**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Break from the norm

Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 589 ★★★
edited September 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Looking for suggestions on a new 6* to learn and master and make relevant in my roster. Run suicides and already have the big hitters but game getting stale want a change of pace.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    roster pic?
  • Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 589 ★★★

roster pic?

Was trying to avoid the “brag post” or “flex post” responses and more so just looking for some ideas of who others rank and have success using in various content that isn’t the normal top 10-15 champs
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Gambit or wasp are my two suggestions. Both of them are really fun to play and have many uses.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★
    iHulk. Without a doubt. He is absolutely incredible when learned to play well

Crcrcrc said:

Have a duped 6* and a science t5c but been skeptical on him cause I hear you basically have to Kill yourself off to see the damage but I may be wrong
  • OmedennOmedenn Posts: 867 ★★★
    Howard the Duck, WarMachine - have them myself (6*) at R2. Very much enjoy using them.

Also I am about to start ranking my 6* Tigra

Tigra is quite some work to ‘master’ so if you are bored..

Crcrcrc said:

Have a duped 6* and a science t5c but been skeptical on him cause I hear you basically have to Kill yourself off to see the damage but I may be wrong
    You technically do, but the beauty of his kit makes it so that you heal back to 85% after each damage cycle
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Completely wrong, check buddylees videos out to see how good and sustainable ihulk can be.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Punisher 2099 if you have him
  • Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    King Groot, if you have him awakened
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

You have full control over that health you “lose”

The reason I’ve put it into quotes is because you don’t lose the health. You essentially lend it and get it back.

Think about it like this, you take your health as a percentage. And you convert it into equal gamma, which you get back after your immortal phase ends. (While 15% gamma is consumed to trigger immortal, you also heal a flat amount + gamma). In practice, if you go into immortality with 100% gamma, you will heal up to 95% health after it ends. You’re lending the health and converting it into your gamma in exchange for damage.

And when I say you get damage, that’s one hell of an understatement. My rank 3 does about 590 damage per rage stack. Doesn’t sound like much, but that’s 14,750 per rage attack. His damage per hit is likely one of the top in the game, and I’m confident saying that his high damage per hit is one of, if not the, most accessible. You can get that damage in 45 seconds or so if the opponent plays ball.

There’s also benefits to this method of health. If you are on an amount of gamma, say 80% and you get KOd, or time out in AQ, or the game crashes, you keep that 80% health. So you have 80% health while you’re KOd, and a 20% revive becomes a 100% revive.

Also, with willpower you can heal up, while damaging yourself. Meaning you can get 100% gamma and 100% health, i.e. 200% health which for my rank 3 is 112k health! That’s crazy.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

if the opponent plays ball.

bolded for emphasis lol because that factors into iHulk's optimal gameplay quite significantly.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

bolded for emphasis lol because that factors into iHulk's optimal gameplay quite significantly.
    Eh, even if you get into his sp2 cycle with 4-6 rage stacks, you still have really nice damage. You just don’t have the insane damage.

People act like he’s all or nothing, but there’s 50 shades of green between that

Eh, even if you get into his sp2 cycle with 4-6 rage stacks, you still have really nice damage. You just don’t have the insane damage.

People act like he’s all or nothing, but there’s 50 shades of green between that
    even just 6 gets him to 24 by immortality if you do the sp2 cycle fully, it's not as hard as people say
  • X_FactorX_Factor Posts: 36
    Loki
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Sasquatch or Odin or Dragon Man or Silver Surfer
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Civil warrior. While his poison/bleed immunity is very niche and costs his main source of damage, i tend to ignore it and utilize his heal block, power control, high block prof, nullify/stagger immunity, and a pretty cool sog to minimize special attack damage on block
    Hoitado said:

Sasquatch or Odin or Dragon Man or Silver Surfer

Love my r3 squatch would just love him more duped lmao
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    Rogue, hulkbuster, Mr fantastic, cable, shulk.

But presumably most of the new characters would be better if you're an end game player.

Rogue, hulkbuster, Mr fantastic, cable, shulk.

But presumably most of the new characters would be better if you're an end game player.

Wish rogue could get more to her kit then what she has
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Just going to mention some champs that haven't been talked about yet in the thread. All are pretty suicide-friendly with the possible exception of Terrax...although you can change that through playstyle. Personally have BP, Dorm, and Ultron at 6*R3.

Black Panther. Great damage, pretty nice utility, and fluid playstyle (although he is greatly helped by the Hercules synergy - it's actually a game-changer for BP and really makes him amazing).

Dormammu. You want total control of a fight? Because that's what you get with Dormammu. Plus he has access to pretty good regen.

Ultron. Double immunities (almost quadruple immunities when max sig), great regen, great damage, great utility.

Thing. This guy is severely underrated by people. Does not need synergies to be amazing. Good damage, great utility. I somewhat recently duped my 6*R2 and learned that his protection passive (which you can force activate with a heavy when not on cooldown) also allows you to basically negate recoil damage. That protection passive is just so handy in so many scenarios. He'll probably be my next science R3 when I get a catalyst.

Terrax. I'm just adding him because I really enjoy my 6*R2 Terrax. And now he hits pretty hard after his buff. I'd definitely try him out of you haven't really given him a try since that buff.
    Loki and Rogue. They both have similar potentially OP uses
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Punisher 2099 if you have him

Do you have him ranked? I recently took mine to R2 with expiring resources but I haven't really used him much. He's duped and I could take him to R3.

I just got rogue 6* Friday and I was pretty happy cause I like her just feel like she’s a buff in the making since her kit is basic as hell

I just got rogue 6* Friday and I was pretty happy cause I like her just feel like she’s a buff in the making since her kit is basic as hell
    all she needs is one line of text:

all stolen buffs are paused during both champions' special attacks
  • Mattyy said:

Crcrcrc said:

Completely wrong, check buddylees videos out to see how good and sustainable ihulk can be.
    True my dude , I don't have one but he has one of the best regens if played correctly, not to mention super fun too .
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    Master jubilee and her utilities scrolling thru the colors...seems easy but its really not
  • Mr Negative, I've been learning mine and am going to take him to r2 soon
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Immortal Hulk all day long. If you give him some time to master, he will reward you without fail. I'll be clearing out some stereotypes about him:
    1. He needs to lose health to do damage. Nope not at all. Losing his health is a totally different mechanic. His damage is almost independent of his health except he gains increased attack on low HP.

2. He does damage to himself so he's not reliable. No. His damage-back is a part of his regeneration.
    Here.
    You give yourself damage and store your health as gamma. Now, if you start at 100% health, in the end, you'll be at
    1% health and 100 gamma. Now here's the grab. If you say start at 50% health and 0 gamma, you'll be after some
    time at 1 % health and 50 gamma. Now, when he's at 1% health, you can still gain gamma, which translates to
    health. So if you play correctly and reach 100 gamma again, you'll be healing to a full 100%. Boom, you started the
    fight with 50% health but now after one cycle of immortality, you're at 100%.

IHulk is a burst damage champion who rewards aggressive playstyle. You don't know how many tricky bosses he has soloed for me when I thought I'll be going ham on Unitsman. Definitely a potions saver and a hard hitter. He was my MVP in summer of pain too.

I don't use him for every fight as I'm still not a pro at managing my gamma but use him for hard and tricky fights only and he serves me very well. Gotta love him.