**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Inside the Contest ep 2 - First look at Knull, Solo competitive mode, 7.3 and V8

magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
Im hyped af. October is going to be crazy.

https://youtu.be/18gakzRlUOw

Comments

• HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    lol just finished watching it
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★

They also confirmed Eternals are coming in November and a spider man villain in December

I have a feeling that it's Sandman
  • PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    Excited for all of this! Especially the new game mode. It feels really different and I’m looking forward to a new way to use these champs. They said it will incentivize using lesser played champs. Hoping this is OG Cap’s time to shine, lol.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    I’ve never been more excited for a champ than I am for Knull

Suicide friendly, good damage, good sustainability. The only thing I’m worried about, and I’m significantly worried about it, is his utility

So far, we can see he can stack a ton of armour breaks, looks like on specials. Very similar to Angela’s, and here aren’t the most useful in all honesty

A bit of poison resistance, but probably not enough to allow him to deal with poison

A delirium passive with a bit of combat power rate reduction

Obviously we haven’t seen a lot of his abilities, but he doesn’t seem to have any utility aspect to his SP1 or 2, or his basic hits, even when the opponent is corrupted. Kind of hoping Living Abyss has a powerful secondary utility effect
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,770 ★★★★★

Suicide friendly, good damage, good sustainability. The only thing I’m worried about, and I’m significantly worried about it, is his utility

So far, we can see he can stack a ton of armour breaks, looks like on specials. Very similar to Angela’s, and here aren’t the most useful in all honesty

A bit of poison resistance, but probably not enough to allow him to deal with poison

Obviously we haven’t seen a lot of his abilities, but he doesn’t seem to have any utility aspect to his SP1 or 2, or his basic hits, even when the opponent is corrupted. Kind of hoping Living Abyss has a powerful secondary utility effect

They did say he'll add stuff to other symbiotes. Perhaps he is the symbiote apocalypse after all.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    i'm super super excited for solo competitive. hopefully we get a date at some point. in addition, how in the world do i get hired by kabam to design champs?
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I'm really excited for the solo competitive mode. Drafting the champs sounds really cool and will make me branch out from the champs that I usually stick to.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

They did say he'll add stuff to other symbiotes. Perhaps he is the symbiote apocalypse after all.
    I don't see any prefight sign. Maybe he's got a self synergy that buffs himself and other Symbiotes
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    So the december villain is lizard right? Or Sandman? So that it still ties into the movie?
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

I believe we will likely get episode 3 and 4 next year and hope we do because this is a nice 3 month update video for us. I believe episode 1 happened in June as Summoner Showdown began following month.

Also bummed out on no update to wish crystal lol

Considering the current issues at the game we're still dealing with and the point of those crystals is to literally pre-program and build your ideal Crystal* and multiply that by however many people play this game?

I think that would have brought its own set of issues into the servers to be honest, but I know people really want them because it's literally the last stepping stone for them to "win the game."
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★

So the december villain is lizard right? Or Sandman? So that it still ties into the movie?

Gabe pretty much said Sandman was already built. I'd bet on him
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I was kind of hoping Knull could add symbiote effects to non-symbiote characters (look at 3:55 in the vid to see what I mean). Like he could give a character a Klyntar mutation buff which provides certain benefits depending on the champion's class type or something.

That way he isn't limited to only buffing a handful of the symbiote characters in game.
  • I'm so excited for knull. That I've already set aside money to buy every single cash offer 3x on cyber weekend to get me enough units to hopefully get a 6* AG in the unit offers. Should be a generic like 4th of july that will be used or saved for knull. Even if he's not a top 5 cosmic I don't care.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Maaan that Featured 6 Star Crystal for Next April, I think it was, is gonna be Stacked!