**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

act 7.3 and variant8

qartweliqartweli Posts: 814 ★★★
according to dev diary they are scheduled in october and november

any changes on this or we can expect those two?

and also a question

are you going to update/refresh the variant rewards again?cause time passes by and it makes no value anymore in end 2021

Comments

• Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,388 ★★★★★

I'm hoping 7.3 drops next month. Have nothing else that I want to push for right now. Wouldn't mind a variant rewards buff either tbh.

Same doing just the monthly eq with and and aw which is same need something more to use energy on
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    qartweli said:

i bet rewards are copy paste + slightly more t3a

I was expecting a linear increase in t5cc, t6b and t3a.

Variants are my favorite content. An easy way to update rewards would be to make them 6-star relevant. Make it a 4-5 5-star or 1-2 6-star selector, maybe. Add some 6-star shards to exploration because the availability of those has changed - 1000 per chapter and 2000 for full exploration. None of those changes are significant enough to require adjustment to difficulty. They just keep up with resource creep.
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Previous variant Rewards don’t need any buff.

They are only out dated if you didn’t do them at the time, which is your problem.

• Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    Variants are not for endgame players. They are more like at the level of early act 6. It's rewards are definitely the best you can get around that level
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    If V8 is fun, then I am ok with the rewards being focused on 5 stars. I have a few I would still rank up and use, if I had rank up gems.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    qartweli said:

do we all agree that t5b ammount is great in variants but 5 star shards are not needed anymore for such content?

Variants are aimed at progressing players around cavalier-mid act 6 level iirc. So 5* are definitely needed for them.
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I wouldn't mind future variants coming with TB objectives that give rewards that actually benefit my roster. Current non-TB players would unlock the objectives upon becoming TB.

But as others have said, variants give plenty of rewards for how relatively not difficult they are.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    qartweli said:

Haji_Saab said:

qartweli said:

do we all agree that t5b ammount is great in variants but 5 star shards are not needed anymore for such content?

Variants are aimed at progressing players around cavalier-mid act 6 level iirc. So 5* are definitely needed for them.
    By the time a progressing players has the roster to do variant 1-7, he/she won't be asking for 5* shards in variant 8 :D
    This and it would be nice that we all think this deep

Any player coming up to var8 would be unhappy with 5 star shards

And if u tell he maybe overjumped all other varints then i give up
    Not everyone has done all variants in order though and overjumping is very much possible. I wouldn't mind variants promoting 6* resources but I can definitely understand why Variants give out 5* resources. Plus 5* aren't obsolete yet.

Me personally, I have completed 4 variants and is TB and I still would be happy with 5* shards since I don't have every champion yet and 5* are easier to invest in than 6* currently where I am at in the game. It is different for others though.
  • Options
    AsimDXBAsimDXB Posts: 32
    Dear Kabam Moderators,
    Please update the community by reconfirming the original release timeline for Act 7.3 & Variant 8 is still being met.
    Thank you in advance.
    @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos
  • Options
    AsimDXB said:

Dear Kabam Moderators,
    Please update the community by reconfirming the original release timeline for Act 7.3 & Variant 8 is still being met.
    Thank you in advance.
    @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos

They usually come out with all these stuff along with the patch notes. No reason for them to do otherwise.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    qartweli said:

i bet rewards are copy paste + slightly more t3a

Act Chapter rewards have always been copy and pasted. The big rewards are the Act Completion / Exploration rewards.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★

I wouldn't mind future variants coming with TB objectives that give rewards that actually benefit my roster. Current non-TB players would unlock the objectives upon becoming TB.

But as others have said, variants give plenty of rewards for how relatively not difficult they are.

I think that progressing Cav players, with how much resources are in Variants 1-7, should have no issues getting to TB. Variant 8 onwards should be harder and catered to TBs imo.