winter Soldier, gain power until almost reaching SP2 bar then spam SP1. Repeat.
    2) Stop at 111 successful hits.
    3) No synergy team

Contenders: Angela - unduped (will not affect the test); Drax - sig 20.

Results:
    1) Angela did a total damage of 93,677
    2) Drax did a total damage of 68,428

My final opinion for rank up suggestion:
    ANGELA. Plus, she will do inflict more damage when against a non-bleeder champ compared to Drax.

PS: If AW doesn't show the champion class beforehand, I will definitely suggest Drax because Angela's buff will trigger Mystic Dispersion when fighting against Mystic champs - if you so choose to bring them in AW attack.

Thank you for reading this till the end.

v7i8c484mptl.jpg

UPDATE!

Kinda the same challenge but with synergy this time.

Synergy: Mutant crit rate team (two Storm, Red Magneto, Wolvie, Red Cyclops) - a total of +620 Crit Rate and +115 Crit Damage.

Strategies:
    The same except I stopped at 112 hits this time and did one SP2 (didn't manage to stop at 111 and overestimated the power gained from striking when using Drax in the first place lol)

Masteries: Doesn't matter. Don't wanna make the test more complicated.

Results:
    1) Angela - 110,516 damage
    2) Drax - 104,257 damage

My suggestion to rank up:
    Still Angela

There you go @_ASDF_ . It was a very fascinating test. Thank you for coming up with the question that gave me the chance to do the test.
  • Options
    MarkxMarkx Posts: 209
    Is your Drax duped?
  • Options
    Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    Drax if duped stack furies which makes his bleeds stronger.

Angela takes a while to build up dmg. Up to you if you have deep wounds max do drax.
  • Options
    CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    This is some great data mining guys. I just pulled Angela from the boss rush and have a cosmic awakening gem I'd been saving in the hopes of pulling Hyperion someday. Would you guys recommend awakening her and taking to R5 over R3ing a 5* Ronan?
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    If you have max DW or lots (like full GOTG) synergies for Drax then maybe him, otherwise it's Angela for sure.
  • Options
    Angela and why?
    @CammonRo Is your Ronan duped? I would suggest to rank up Ronan if he is duped. His 100% chance stun ability from his SPs is superb.
    Angela doesn't need to be awaken to be good. Her sig ability doesn't affect her damage output at all EXCEPT when against a duped DS and duped SW that can nullify her buffs which resulting to her damage to be average.
    So save your awakening stone for now.
  • Options
    @bloodyCain thanks for the advice. My Ronan isn't duped yet so I'll probably just hold off. I already have two R5 4* (Thor and Phoenix) and no R3 5* cosmics so I'm reluctant to R5 another cosmic 4* not named Hyperion. I've also been saving shards for Gladiator Thor but he might be skill from what I'm hearing. Not that I'm going to pull him. Last time I pulled Groot from a 15k 5* crystal. Punch to the gut.
  • Options
    Angela and why?
    Because most people say Angela
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Angela and why?
    Angela's regen makes her a solid AQ champ. Drax is kind of a meh AQ champ. Dormammu is bleed immune which takes away half his damage.
  • Options
    Drax can bust up Mordo though - so there's that. He also messes with Quake's auto evade.
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    Angela and why?
    If you could do a timed test maybe 2 minutes each that would be great to see those results
    I did 2 minute dps tests a while back, angela is slightly ahead of drax, except the times when drax just has amazing rng and the furies stacks, the bleeds lay down.

Drax benefits from crit teams greatly, therefore if teams do not have beefed up crits, angela pulls ahead more

Edit: did 5 or so solid test runs, drax was ahead once cause he stacked something like 8 furies at one point (i personally have stacked 10+ before)

But numerically angela was on average 5-10% ahead dps-wise
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Angela and why?
    Drax relies on bleed. Angela doesn't.
  • Options
    How would you guys compare Angela to Ms. Marvel?
  • Options
    Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Angela and why?
    Angela because of her buff stack.
  • Options
    Angela and why?
    CammonRo wrote: »

If we are still talking about rank up; I would rank up Ms.Marvel if she is duped.
    Keeping her power full at 3 bar will increase her attack exponentially.
    Sure, Angela will finish the fight faster (haven't been tested so it could be small or big time differences) BUT if you are running suicide masteries, Angela will hurt you.

If suicides masteries is ON, and you don't wanna turn it off anytime soon, MM is more reliable.
    Reason:
    1) Angela relies on her specials to keep refreshing the buffs and to keep getting those buffs that help her attack damage.
    2) MM is the opposite of Angela. She gains attack rate boost based on her sig ability. So keeping the 3 bar of power full will increase her damage output at its peak.

If suicide masteries is OFF, Angela is better cause the value of her Fury buff is the highest by far in the game (if I'm wrong, please let me know).

Overall, this is all just my opinion for these 2 champs. You can figure it out yourself if you choose to not accept my opinions. It's all cool.

• Options
    TurbulentUrFaceTurbulentUrFace Posts: 311
    Drax and why?
    Drax has great bleed and I personally like how he plays better than Angela. I would do Drax.
  • Options
    @bloodyCain Great feedback man - thanks. I'm running suicides now but I get tired of them now and again. I have 4/40 Ms. Marvel @ sig 99 currently that I've been debating ranking up if I don't pull a good 5* cosmic or a Hyperion soon - but with everyone professing their love for Angela I was thinking of awakening Angela and ranking her instead. I do like that Ms. Marvel is poison immune. And her mechanics are very simple and reliable. Going to experiment with both of them a bit more like you suggest.
  • Options
    Angela and why?
    UPDATE 3.0!

Strategies
    1) Fight against ROL Winter Soldier, gain power until almost reaching SP2 bar then spam SP1. Repeat.
    2) Stop after 2 minutes.
    3) No synergy team.

Masteries: Doesn't matter. Don't wanna make the test more complicated. HOWEVER, I do have 2 points in Deep Wounds. It's the same masteries in the previous 2 tests.

Results:
    1) Angela - 80,449 damage
    2) Drax - 94,472 damage

My suggestion to rank up:
    Still Angela

Reason:
    Her damage output will not affect so much when against non-bleeders champs.

PS:
    1) Just what @CammonRo mentioned, Drax is great against Mordo and those 'evaders' champs because his dash medium can counter the evasion, however, I personally don't see a lot of situation where you need to use Drax to fight them. If you REALLY HAVE to fight them in any content of the game AND you don't have other great champs that can counter Evasion, for example AA, Crossbones, Quake; then I would consider to rank up Drax.
    2) When against a bleeder champ, Drax will definitely inflict more total damage ESPECIALLY when you have maxed Deep Wounds masteries. However, I'm not really concern about bleed in the game hence I only put 2 points in there. So, that could be my biased.

PPS:
    1) I didn't do Mutant crit rate team this time. I'm a bit busy so maybe next time.
    2) Pardon my English if there's any grammatical error or misspelled words.

Hopefully that help @SmokinSurfer @_ASDF_
  • Options
    unknownunknown Posts: 378
    Drax and why?
    Man IDK. I love my Drax running with deep wounds. He bleeds peeps like crazy. Plus he gets a 6 hit combo instead of 5, and he is a mordo killer.
  • Options
    Drakon56Drakon56 Posts: 32
    Angela and why?
    bloodyCain wrote: »
    CammonRo wrote: »

If we are still talking about rank up; I would rank up Ms.Marvel if she is duped.
    Keeping her power full at 3 bar will increase her attack exponentially.
    Sure, Angela will finish the fight faster (haven't been tested so it could be small or big time differences) BUT if you are running suicide masteries, Angela will hurt you.

If suicides masteries is ON, and you don't wanna turn it off anytime soon, MM is more reliable.
    Reason:
    1) Angela relies on her specials to keep refreshing the buffs and to keep getting those buffs that help her attack damage.
    2) MM is the opposite of Angela. She gains attack rate boost based on her sig ability. So keeping the 3 bar of power full will increase her damage output at its peak.

If suicide masteries is OFF, Angela is better cause the value of her Fury buff is the highest by far in the game (if I'm wrong, please let me know).

Overall, this is all just my opinion for these 2 champs. You can figure it out yourself if you choose to not accept my opinions. It's all cool.

Angela is the best champ to use with suicides. You're forgetting her regen. It's just barely enough to cover for both suicides and recoil. She can run suicides all day long, spamming all her specials and she'll still have all her hp